Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How is everyone feeling about Freeman now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
^^do I think he'll go back to playing like he did against Dallas? No. But I didn't think he'd have a year like 2011 after 2010 either. All I'm saying is wait til the end of the year to discuss this.

He's only 24 and I do agree. He seems to be following the same path of Rli Manning in year 3/4. But I need to see him perform in big games against elite teams and how he fairs as well.

He's on a roll right now and i love it. but to me Atlanta is a huge game for him. That is an elite team. I'm hoping freeman continues this play and progresses because then we can exhale and have that elite franchise qb because he has that potential.

Discuss what? An extension? He's 24 years old and he's coming up on the last year of his deal. Oh yeah, and he's playing great too. It's a natural discussion to have. You can have reservations about him, that's fine, but this very discussion is happening at OBP. You better believe that.

It is but I see people on here saying he needs to get into discussions after the season despite there being 8 games.

Look I love that he's playing well right now but you took what I said out of context. If he continues this play no doubt you give him that 15 mil a year extension. But right now he s got 8 games left.

The ravens didn't extend Flacco yet and he's been more established than freeman. Baltimore will extend him but I think they're taking the right approach.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
We don't have to give him one of those beastly quarterback career contracts, so we better be negotiating right now, ongoing.

Agreed.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
^^do I think he'll go back to playing like he did against Dallas? No. But I didn't think he'd have a year like 2011 after 2010 either. All I'm saying is wait til the end of the year to discuss this.

He's only 24 and I do agree. He seems to be following the same path of Rli Manning in year 3/4. But I need to see him perform in big games against elite teams and how he fairs as well.

He's on a roll right now and i love it. but to me Atlanta is a huge game for him. That is an elite team. I'm hoping freeman continues this play and progresses because then we can exhale and have that elite franchise qb because he has that potential.

Discuss what? An extension? He's 24 years old and he's coming up on the last year of his deal. Oh yeah, and he's playing great too. It's a natural discussion to have. You can have reservations about him, that's fine, but this very discussion is happening at OBP. You better believe that.

It is but I see people on here saying he needs to get into discussions after the season despite there being 8 games.

Look I love that he's playing well right now but you took what I said out of context. If he continues this play no doubt you give him that 15 mil a year extension. But right now he s got 8 games left.

The ravens didn't extend Flacco yet and he's been more established than freeman. Baltimore will extend him but I think they're taking the right approach.

What are you arguing exactly? It seems like you agree that it's a natural discussion to have, but you don't want to discuss it because there are 8 games left? No one said anything about a $15 mil/year deal, just an extension.

Bringing up Flacco doesn't help your case either. His camp thinks he's a top-5 QB and Flacco thinks he's the best in the game. That contract negotiation was bound to take a while considering that he isn't worth what he and his camp thinks he is.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRD,

I said 15 mil bc roughly if he continues to play at this level and improve in his short game, he'll deserve that money and usually the price tag of a franchise qb.

But what I say is, I think with 8 games left its too early to have this discussion bc it s a "what if".

But I'm starting to to say yes he will earn that in the offseason if he continues this play. But you have to agree. He played terrible in 2011 after a great 2010 campaign. Still want to see how he plays against elite playoff contenders.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, just like I did at the beginning of the season. I thought that the Dallas game was an anomaly and I was correct.

His last 5 weeks have been impressive, I expect a big game this week again.

Like I said be patient with the young man...time to pay the man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy with how he's playing now.

But to everyone acting like they knew his early play was no big deal, I think you're all full of it TBH. He was playing like hot garbage, and we wouldn't be winning games if he still was, except maybe against the Chiefs. His early play was bench worthy, and if he looked even average we would probably be a 6-2 team instead of 4-4.

But now he's on fire, and looking like he'll have the best season in Bucs QB history. Most of the toughest games are in the rearview mirror, too, so it's shaping up well.
5nick5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm much more confident in Freeman now. I was skeptical after the Cowboys game, but it's obvious that he's figured it out and is starting to look like one of the better QBs in the league.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:

But to everyone acting like they knew his early play was no big deal, I think you're all full of it TBH. He was playing like hot garbage, and we wouldn't be winning games if he still was, except maybe against the Chiefs. His early play was bench worthy, and if he looked even average we would probably be a 6-2 team instead of 4-4.

But now he's on fire, and looking like he'll have the best season in Bucs QB history. Most of the toughest games are in the rearview mirror, too, so it's shaping up well.

Let's define the hot garbage earlier in the year. The Dallas game certainly, he was indecisive, lacking confidence. Did he lose the Giants game? I thought the defensive gameplan was abysmal and Eli shredded them in the 4th quarter.

The Redskins game, where in the first half he was bad. Does the defense get a pass on the lousy tackling on Alfred Morris in the first half. Or some of the stupid penalties in the second half like Foster roughing RGIII in the the end zone? Not to mention the stupid blitz call in the last minute which left the corner wide open for RGIII to run and get into field goal position. Didn't Cundiff miss at least two field goals in that game? I would say the team failed as a whole in that game.

I think we can all agree he played pretty well against the Saints. If I've added correctly he's played poorly in 6 quarters out of a possible 32. I guess I could analyze every throw within every quarter of every game and yes he does miss easy throws and some of his TD passes were really easy tosses off of play action.

However, I will use some input from DRD a couple of weeks back. Basically, with Freeman's natural ability coupled with his very strong work ethic and willingness to be coached, it is very hard to believe that Freeman won't be successful. I agree with that assessment and as I have mentioned earlier I hope he gets a contract extension.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

Let's define the hot garbage earlier in the year. The Dallas game certainly, he was indecisive, lacking confidence. Did he lose the Giants game? I thought the defensive gameplan was abysmal and Eli shredded them in the 4th quarter.

The Redskins game, where in the first half he was bad. Does the defense get a pass on the lousy tackling on Alfred Morris in the first half. Or some of the stupid penalties in the second half like Foster roughing RGIII in the the end zone? Not to mention the stupid blitz call in the last minute which left the corner wide open for RGIII to run and get into field goal position. I would say the team failed as a whole in that game.

I think we can all agree he played pretty well against the Saints.

I don't blame Freeman for the Giants game, but his performance is why we lost to a below average Cowboys team and while he brought us back against the Redskins, his play was a huge reason for the deficit we were in. Don't forget how they went up and down the field on us the whole first half, which is partly the defense's fault, but also the offenses for giving them the ball over and over again. They missed 3 FGs that if made never would have allowed us back into that game.

Both of those games would be wins with the way the team is playing now, and his dreadful 6 quarters cost us 2 games. So let's not trivialize the criticism he got, it was deserved. With those wins we would be a favorite for a playoff wildcard along with the Packers right now.

Don't confuse this for hating on him, Freeman has been my favorite player for years (see the sig). But I can call a spade a spade. Yes the playcalls were awful, yes the offense didn't fit, but he was barely functioning. I called for Orlovsky and I believe that DanO would have outperformed what Freeman was putting out.

That said, Freeman and Sullivan are obviously clicking now. With the offense we have now, we can go toe to toe with any other team on the schedule except maybe Denver, and that's without 2 of the best players on the whole team out there, too. If Freeman's production can be doubled, he'll be a top 10 QB. If he last 4 games can be extrapolated throughout the season, he'll end up as a top QB in the league, and I always thought he could be there, someday.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

The Redskins game, where in the first half he was bad. Does the defense get a pass on the lousy tackling on Alfred Morris in the first half. Or some of the stupid penalties in the second half like Foster roughing RGIII in the the end zone? Not to mention the stupid blitz call in the last minute which left the corner wide open for RGIII to run and get into field goal position. I would say the team failed as a whole in that game.

I think we can all agree he played pretty well against the Saints.

I don't blame Freeman for the Giants game, but his performance is why we lost to a below average Cowboys team and while he brought us back against the Redskins, his play was a huge reason for the deficit we were in. Don't forget how they went up and down the field on us the whole first half, which is partly the defense's fault, but also the offenses for giving them the ball over and over again. They missed 3 FGs that if made never would have allowed us back into that game.

Both of those games would be wins with the way the team is playing now, and his dreadful 6 quarters cost us 2 games. So let's not trivialize the criticism he got, it was deserved. With those wins we would be a favorite for a playoff wildcard along with the Packers right now.

Don't confuse this for hating on him, Freeman has been my favorite player for years (see the sig). But I can call a spade a spade. Yes the playcalls were awful, yes the offense didn't fit, but he was barely functioning. I called for Orlovsky and I believe that DanO would have outperformed what Freeman was putting out.

That said, Freeman and Sullivan are obviously clicking now. With the offense we have now, we can go toe to toe with any other team on the schedule except maybe Denver, and that's without 2 of the best players on the whole team out there, too. If Freeman's production can be doubled, he'll be a top 10 QB. If he last 4 games can be extrapolated throughout the season, he'll end up as a top QB in the league, and I always thought he could be there, someday.

All valid points. My general belief is that most of the pitfalls earlier in the season were a combination of a QB who was still learning a new system and a first time OC getting comfortable with making in-game adjustments.

He'll make more mistakes, no doubt. I just find it highly unlikely he will have another Dallas game.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm encouraged by his improvement over the last 4-5 games or so but I'm not gonna overreact to it either. He still needs to show more consistency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: