Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RANT and let Woody REALLY know how you feel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: RANT and let Woody REALLY know how you feel Reply with quote

Okay, nows your chance to let it all out. Here's your opportunity to Rant to your hearts desire. What the hell is wrong with these Jets and what the hell are you going to do about it Woody? How about giving us an offensive line like we once had? Ground and pound? Yeah, but how much can we take, we've been grounded and pounded, and I thought we would be doing the grounding and pounding! How about a pass rusher? The Fans have known for years this was a need and YOU keep ignoring it!!!! Hey Woody were 29th in THE LEAGUE in pass rushing, DUH, do you think we could finally address this need? Who the hell is in charge is it you? Is Tanny running the show or are you putting your 2 cents in and screwing things up? OR is Tanny fully responsible? Please Woody, don't be the Jerry Jones of the AFC East. Idiots!!!
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to save mine for after the Seahawks game.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hire me for defensive coach assistant, I will turn that defense around.

I can also give some pointers to liven up the offense.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
Hire me for defensive coach assistant, I will turn that defense around.

I can also give some pointers to liven up the offense.

Lets here em

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't just give brilliant ideas away for the taking. Someone gotta PAY ME.

But for example, all that hype with Tebow being a RB and not one fake HB pass play? Or a flea flicker to take a shot down the field?

I remember being a kid and watching Curtis Martin hook up with Wayne Chrebet for a TD. A nice play that would have complemented the hype of Tebow in the backfield, and utilize him as a passer.

Now my defense? That is sacred.

ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
You can't just give brilliant ideas away for the taking. Someone gotta PAY ME.

But for example, all that hype with Tebow being a RB and not one fake HB pass play? Or a flea flicker to take a shot down the field?

I remember being a kid and watching Curtis Martin hook up with Wayne Chrebet for a TD. A nice play that would have complemented the hype of Tebow in the backfield, and utilize him as a passer.

Now my defense? That is sacred.

We honestly just have no offensive minds on this coaching staff. We need an offensive overhaul.

jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying I'm all mighty, but I wish I had an influence with personnel and/or draft decisions. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Neauone: I'm gonna stick my neck out and take boat loads of crap from the fourm for this one.. but here goes>

Woody: You gotta immediately:
1) Bench Sanchez(yes overule the coaches) and start Tebow..hold on everyone..Just let Tim go for it for 8 games.. let's see what he's got.. if he really craps the bed after 3 or 4 games then put McElroy in..On the other hand, he might just surprise everyone.. either way Mark,, he's a goner, eat the $20 million,, he's gone.. period the end
2) Have a meeting with Tanny and Rex.. be honest, tell them they are out of here after this season. Tell them their best shot is to still try and do their best so that they have some kind of 2nd half/2012 season legacy for their future resumes..but make it clear to both of them, you've made your decision and they are goners after 2012.. if either balks, fire 'em on the spot and muddle through 2012 as best you can..what's key is that you've made an irrevocable decision.
3) Despite your personally having previously frigged up an inital interview with Cowher a few years back, approach him as well as Gruden for the coach job for 2013. Either one is fine. We need a first rate coach.
4) Hire your best available candidate for GM, but that individual needs to understand that the choice of coach (Gruden or Cowher) is a done deal. If the GM candidate doesnt like that, tough, move on to another GM candidate.
5) Do a most unusual thing, set up a meeting to speak to the players without coaches present. Explain your commitment to the team becoming a winning entity. Tell them you are commited to turning the team around at senior management levels (GM, head coach, etc) but that you also expect players to pull their weight in righting the ship. Give them an 'open door' opportunity to come and talk with you personally and give you their thoughts and input. Yeah I know that isn't done in the highly structured NFL, isn't the normal template, owners are supposed to be at arm's length, let the coaches coach,etc blah blah but this is a serious situation that requires out of the box thinking and a little special initiative on Woody's part is called for.
6) Tell whoever is your new GM and coach that they have free hand to clean house of underperforming veterans.. start fresh Woody, look at Indy..have the gonads to start fresh. Nuff said.

Ok guys, start throwing the mud!
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHarvey wrote:
OK Neauone: I'm gonna stick my neck out and take boat loads of crap from the fourm for this one.. but here goes>

1) Bench Sanchez(yes overule the coaches) and start Tebow..hold on everyone..Just let Tim go for it for 8 games.. let's see what he's got.. if he really craps the bed after 3 or 4 games then put McElroy in..On the other hand, he might just surprise everyone.. either way Mark,, he's a goner, eat the $20 million,, he's gone.. period the end
2) Have a meeting with Tanny and Rex.. be honest, tell them they are out of here after this season. Tell them their best shot is to still try and do their best so that they have some kind of 2nd half/2012 season legacy for their future resumes..but make it clear to both of them, you've made your decision and they are goners after 2012.. if either balks, fire 'em on the spot and muddle through 2012 as best you can..what's key is that you've made an irrevocable decision.
3) Despite your personally having previously frigged up an inital interview with Cowher a few years back, approach him as well as Gruden for the coach job for 2013. Either one is fine. We need a first rate coach.
4) Hire your best available candidate for GM, but that individual needs to understand that the choice of coach (Gruden or Cowher) is a done deal. If the GM candidate doesnt like that, tough, move on to another GM candidate.
5) Do a most unusual thing, set up a meeting to speak to the players without coaches present. Explain your commitment to the team becoming a winning entity. Tell them you are commited to turning the team around at senior management levels (GM, head coach, etc) but that you also expect players to pull their weight in righting the ship. Give them an 'open door' opportunity to come and talk with you personally and give you their thoughts and input. Yeah I know that isn't done in the highly structured NFL, isn't the normal template, owners are supposed to be at arm's length, let the coaches coach,etc blah blah but this is a serious situation that requires out of the box thinking and a little special initiative on Woody's part is called for.
6) Tell whoever is your new GM and coach that they have free hand to clean house of underperforming veterans.. start fresh Woody, look at Indy..have the gonads to start fresh. Nuff said.

Ok guys, start throwing the mud!

DHarvey, you dont post often, but when you do its certainly worth reading. I would love all of this except Gruden. Although I guess he could grow on me. Hes just annoyed me so much on MNF that I can't stand him anymore, but when hes coaching I guess thats different. The problem is, Woody wont do any of this. Except maybe bench Sanchez. Woody is a truly terrible owner who has his head up his [inappropriate/removed] and in all the wrong places. He wont tell his players hes committed to winning because hes not. He couldn't even help get Romney Elected (smh, but thats another topic). The guy is in this to create headlines and doesn't care about what the product is on the field. Hes quickly becoming as big of a clown as James Dolan and the Wilpons. I fear its only going to get worse before it ever gets better d'oh!

Malik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negative on benching Sanchez. If Tebow STILL hasn't been good enough to usurp him in practice with how terrible Sanchez has been playing the majority of the season I question all of his talent and work ethic. If Tebow really wanted to be the starter, he would of already earned it by now if he was putting in the work for it rather than waiting for it to be gifted for him.
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHarvey wrote:

1) BenchSanchez

That's what I said. Hire me.

Wait, did I read that wrong?

Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could tell Woody one thing, it'd be this:

Owners buy teams because they have money.

GMs and coaches are hired because they know the game of football.

Let the people who's job it is to know the game of football make the decisions.
DHarvey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the comments Ekill08x...

and now having watched that pathetic performance by Sanchez and the entie offensive unit, may I repeat step # one--namely Bench Sanchez.

As for those who think tebow hasn't 'earned' the starting spot, my guess is he never has been given the opportunity in practice to 'earn' the spot. Rather, from training camp on his role has been gadget plays. so that's what he gets to practice. But I'm also sure there is some semblance of a set of QB plays he has been exposed to just as McElroy has been exposed to. (I know, I know, never end a sentence with a preposition or whatever).

Allow me to sum up the 2012 Jets with just two words:

"Rampaging mediocrity".

Don't we fans deserve better Woody?
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHarvey wrote:
Appreciate the comments Ekill08x...

and now having watched that pathetic performance by Sanchez and the entie offensive unit, may I repeat step # one--namely Bench Sanchez.

As for those who think tebow hasn't 'earned' the starting spot, my guess is he never has been given the opportunity in practice to 'earn' the spot. Rather, from training camp on his role has been gadget plays. so that's what he gets to practice. But I'm also sure there is some semblance of a set of QB plays he has been exposed to just as McElroy has been exposed to. (I know, I know, never end a sentence with a preposition or whatever).

Allow me to sum up the 2012 Jets with just two words:

"Rampaging mediocrity".

Don't we fans deserve better Woody?

He's on the roster. He has plenty of opportunity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: