Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

I didn't mean to imply that we should avoid Lane based on the similarities to Jason Smith, just wanted to point it out.

I don't see how Watt and Carriker were similar prospects. No one was even sure whether Carriker would play DT or DE. I don't remember that being the case with Watt, but I could be wrong.

That's because a 3-4 team drafted Watt. If a 3-4 team drafted Carriker, there'd be no questions. In the 4-3, though, Watt is a UT/DE tweener.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Kyle Long OL Oregon - Here is the guy I think Im really drawn too. He has everything we want in our lineman; massive size, powerful, athletic, extremely versatile, and a ton of untapped potential. He could be LG, RG or RT for us right away, and with everything you see he could grow into an NFL LT.

I want to get this straight, Lane Johnson cannot play RT effectively but you think Kyle Long is going to have no issues?

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Kyle Long OL Oregon - Here is the guy I think Im really drawn too. He has everything we want in our lineman; massive size, powerful, athletic, extremely versatile, and a ton of untapped potential. He could be LG, RG or RT for us right away, and with everything you see he could grow into an NFL LT.

I want to get this straight, Lane Johnson cannot play RT effectively but you think Kyle Long is going to have no issues?

It would be an interesting transition for either but Long would struggle more no doubt. I think Long is muchh better suited for Gaurd.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
Seems like 98% of mock drafts now have us selecting Vacarro at #16. Just a blah pick to me.
Its a completely awful pick to me.

I find it funny seeing how many people actually think Warmack will be going Top 10. If any guard is worth it, yea its Chance, but they just dont get taken that high. Im not saying he is a lock to get to #16 for us, but people who have him going at like #7 to Arizona are just absurd, even #10 to Tennessee doesnt make sense.

In a draft lacking elite talent, Warmack does stand out as an elite prospect. Someone will go for him much earlier then expected due to it being a safe pick of a Pro Bowl quality player. I'd like it if he dropped to us, but I find it very unlikely. Starting to even think Johnson could go before us to a LT needy team.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much affect do you guys see Ryan having on our draft strategy?

It is always mentioned that his brother likes a certain type of player; does Rob have anything he is looking for with players on his defense? Is he going to utilize the nickel with Tru, J.Jenk, and Cortland out there or is he going to want to run more of a 43 base defense?
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
Seems like 98% of mock drafts now have us selecting Vacarro at #16. Just a blah pick to me.

I find it funny seeing how many people actually think Warmack will be going Top 10. If any guard is worth it, yea its Chance, but they just dont get taken that high. Im not saying he is a lock to get to #16 for us, but people who have him going at like #7 to Arizona are just absurd, even #10 to Tennessee doesnt make sense.

In a draft lacking elite talent, Warmack does stand out as an elite prospect. Someone will go for him much earlier then expected due to it being a safe pick of a Pro Bowl quality player. I'd like it if he dropped to us, but I find it very unlikely. Starting to even think Johnson could go before us to a LT needy team.

I'm not sure about this. Many people felt the same way about DeCastro last year(he was mocked in the top ten by quite a few people) and he fell all the way to 24.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

I'm not sure about this. Many people felt the same way about DeCastro last year(he was mocked in the top ten by quite a few people) and he fell all the way to 24.

Well, for our sake I hope that is correct. I do, however, firmly believe he will be gone before we pick.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Halradio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting point about the potential effect Rob Ryan can have on this draft because the Rams are lacking the personnel to run a true 3-4 D - particualrly on the inside.

That being said it is as assumption (albiet a reasonable one) that the Rams D will change to the 3-4 on at least part time basis.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:
Interesting point about the potential effect Rob Ryan can have on this draft because the Rams are lacking the personnel to run a true 3-4 D - particualrly on the inside.

That being said it is as assumption (albiet a reasonable one) that the Rams D will change to the 3-4 on at least part time basis.

I disagree. I don't think it's a very reasonable assumption. Jeff Fisher has never run the 4-3 and actually took the Rams out of the 3-4 about 2 decades ago when he was our DC. I think the chances that we run the 3-4 as a base are slim to none.

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

Yes, I absolutely think Long is a better RT prospect than Lane, but I never said he wouldnt have any issues. Long's pure functional strength is much better than Johnson's, and if you cant see thant then you have blinded yourself so much by Lane that we need not to continue any of these conversations.

Its also an attitude then, Johnson is not soft by any means at all, but he is a try-hard/technical run blocker, where as Long has a Nastiness and attitude to his play.
Halradio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have clarified my earlier post better - I don't think the Rams are going to go to a base 3-4. We simply do not have the bodies for it and with holes at o-line, safety, and potential ones at RB and WR they simply don't have the luxury to make a wholesale change to the defense.

However, the fact they hired a DC whose expertise is in the 3-4 does certainly raise the possiblity of at least a part time/situational 3-4 look.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Long was asked in an interview the other day if him and Chris ever go one-on-one....he said no Shocked! I hope for Kyles sake Chris will help him out a bit, heck even the old man. Kyle has great utilities around him. But I think Johnson is a better RT IMO. Long could be as well, don't get me wrong.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Kawaan Short DT from Purdue be a 1st round pick? Love to get him with a 2nd if possible. Dont think I would use a 1st on DT this draft.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
Will Kawaan Short DT from Purdue be a 1st round pick? Love to get him with a 2nd if possible. Dont think I would use a 1st on DT this draft.

I would think it likely that he goes in the 1st or top of the 2nd. He had a very nice Senior Bowl week.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
wiscsports28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your guys's thoughts on Coradelle Patterson? Where do you guys see him going in the draft?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 52 of 136

Jump to: