Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bud vows to make changes if losses continue.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brit_Titan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Bud vows to make changes if losses continue. Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000090326/article/owner-bud-adams-fumes-after-tennessee-titans-loss

Quote:
"At this time, all aspects of the organization will be closely evaluated, including front office, coaches and players over the next seven games. If performance and competitiveness does not improve, I will look at all alternatives to get back to having the Titans become a playoff and championship football team."

Well I suppose that's what we all wanted to hear. After that shocking performance hopefully this can kick start some competitiveness in the team. It was the first game in 3 seasons I turned off.

Hopefully we can get through to the end of the season without embarrassing ourselves further. Like I saw mentioned elsewhere, Sean Payton's contract is up at the end of the season. Would anybody be interested in this possibility?

Made by me.

My Gallery
-Munch-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am upset with how we are playing and what we are doing, he said. I just cant be flying up there to see that happen.

I feel so bad for poor Bud. He's gotta take his private jet up to LP Field to sit in the owners box 8 TIMES A YEAR. Geeze rough life Bud, I'm with ya.

It is kind of interesting that he said EVERYONE is on the hot seat. Coaches and players. A good thing I think we'll get cleaned out a bit this offseason but I think Munch will keep his job. Sort of a last chance thing maybe to turn things around, because 1 1/2 seasons is not long enough.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Munch read between the lines Munch is gone Sorry.
Bud time on this earth isn't long. The guy has 0 patience like in years past.
Think for a second. Remember how he made the franchise throw the whole kitchen at Peyton Manning. This is Music City to my ears
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of depressing cause this thing could get ugly reallly quick. We could clean house and be a bottom feeder for some time.

We have a lot of young guys and if we lose out on this crop of players we are back to the drawing board.
We must develop these guys we have. The Ayers, Brown, Casey...etc....those guys must become our Bulluck's of today.
If not we will be stuck in "rebuild" mode for years to come.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
It's kind of depressing cause this thing could get ugly reallly quick. We could clean house and be a bottom feeder for some time.

We have a lot of young guys and if we lose out on this crop of players we are back to the drawing board.
We must develop these guys we have. The Ayers, Brown, Casey...etc....those guys must become our Bulluck's of today.

Those young guys are the ones showing the effort. Guys like Griff, our OL, CJ (though not as of late), Britt, DWill, etc are the ones at risk of losing their jobs. This coaching staff is completely inept so I'd like to see them blow that up and try again. We have the talent to contend at most positions but for some reason we don't perform and that is 100% on the coaching staff. I like how he called out Ruston Webster too. I don't know how you ignore our dismal OL play and just assume it will fix itself instead of drafting someone, even in a late round, to push the current starters.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, we are the Raiders. Now we are just waiting for our own Al Davis to die. I realize how messed up that is.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're far from the Raiders. Al ran the whole show. He never allowed anyone other than him be the GM & make all decisions. Bud always stayed behind the scenes & trust the organization,but This man is determine to not only win a superbowl before he die,but to give us the fans the best product on the field.. Bud is Far far from Al davis
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys think Ruston Webster should be kept around or no?

Ockham wrote:
Yeah. We wouldn't want a power run blocker. We prefer the ole' let CJ get hit in the backfeild type run blocker. My bad.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Do you guys think Ruston Webster should be kept around or no?

I honestly don't know. On one hand, this is his first year and our 2012 draft class looks pretty good.

However, besides getting Steve Hutchinson, we didn't address our o-line at all. He also gave out that putrid contract to Michael Griffin while letting Finnegan walk.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
We're far from the Raiders. Al ran the whole show. He never allowed anyone other than him be the GM & make all decisions. Bud always stayed behind the scenes & trust the organization,but This man is determine to not only win a superbowl before he die,but to give us the fans the best product on the field.. Bud is Far far from Al davis

Al Davis actually won a Super Bowl. You may think that Adams does not meddle... and he may not the way Davis did or Jones does... but he does enough to keep everyone off balance. He's instilled a culture of fear into the organization... and always interjects at the seemingly worst times. His fingerprints are painfully visible on every bad move the team has made.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Those young guys are the ones showing the effort. Guys like Griff, our OL, CJ (though not as of late), Britt, DWill, etc are the ones at risk of losing their jobs. This coaching staff is completely inept so I'd like to see them blow that up and try again. We have the talent to contend at most positions but for some reason we don't perform and that is 100% on the coaching staff. I like how he called out Ruston Webster too. I don't know how you ignore our dismal OL play and just assume it will fix itself instead of drafting someone, even in a late round, to push the current starters.

I see no way Britt is let go unless he gets in more criminal trouble. He's coming off his first year after a torn ACL. He is going to struggle.
CJ has been doing really well lately, he isn't going anywhere.

I think Ruston will probably get the boot at the end of the season if we don't turn this thing around. I don't believe it's Ruston's fault though. The reason we only brought Hutch in is because Bud handcuffed the team with the Manning sweepstakes. They've drafted some pretty good players as of late, but the players aren't getting better/performing at they should and that falls on the coaches.

As this point I would keep Bush, Loggains, Millard, Palmer and maybe Munch.

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
-Munch-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

I see no way Britt is let go unless he gets in more criminal trouble. He's coming off his first year after a torn ACL. He is going to struggle.

I think Ruston will probably get the boot at the end of the season if we don't turn this thing around. I don't believe it's Ruston's fault though. The reason we only brought Hutch in is because Bud handcuffed the team with the Manning sweepstakes. They've drafted some pretty good players as of late, but the players aren't getting better/performing at they should and that falls on the coaches.

This is some kind of joke?
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. He won't put his money where his mouth is in the FO, so doesn't really matter if we fire people because we aren't going to hire the right people anyways.

And maybe Bud should take a look in the mirror as he disrupted our offseason by getting us absorbed into the PM sweepstakes which took our attention away from other targets, most notably C, but who knows what else we had plans to do.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

I think we should keep Palmer as well. The continuity for Jake of having the same OC is a big deal. We are just at a point where we have invested the time learning his offense, but Hass can't make the throws to run it at this point in his career. I think if Jake doesn't get hurt, we are in a very different posistion offensively. On the plus side, with Jake being out, it seems that we have figured something out in the running game at least. Perhaps Palmer is learning how to better utilize him.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

I think we should keep Palmer as well. The continuity for Jake of having the same OC is a big deal. We are just at a point where we have invested the time learning his offense, but Hass can't make the throws to run it at this point in his career. I think if Jake doesn't get hurt, we are in a very different posistion offensively. On the plus side, with Jake being out, it seems that we have figured something out in the running game at least. Perhaps Palmer is learning how to better utilize him.

My thoughts exactly TwoToneBlue. Locker needs to be in an offense he can thrive in. He already knows Palmers O. You can't evaluate the kid next year if he's learning a brand new offense.

Our offense would look a LOT better with Locker, imo. Hard to run a "run n' shoot" offense when you have a QB that can't get the ball down the field. We've transformed into more of a WC offense with Hass under center. That wasn't Palmer's game plan coming in.

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: