Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady and the Bunch : Steelers vs. Chiefs GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Chiefs do have a decent defense which is why it boggles my mind that they haven't won a few more games. I really don't know where they are stuffing other than they are still relatively young, inconsistent and Cassell is just average.

Their defense isnt really decent this year. Its pretty bad.

Their DLineman are mediocre, DJ and Houston are the only LBs worth a damn (Hali looks like crap), and everyone outside of Brandon Flowers has sucked in their secondary, and that includes Eric Berry, who has been terrible.

And Cassell isnt average. He is just plain bad.

Ohhh, I see you secretly bashing my FFMD player!! Laughing Laughing Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree 43. Their DL hasn't been as good as it was in years past but I think Hali and Berry are doing fine. Hali has 5 sacks is 7 games. Why do you hate the chiefs so much?

Berry is recovering from an acl tear from last year. It takes a while to get back to where you were before the injury. he's still their second best DB by a wide margin. He's been great in run support which is the main job as a SS. He could so better in pass coverage, but then again he did have a big int last game in the endzone vs the chargers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I disagree 43. Their DL hasn't been as good as it was in years past but I think Hali and Berry are doing fine. Hali has 5 sacks is 7 games. Why do you hate the chiefs so much?

I have to question whether you even watched the Chiefs at all this season if you are saying that.

The Chiefs DLine was never that good to begin with. Tyson Jackson and Dorsey have had their moments, but overall, neither have ever been much better than average players.

Hali has been fine as a pass rusher but horrible vs the run. He is never that strong in run defense, but this year looks worse. The DLine isnt helping but he is a very one dimensional LB this year.

Berry has been crap all around and even most of their fans admit as much. Even if its because of his injury, poor play is poor play.

And I dont hate Chiefs at all. In fact, they are one of my secondary teams. The only reason Ive been hard on them this year is a) because their fans pimped them to be one of the better teams in the AFC based on nothing, and b) they simply just suck this year. Most of it has to do with poor coaching and QB play, but outside of a handful if players, they have been pretty dreadful all around.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I have to question whether you even watched the Chiefs at all this season if you are saying that.

The Chiefs DLine was never that good to begin with. Tyson Jackson and Dorsey have had their moments, but overall, neither have ever been much better than average players.

Hali has been fine as a pass rusher but horrible vs the run. He is never that strong in run defense, but this year looks worse. The DLine isnt helping but he is a very one dimensional LB this year.

Berry has been crap all around and even most of their fans admit as much. Even if its because of his injury, poor play is poor play.

And I dont hate Chiefs at all. In fact, they are one of my secondary teams. The only reason Ive been hard on them this year is a) because their fans pimped them to be one of the better teams in the AFC based on nothing, and b) they simply just suck this year. Most of it has to do with poor coaching and QB play, but outside of a handful if players, they have been pretty dreadful all around.
i just saw a stat where they have 29 giveaways. I think that's their main problem...

Cut down on those and they'd probably have 3 wins or so
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

i just saw a stat where they have 29 giveaways. I think that's their main problem...

Cut down on those and they'd probably have 3 wins or so

Yes, turnovers are a huge issue, but it doesnt change the fact that their defense hasnt been good either.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Yes, turnovers are a huge issue, but it doesnt change the fact that their defense hasnt been good either.
yeah. I agree their D hasn't been that good, but it still boggles my mind that its the case.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs DLine was never good. It's always underachieved. I never liked Dorsey as a 3-4 DE. Hardcore Chief fans will tell you it works; non-hardcore fans like myself know the truth. Jackson has never amounted to anything. He's lazy and is underachieving.

Hali was playing as an elite overall OLB, but he's just being an elite pass rusher this year.

Berry looks lost at times. Seems like his ACL injury really did a number on him.

I look forward to running the ball tonight. The way our line has dominated in the last few weeks with the run game, I think we should just run the ball like hell until Ben is tired of handing it off.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Chiefs DLine was never good. It's always underachieved. I never liked Dorsey as a 3-4 DE. Hardcore Chief fans will tell you it works; non-hardcore fans like myself know the truth. Jackson has never amounted to anything. He's lazy and is underachieving.

Hali was playing as an elite overall OLB, but he's just being an elite pass rusher this year.

Berry looks lost at times. Seems like his ACL injury really did a number on him.

I look forward to running the ball tonight. The way our line has dominated in the last few weeks with the run game, I think we should just run the ball like hell until Ben is tired of handing it off.

And he was much desired by the Steelers fanbase around here when that draft rolled around. You never can tell.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a significant difference in being drafted by the Steelers and being drafted by the Chiefs. J. Mitchell I think would of done wonders with T. Jackson. Its hard to be motivated when your team is always losing and there's a difference when you have coaching changes. Not making excuses because these are professional players, but there is some correlation.

The Steelers have to be use the pass to open up the run like they've been doing the pass few games. It's going to be big for J. Cotchery to get involved early and take some pressure off of M. Wallace.

I still think with how the defense has played that the Chiefs miss a turnover or big return should be shutdown offensively.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles and Bowe are high quality players.

They are limited by Cassel, but they could make plays tonight regardless of how we scheme them.

If I was DC Bowe would be bracketed all night and Clark would be up in the box to support on all base downs. Make Cassell beat them with Baldwin/McCluster/Moeaki...seems like a winning recipe.

The weather worries me. Bad weather evens things out.

Flowers and Johnson are about it on the D side of the ball for the Chiefs.

I ground and pound them to set up PA working away from those guys with Heath/Sanders/Cotch in the intermediate game. Should eventually open up a few shots to Wallace.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Dcash4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing teams like KC, you have to come right out of the gate and punch them in the mouth - remind them of who they are and that they cant compete with you. Dont allow poor teams to have any hope of knocking you off.

I have one bad feeling tonight...we end their reign as the only team to NOT hold a lead in regulation.

These are the games that i have questioned Tomlins motivational skills. We have seen over and over again playing down to lesser competition. Not trying to turn this into a Tomlin bash - i absolutely love him as our coach - but its a trend that continually appears.

Come out early, put them away, and keep your foot on the gas. Thats how I hope we play tonight.
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers need the same game plan as the Washington game. Get a 2 score lead to limit KC's running game. Once Cassel begins to pass, magical things can happen for the Steelers.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorsey now on IR.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how many of you live in the Pittsburgh area but I'm on my way to Heinz field. So here's a little Weather update:

It's very windy, gusting up to 25- 30 MPH and starting to rain. That open end may cause a few kicks to go wide tonight!

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did Stewie Scott just put a curse on the Steelers?
Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: