Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady and the Bunch : Steelers vs. Chiefs GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
Cue the "it doesn't matter,they should have won by more" talk

Im happy we won, but come on....its getting old that we continue to play down to the competition.

Perhaps, so you feel it's a coaching issue?

Coaching and our players seemingly letting their guard down.

Its been happening since the Cowher era, so Im not sure what to say about it.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
SteelFire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:
Heres a fun fact: Chiefs average 3.6 turnovers a game.

Our "number 1" defense has 0 tonight........

We need some play makers on D terribly.

Thank you Timmons.
steelfan51

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark looked really good tonight, at least from a first glance. He's playing lights out as of late.
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Leader O'Cola wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Im happy we won, but come on....its getting old that we continue to play down to the competition.

BS, you can say that and I can't?

bias

You really arent that bright, are you?

Big difference between that and your "FIRE TOMLIN, HE SUCKS" nonsense.

swing and a miss
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leader O'Cola wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Leader O'Cola wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

BS, you can say that and I can't?

bias

You really arent that bright, are you?

Big difference between that and your "FIRE TOMLIN, HE SUCKS" nonsense.

swing and a miss

Im not getting into this again.

There were several posters who tried to explain it to you last week. Your obvious lack of comprehension prohibits you from understanding the difference between criticism and bashing. If you dont get it by now, you never will.

Good day.

1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelfan51 wrote:
Clark looked really good tonight, at least from a first glance. He's playing lights out as of late.

It's the best he's played in years I feel. I've been hard on him before but he has been their most consistent secondary player this season. It sucks that he gets hurt right at the end of the game with what is possibly another concussion.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
tenboots

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can be fine with Leftwich getting a full week to prepare for the Ravens as long as we find the running game again which was surprisingly absent tonight.

I'm more concerned about the health of Ryan Clark, who if he got another concussion.....might be out for a long stretch. I don't wanna see Mundy on the field.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenboots wrote:
I think we can be fine with Leftwich getting a full week to prepare for the Ravens as long as we find the running game again which was surprisingly absent tonight.

I'm more concerned about the health of Ryan Clark, who if he got another concussion.....might be out for a long stretch. I don't wanna see Mundy on the field.

Thank you!! Lefty will be fine if they cater to his play style and are able to run it to not allow 3rd and long. That's the biggest difference between Big Ben and Leftwich, though that's not to say if Lefty gets rid of it, it'll be a strike. Mundy is a huge liability in pass coverage and run defending.
steelfan51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

On top of losing their guard, they never seem to get it back. They might score and get ahead, but then it seems like every single time we just let the other team hang around. It's mind boggling. It seems they lack that finisher mentality!
steelfan51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
steelfan51 wrote:

It's the best he's played in years I feel. I've been hard on him before but he has been their most consistent secondary player this season. It sucks that he gets hurt right at the end of the game with what is possibly another concussion.

Me too, at times I feel like there has to be a better option out there, but there is no denying he has his stretches where he goes off.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelfan51 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

On top of losing their guard, they never seem to get it back. They might score and get ahead, but then it seems like every single time we just let the other team hang around. It's mind boggling. It seems they lack that finisher mentality!

Yep....while I love this team, they are incredibly frustrating for that very reason.

steelfan51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
tenboots wrote:

Thank you!! Lefty will be fine if they cater to his play style and are able to run it to not allow 3rd and long. That's the biggest difference between Big Ben and Leftwich, though that's not to say if Lefty gets rid of it, it'll be a strike. Mundy is a huge liability in pass coverage and run defending.

Eh. We'll see. I like leftwich, as he's been fairly reliable in the past. I think he is pretty much ineffective though at this point. He's a tree back there, he ain't movin, and it's easy to key on the run, when the pass game is a weakness.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelfan51 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
tenboots wrote:

Eh. We'll see. I like leftwich, as he's been fairly reliable in the past. I think he is pretty much ineffective though at this point. He's a tree back there, he ain't movin, and it's easy to key on the run, when the pass game is a weakness.

What do you mean key in on the run?? I'd think that with a young rookie QB or a QB with a noodle arm. If you stack the box and Lefty gets rid of it, he can make you pay if you have 1 on 1 coverage. We just need to not make him dink and dunk it, and need better run-blocking. Also, Mendy probably coming back will help.
steelfan51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
steelfan51 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
tenboots wrote:

What do you mean key in on the run?? I'd think that with a young rookie QB or a QB with a noodle arm. If you stack the box and Lefty gets rid of it, he can make you pay if you have 1 on 1 coverage. We just need to not make him dink and dunk it, and need better run-blocking. Also, Mendy probably coming back will help.

I'm just saying what I think. It's not far fetched to think that a defense would key on a teams run game, when said teams back up QB is playing. It's also not like you can't key the run, while also being wary of the deep ball. If I was a defensive coordinator, my gameplan would be to stop the run and play deep coverage over the top and force leftwich to beat you in the underneath passing game. But hey that's just me
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelfan51 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
steelfan51 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
tenboots wrote:

I'm just saying what I think. It's not far fetched to think that a defense would key on a teams run game, when said teams back up QB is playing. It's also not like you can't key the run, while also being wary of the deep ball. If I was a defensive coordinator, my gameplan would be to stop the run and play deep coverage over the top and force leftwich to beat you in the underneath passing game. But hey that's just me

That's a fair assessment and I like your reasoning. I just don't like generalizing all backup QB's together. Leftwich has a way different playing style than Dixon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: