Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Turner was brought in as a backup Center, and he was going to be the RG because Rok wasnt ready, not any other reason.

That's a theory but it's not provable either way. Why not sign more of a mauler if that's what they wanted?

Quote:
Im not close minded at all, Im just going off of their histories and the clear style we are trying to play with, and just completely ignoring skill set/schematic philosophy compatibility is a major mistake.

You're not going off of history. You're going off of what you believe to be the truth. And my belief on what is the truth differs. If you want history, here are the starting LGs during Fisher's time in Tennessee:
Bruce Matthews - 6'5" 305
Zach Piller - 6'5" 315
Jacob Bell - 6'5" 300
Eugene Amano - 6'3" 300
Leroy Harris - 6'2" 300

In fact, if I see anything here, it's that Fisher typically had a player starting at LG that had the versatility to play Center and was not considered a mauler. Looking at that, it seems like Barrett Jones might make the most sense based on history.

So lets not act like there's a set template for what the skill-set and scheme fit is or that your idea of it is the only possibly correct one.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can it work and is it what the ideal guy for the job arent the same thing. Fisher has always gotten his best players out there (who he perceives them to be) regardless if they are the ones who were "supposed to be out there. And after we took Jacob Bell, he was constantly searching for a new LG.
Emcee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Rok Watkins, is he expected to start at Guard this year? Do you guys think he'll be ready?
yrba1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emcee wrote:
Speaking of Rok Watkins, is he expected to start at Guard this year? Do you guys think he'll be ready?

Depends on the injury, since it's an ankle one, he should be good to go in the 2013 season.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emcee wrote:

Lord I hope so
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How good is Kevin Minter? He's becoming one of my favorite players in this draft.
stlblackshirt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
How good is Kevin Minter? He's becoming one of my favorite players in this draft.

Underrated even as a late 1st rounder. I think he's better than Manti Te'o and Alec Ogletree (more consistent).
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Turner was brought in as a backup Center, and he was going to be the RG because Rok wasnt ready, not any other reason.

That's a theory but it's not provable either way. Why not sign more of a mauler if that's what they wanted?

Quote:
Im not close minded at all, Im just going off of their histories and the clear style we are trying to play with, and just completely ignoring skill set/schematic philosophy compatibility is a major mistake.

You're not going off of history. You're going off of what you believe to be the truth. And my belief on what is the truth differs. If you want history, here are the starting LGs during Fisher's time in Tennessee:
Zach Piller - 6'5" 315
Jacob Bell - 6'5" 300
Eugene Amano - 6'3" 300
Leroy Harris - 6'2" 300

In fact, if I see anything here, it's that Fisher typically had a player starting at LG that had the versatility to play Center and was not considered a mauler. Looking at that, it seems like Barrett Jones might make the most sense based on history.

So lets not act like there's a set template for what the skill-set and scheme fit is or that your idea of it is the only possibly correct one.

Let's also try and appreciate for a moment that Jeff Fisher has likely grown/evolved in his ability to build a winning football team. I feel like his "conservative" approach of the past is too often and too easily projected onto this Rams team.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that using his past decisions to try and gauge what he may or may not do this year is a fool's errand. Sorry to interrupt the conversation, but I've needed a place to rant about this and it seemed convenient.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

Quote:

Zach Piller - 6'5" 315
Jacob Bell - 6'5" 300
Eugene Amano - 6'3" 300
Leroy Harris - 6'2" 300

Let's also try and appreciate for a moment that Jeff Fisher has likely grown/evolved in his ability to build a winning football team. I feel like his "conservative" approach of the past is too often and too easily projected onto this Rams team.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that using his past decisions to try and gauge what he may or may not do this year is a fool's errand. Sorry to interrupt the conversation, but I've needed a place to rant about this and it seemed convenient.

I agree with this. We passed far more last year than ran and that was with a mediocre receiving corps. I don't think Fisher is so married to conservatism he'll let the NFL pass him by now that it's a passing league.

You have to think that's he's never had the type of elite offensive playmakers to have a Pats/GB/Atl type passing game.
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

ok, no mauler. what about kyle long?
or quessenberry?
Jonezy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I am loving Vacarro. Watching video non stop of him and he has struggled in some pass a little bit, but can he ever hit and he is always around the damn football

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Man, I am loving Vacarro. Watching video non stop of him and he has struggled in some pass a little bit, but can he ever hit and he is always around the damn football

I feel the same way about Elam, though I don't share the same thoughts for Vacarro. He just takes too many bad angles and misses too many tackles in what I've watched of him. Really wish I loved him though.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I believe a few posters have pointed out, this class is incredibly deep at the WR position. There is a legitimate chance that at least one of these guys will be available with our 2nd round selection. Out of the following list, who do you see falling into our lap. Give some reason why.

Keenan Allen
Justin Hunter
Robert Woods
Cordarrelle Patterson
DeAndre Hopkins
Tavon Austin
Terrence Williams
Markus Wheaton
Da'Rick Rogers
Aaron Dobson

I think there is a chance that Austin and/or Da-Rick Rogers will be available there. The former, because of he isn't the prototypical outside the numbers WR, and the latter because he has character issues.

Edit:The more I watch Justin Hunter, the more I want him in Blue and Gold.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
As I believe a few posters have pointed out, this class is incredibly deep at the WR position. There is a legitimate chance that at least one of these guys will be available with our 2nd round selection. Out of the following list, who do you see falling into our lap. Give some reason why.

Keenan Allen
Justin Hunter
Robert Woods
Cordarrelle Patterson
DeAndre Hopkins
Tavon Austin
Terrence Williams
Markus Wheaton
Da'Rick Rogers
Aaron Dobson

I think there is a chance that Austin and/or Da-Rick Rogers will be available there. The former, because of he isn't the prototypical outside the numbers WR, and the latter because he has character issues.

Edit:The more I watch Justin Hunter, the more I want him in Blue and Gold.

The bolded ones are those that I think have the best shot being there with our second. Quite honestly, I could see nearly all of them having a chance to be there with our second. All GM's are aware of how deep the class is, so reaching on one in the first might be much easier to pass up this year.

I think I'm going to do an indepth WR post and get into it more.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of you are way to high on Terrance Williams. I'd take 4 or 5 Receivers over him. I think he makes it to our 2nd rounder.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 55 of 136

Jump to: