Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
Here's a nice statistics article regarding this years WR's. Speaks on how overrated Keenan Allen is and why Patterson is regarded as highly as he is despite limited production. Couple of highlights:
Quote:
63.3% of Allenís passes were caught within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Only 3.33% of his passes were past 20 yards. A low for all WRs I looked at. This may not be a bad thing if his yards after the catch are good.

Quote:
Allenís numbers are not so superb. On average he caught the ball 4.57 yards from the LOS. This is 3 yards lower than the next wide receiver (Quinton Patton). Plus his yards after the catch is simply average.

Quote:
First off, Tyler Bray was just bad in terms of missing his wide receivers. However, Patterson was also targeted far less than a normal number 1. Had he been targeted at the same rate, he would have gained 549 yards, for a season total of 1327 yards. There were certainly be no questions about his production with those numbers.

Quote:
Surprisingly,†Hopkins was a major deep threat. This surprised me because I thought of Hopkins as a guy who ran a lot of curls and mid-range outside routes. We see that 70% of his catches were past 6 yards. The highest in the major WRs for this class, excepting Terrance Williams.

Quote:
today I found out Justin Hunter drops ~10% of his passes
Sad
http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/2/4/3952124/a-metrics-breakdown-of-patterson-allen-hopkins-and-bailey

So how does any of this show Allen is overrated?...
Jonezy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@nfldraftscout: Filed a final Cordarrelle Patterson comparison video tonight. Top 7 player. Julio Jones ceiling.

-Matt Miller

I have always followed Matt, great at what he does, after all it's his full time job lol

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Emcee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Quote:
@nfldraftscout: Filed a final Cordarrelle Patterson comparison video tonight. Top 7 player. Julio Jones ceiling.

-Matt Miller

I have always followed Matt, great at what he does, after all it's his full time job lol

At first I thought that said "-Matt Millen," and that made total sense. Laughing
chris00cm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes right. Cordarrelle wont make it out of the top 10 unfortunately. Id love to have him here.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Hes right. Cordarrelle wont make it out of the top 10 unfortunately. Id love to have him here.
Seriously? No, CP is not Julio, he isnt the physical specimen, and he doesnt deserve to be anywhere near the Top 10. Im not even sure he is a lock for the first round.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won't get to us. That's for sure, first WR gone this years. No doubt. Unless someone has a crazy combine

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
Jonezy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock said his "jaw dropped" after studying Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson on tape.
"The one kid I'm really interested in seeing run (at the Combine) is the Patterson kid from Tennessee," said Mayock. "You heard me say earlier I haven't seen any really explosive difference makers (in this draft); This kid's only played one year of Division-I football. And I put the tape on, my jaw dropped. And he's big. ... He's 6-foot-3, 200-plus pounds, and he flies. And he makes people miss all over the field. All I know is his ceiling could be really exciting because he's so darn raw. And I can't wait to see him run."

Mike Mayock

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be happy if someone reaches for CP. I appreciate what he offers, but not as a top 10.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock said his "jaw dropped" after studying Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson on tape.
"The one kid I'm really interested in seeing run (at the Combine) is the Patterson kid from Tennessee," said Mayock. "You heard me say earlier I haven't seen any really explosive difference makers (in this draft); This kid's only played one year of Division-I football. And I put the tape on, my jaw dropped. And he's big. ... He's 6-foot-3, 200-plus pounds, and he flies. And he makes people miss all over the field. All I know is his ceiling could be really exciting because he's so darn raw. And I can't wait to see him run."

Mike Mayock

Tell Mayock to turn on a Tavon Austin tape and get his head out of his butt if he thinks there are no explosive difference makers.

As talented as Patterson is, the guy didn't do that much as a WR against SEC competition.

EDIT: And I like Patterson, would love to have him in Horns...just think his hype train is getting out of control.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Last edited by jrry32 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
stlblackshirt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Quote:

Mike Mayock

Patterson has potential but the love he's getting proves that while this draft is deep at WR, there is no legit top-10 WR prospect. People are trying to talk themselves into something.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlblackshirt wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
Quote:

Mike Mayock

Patterson has potential but the love he's getting proves that while this draft is deep at WR, there is no legit top-10 WR prospect. People are trying to talk themselves into something.

He has the physical attributes it is whether or not he can be developed, someone is going to fall in love with him after the combine in my opinion.

This guy has the potential to a dynamic playmaker and that is why he probably go higher than people expect.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly convinced that Patterson will end up being the first WR taken, and I'm good with that as it will open up the possibility that Allen is there for us at our picks.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I'm fairly convinced that Patterson will end up being the first WR taken, and I'm good with that as it will open up the possibility that Allen is there for us at our picks.

Depending on how the combine goes, Allen could very well be the 3rd guy taken which is fine with me.
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are there so many Julio Jones/AJ Green comparisons with Cordarrelle Patterson? They play nothing alike.

My NFL Draft Thread
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
Why are there so many Julio Jones/AJ Green comparisons with Cordarrelle Patterson? They play nothing alike.

It's purely the athletic ability in terms of the Julio Jones comparison, because like you said their games aren't really comparable...

Never seen the AJ Green one though...

IDOG_det on the sig...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 58 of 136

Jump to: