Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I want Tyler Wilson
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: I want Tyler Wilson Reply with quote

I think by now that everyone has realized that Sanchez is not the answer at QB. I think it's time to clean house and part ways with Sanchez, Rex, Tanny, etc. The culture we have here just isn't cutting it, the current project of the team has reached its peak, basically we're not going anywhere near the right direction. Woody is impatient and impulsive and I can easily see him being ready to cut the cord on this experiment. Mangini had similar success and was only given a three year leash. Rex is on year four and we have steadily gotten worse. Sanchez is a bust and it's unprecedented in the NFL to keep a regime around for the duration of two franchise QB's.

Enter Tyler Wilson. I don't think we'll be bad enough to have a shot at Geno Smith or Barkley (not to say I want to take another USC QB for a spin) but IMO Wilson is just as good as these two and projects as a very good NFL quarterback. He's smart, mobile, has a good arm, accurate, can throw from multiple platforms, has great pocket presence, is good at extending plays, basically everything that Sanchez is not. His receivers didn't give him much help at Arkansas either. From the limited time that I've seen him play I've noticed his receivers have so many drops.

I'm expecting that we will be picking in the 7-15 range which will give us a good shot at Wilson. Anyone else thinking like I am?

N E W Y O R K J E T S
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't he have good accuracy and is being killed by his team?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Doesn't he have good accuracy and is being killed by his team?

Pretty much. When I see him on film, I see a poor man's Aaron Rodgers.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I really don't want a "Poor Man's" anyone.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i LOVE Tyler Wilson. I have been raving about him for the past 2 months. Big bodied, big arm, accurate, plays in a offense with no too much talent and still puts up big numbers and has all the potential in the world. PLus hes got a very high football IQ. Hes everything Sanchez is not. This guy is the real day. Ignore his numbers this season. Arkansas is going through more adversity than any other team in NCAA football right now.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

Right now we have a poor mans David Carr who were paying like a rich man. I'd take Wilson in a heart beat

skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

So you'd rather I just crown him the next Aaron Rodgers before he plays a snap in the NFL? You misconstrued the term "poor man's." I was just saying that to imply that I see a little bit of A-Rod in his game.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

So you'd rather I just crown him the next Aaron Rodgers before he plays a snap in the NFL? You misconstrued the term "poor man's." I was just saying that to imply that I see a little bit of A-Rod in his game.

I'm just playing. I have to watch him more before I judge him. I loved him last season, I just have to see whats going on this season with him. He does have a strong arm.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Big bodied

FWIW, he is the same size as Sanchez.

I watch a couple of his highlight game videos yesterday and I am not impressed at all. He has no zip on the ball, seems to throw the ball high and just doesn't look like a franchise QB. Watch all of his balls, they all seem to float to the receiver, in the NFL you are going to get your receivers killed.

And Sanchez is a lot more mobile than Wilson is and up until this year had a better pocket presence. First two and a half years Sanchez was pretty damn good when the pocket collapsed and made some moves, he did have 12 rushing TDs his first three years.

I think it would be a poor selection taking up Tyler Wilson, especially in the first. That would be an impulsive move
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is he projected to be drafted as of now?
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Big bodied

I watch a couple of his highlight game videos yesterday and I am not impressed at all. He has no zip on the ball, seems to throw the ball high and just doesn't look like a franchise QB. Watch all of his balls, they all seem to float to the receiver, in the NFL you are going to get your receivers killed.

And Sanchez is a lot more mobile than Wilson is and up until this year had a better pocket presence. First two and a half years Sanchez was pretty damn good when the pocket collapsed and made some moves, he did have 12 rushing TDs his first three years.

I think it would be a poor selection taking up Tyler Wilson, especially in the first. That would be an impulsive move

Pretty much everything you said is false. He definitely has zip on his throws and there's not a chance in hell Sanchez is more mobile.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Big bodied

Pretty much everything you said is false. He definitely has zip on his throws and there's not a chance in hell Sanchez is more mobile.

Ok... Then why isn't he higher on everyone board? If he has zip on the ball and can run it well than why isn't he a consensus #1?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=918Kg5KYW3w&feature=player_detailpage#t=185s

That is one pass that I remember vividly and caused me to turn off his highlight real, he will get our receivers killed throwing like that. I saw a few other like that in two or three other videos. And Sanchez WAS a mobile QB. The only thing that impresses me about Wilson is his ability to stay in the pocket and take a hit.
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another QB I like a lot that we may be able to snag in the mid rounds is Tajh Boyd. What are your guys thoughts on him?

N E W Y O R K J E T S
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Big bodied

Sanchez is 6'2 and barely looks it WIlson is listed as 6'3 and looks 6'5. And hes not the consensus #1 because hes not putting up huge numbers. Plays for a school under turmoil right now. Hes the real deal IMO. Hes smart and he can throw. He can also put up good numbers around no talent, unlike our boy.

Its funny how people will criticize another QBs throwing techniques when its the same people who will make every excuse for Mark Sanchez, not saying thats what your doing teamorange, just in general. I personally respectfully disagree.

ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of Wilson I like Mike Glennon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: