Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 10 vs. Bye
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the highlight of the season thus far?
Victory within division against the Bengals
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
T-Rich leads Browns over the Chargers
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Gordon looking like our #1 receiver for years to come
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Hornby's rants in the oppsing team's GDT
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Nug's starting back to back GDT's in enemy territory
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Nick Foles era begins
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, brandon weeden's going to bust.

Fate will not allow there to be this many good QB's out of one class.
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some good games on today. Eagles Cowboys is nice.. Checking out the HC candidates.

Texans Bears game tonight is going to rock!
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:
. Checking out the HC candidates

There aren't any that I see in Dallas or Philadelphia. Its a good game, but those are both bad teams.
Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:

There aren't any that I see in Dallas or Philadelphia. Its a good game, but those are both bad teams.

They are not both bad teams. They are both good teams with very inconsistent QB play.

Also, today, Ryan Tannehill is more likely to bust than Weeden, especially considering he threw 3 picks and no TDs against a weak pass defense.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:

They are not both bad teams. They are both good teams with very inconsistent QB play.

Also, today, Ryan Tannehill is more likely to bust than Weeden, especially considering he threw 3 picks and no TDs against a weak pass defense.

They certainly aren't elite teams. They are average teams with bad QB play, I'll give you that. But none of their coaches are HC material, so its not like it matters.

As to the bust thing- its the EZ curse. I have a knack for make a big prediction which turns out to be totally wrong about 20 minutes after I make it. See: Nick Foles in this game.
Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:

They certainly aren't elite teams. They are average teams with bad QB play, I'll give you that. But none of their coaches are HC material, so its not like it matters.

As to the bust thing- its the EZ curse. I have a knack for make a big prediction which turns out to be totally wrong about 20 minutes after I make it. See: Nick Foles in this game.

I wouldn't call either team average either, but certainly not elite. I think it's safe to say both teams are consistent playoff threats and definite SB contenders with better QB play.

Reid has had a ton of success in the past, but no team can maintain it forever. Sadly, the coach always pays the price for inevitability.

About Foles, you aren't wrong to think he's a good QB with some very good potential. I know it's hard to look past mistakes that directly lead to losses, but it does happen to even the best players, moreso to rookies.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

What is this from? Laughing

From the TV series "The River"
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ties are stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Ties are stupid.

They say ties are like kissing your sister.

I would assume that would be uncomfortable.

Neck ties are uncomfortable. Which makes all ties uncomfortable.

Logical solution...replay the tie game with the players wearing suits and ties.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:

Did I read this right? You don't think Andy Reid is head coaching material? I disagree by a wide margin.

Year Age Tm Lg G W L T W-L% G plyf W plyf L plyf W-L% Rank Notes
1999 41 Philadelphia Eagles NFL 16 5 11 0 .313 5
2000 42 Philadelphia Eagles NFL 16 11 5 0 .688 2 1 1 .500 2
2001 43 Philadelphia Eagles NFL 16 11 5 0 .688 3 2 1 .667 1
2002 44 Philadelphia Eagles NFL 16 12 4 0 .750 2 1 1 .500 1
2003 45 Philadelphia Eagles NFL 16 12 4 0 .750 2 1 1 .500 1
2004 46 Philadelphia Eagles NFL 16 13 3 0 .813 3 2 1 .667 1 NFC Champions
2005 47 Philadelphia Eagles NFL 16 6 10 0 .375 4
2006 48 Philadelphia Eagles NFL 16 10 6 0 .625 2 1 1 .500 1
2007 49 Philadelphia Eagles NFL 16 8 8 0 .500 4
2008 50 Philadelphia Eagles NFL 16 9 6 1 .600 3 2 1 .667 2
2009 51 Philadelphia Eagles NFL 16 11 5 0 .688 1 0 1 .000 1
2010 52 Philadelphia Eagles NFL 16 10 6 0 .625 1 0 1 .000 1
2011 53 Philadelphia Eagles NFL 16 8 8 0 .500 2
2012 54 Philadelphia Eagles NFL 8 3 5 0 .375 2
14 yrs 216 129 86 1 .600 19 10 9 .526 2.0 Avg Finish
Games over .500: 43
Super Bowl Wins: 0
Overall Championships: 0
Conference Championships: 1
Division Championships: 7

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ReidAn0.htm?mobile=false

3 losing seasons in 14 years including this year, assuming he has a losing one this year, and that's not a forgone conclusion. A conference championship 7 times out of 14 tries. I'll take his 14 years over our last 14 years any day of the week. I'm not saying he'd even be my first choice as a head coach, but calling him "not head coaching material" might be one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen in my 6 years reading this forum.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:
. I'm not saying he'd even be my first choice as a head coach, but calling him "not head coaching material" might be one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen in my 6 years reading this forum.

Joe Banner is here.

Andy Reid is the reason he left Philadelphia

I think its safe to say Andy Reid is not a head coaching option for Cleveland. Obviously he's a good head coach, but if you're scouting potential HC's for us, he's not even an option I'd consider within the realm of possibilities. I assumed he was talking about coaches who could actually end up here, ie: Marty Mornhinweg and Rob Ryan
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:
. I'm not saying he'd even be my first choice as a head coach, but calling him "not head coaching material" might be one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen in my 6 years reading this forum.

Joe Banner is here.

I think its safe to say Andy Reid is not a head coaching option for Cleveland. Obviously he's a good head coach, but if you're scouting potential HC's for us, he's not even an option I'd consider within the realm of possibilities. I assumed he was talking about coaches who could actually end up here, ie: Marty Mornhinweg and Rob Ryan

Well your post might be less ignorant with that logic in mind and I apologize, however, I wouldn't consider him not an option though.

Q: Did you leave on good terms with Reid and would he be on your list of coaching candidates if you make a change?

A: I had a great relationship with Andy. He's still a close friend. [But] I'm not going to answer that. That's speculation of course.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/11/cleveland_browns_ceo_joe_banne_1.html

I'm sure he didn't want to answer that because Reid is currently employed. I've never read anything that said Banner left Philly because of Reid.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

Joe Banner is here.

Well, if Banner is true to his word that he will hire the best person available, regardless of being friends, worked, together, etc. than that pool of candidates SHOULD include Reid.... I dont know if it will but It goes both ways.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

Joe Banner is here.

Well, if Banner is true to his word that he will hire the best person available, regardless of being friends, worked, together, etc. than that pool of candidates SHOULD include Reid.... I dont know if it will but It goes both ways.

Id be fine being wrong, but that was all the talk back when we first looked at Banner. The common line was that he and Reid were at odds over player acquisition and contracts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: