Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady and the Bunch : Steelers vs. Chiefs GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I want to see the Steelers blow out a team they are suppose to blow out. They have only 1 quality win this year but 3 losses against non-quality teams.

How is Denver a non-quality team???

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Derek Moye to PS Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
Derek Moye to PS , TE McCoy released... just got the text. Wasn't gonna start a new thread just for this. But Moye got any long term potential?

I wanted to get him as a UDFA. Moye was very solid in college, even if unspectacular. Decent addition IMO. More upside to help this team than McCoy, at least.

Interesting if anything, Moye like 43 said, never fascinating but seemed more intriguing after he came back from the injury to play in the Illinois game. He may some ability that can be developed, #3 or #4 at best most likely.

...you have a forum resume?
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Derek Moye to PS Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
Derek Moye to PS , TE McCoy released... just got the text. Wasn't gonna start a new thread just for this. But Moye got any long term potential?

I wanted to get him as a UDFA. Moye was very solid in college, even if unspectacular. Decent addition IMO. More upside to help this team than McCoy, at least.
i agree. I like the move.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to this game. I have to say though I'm worried of a let down for sure.

Steelers should be able to manhandle the chiefs at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The chiefs have some playmakers on D, but I can't get around how they aren't a stronger unit. They have a good Ol, good playmakers on O and Cassel is at least average. i just sont get how they are ao bad. Confused 43 was right in his predictions of the last offseason. I thought they could push for a playoff spot, possibly the division. Boy was I wrong! Embarassed Laughing

Oh well- not my problem.

24-9 steelers

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not worried about a let down with this game, the team seems extremely focused right now and determined to further assert their will. I read some Will Allen quotes regarding the upcoming game:

"Allen is cautious, too. He’s warning teammates to keep their hands up against the talented but mistake-plague Chiefs.

“They have a lot of explosion plays over 20 yards,” he said. “We have to cause some confusion, but we have to tackle, tackle, tackle.”

And I think Haley will really have the Offense focused as well:

“He hasn’t come out and said anything like ‘Let’s go get ’em’ or anything,” quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. “But you always have that feeling (when you go against a former team). … You can see it.”

"Other Steelers players, including Mike Wallace, also can tell this isn’t a normal game week for Haley."

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2905501-85/haley-steelers-chiefs-coach-todd-former-game-offensive-fired-moved#ixzz2BjMQVh6d
C$!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bit worried becasue the entire Tomlin/LeBeau era has been marred by playing down to the competition... but it is a Monday night and the Steelers do play well Monday nights.
I think its comfotable but not a blow out,
31-17

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C$! wrote:
I am a bit worried becasue the entire Tomlin/LeBeau era has been marred by playing down to the competition... but it is a Monday night and the Steelers do play well Monday nights.
31-17

Then you must have missed the Cowher era! LOL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
C$! wrote:
31-17

Well They play well on Monday nights at home to be fair.
And The Steelers are more talented top to bottom now than they every were with Cowher. They HAD to play 'small' ball. These Steelers should be stepping on teams when they have them down and for the most part they dont. We can go at length and at nauseum about why but the fact remains they don't.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C$! wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
C$! wrote:
31-17

Well They play well on Monday nights at home to be fair.
And The Steelers are more talented top to bottom now than they every were with Cowher. They HAD to play 'small' ball. These Steelers should be stepping on teams when they have them down and for the most part they dont. We can go at length and at nauseum about why but the fact remains they don't.

Offensively maybe, but defensively the Steelers during the Cowher Era had way more great players.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Cowher had better defensive teams, I agree 43. Don't forget. Tomlin is still winning with mostly Cowher players from the early and mid 2000's. lets see what happens in the next few years when those guys retire and Tomlin actually has to develop and rebuild a team, not just take over a developed group of players mostly in their primes.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about playing down to opponent/inferior opponent's game. This game is what I see as: a bad team playing great with Jamaal Charles playing, they will rely on running game more. Watch out for that. I see both teams playing in 20's score but with Steelers winning it. How do I come with this; I see them running us down in first half, then when we grab the lead they will start throwing and that's when Cassel's mojo will be shattered.

Cassel should have a game similar to 2008 (when playing for the Patriots) which was a decent game, but got choked in 2nd half. Like somebody (a coaching staff or who, the name that escaped my mind) mentioned that we shouldn't look ahead and focus on a game one at a time. Just play to win, dominate and then leave the game injury-free but don't get sloppy so we'd hold on to the lead. Play to score, to win!

29-21

Redman should have 175 or more rushing yards as Big Ben will have 2 TDs added to his stats, that's my prediction.

Keep this in mind; Chiefs actually have a decent defense, but they lack the ability to stop a team from scoring. for few, they would stop a team 3 downs and out, then the rest they will be tramped, which explains why they are in a middle pack for yardage-wise but ranked 30th in NFL for giving up 30 pts per game.

To win the game we HAVE to get the lead first and FAST; then stretch the lead to a bigger margin.
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Cotchery a viable #3 wr option this week? Obviously here for fantasy purposes, but also interested in the situation regardless.

Props to Kempes on the sig.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs do have a decent defense which is why it boggles my mind that they haven't won a few more games. I really don't know where they are stuffing other than they are still relatively young, inconsistent and Cassell is just average.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immuhguy10 wrote:
Is Cotchery a viable #3 wr option this week? Obviously here for fantasy purposes, but also interested in the situation regardless.
as in having him on your fantasy squad? Who else do you have?

In real life I think he is a good #3 but unless you literally have nothing in terms of wrs on your fantasy roster i wouldn't had him.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Chiefs do have a decent defense which is why it boggles my mind that they haven't won a few more games. I really don't know where they are stuffing other than they are still relatively young, inconsistent and Cassell is just average.

Their defense isnt really decent this year. Its pretty bad.

Their DLineman are mediocre, DJ and Houston are the only LBs worth a damn (Hali looks like crap), and everyone outside of Brandon Flowers has sucked in their secondary, and that includes Eric Berry, who has been terrible.

And Cassell isnt average. He is just plain bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: