Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iRaMs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Phillip Thomas please.

Agreed, best safety in the draft IMO. I've been on his bandwagon since my 1st mock back in late October...

Personally I think it DJ Swearinger.

Personally, I agree. Wink

NICE! Cool

Hey how much you know about Anthony Amos? He really stood out to me during the East West Shrine Game.

Christine Michael is quickly becoming one of my favorite players in this draft. Would love to grab him in the later rounds.

jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Phillip Thomas please.

Agreed, best safety in the draft IMO. I've been on his bandwagon since my 1st mock back in late October...

Personally I think it DJ Swearinger.

Personally, I agree. Wink

NICE! Cool

Hey how much you know about Anthony Amos? He really stood out to me during the East West Shrine Game.

Christine Michael is quickly becoming one of my favorite players in this draft. Would love to grab him in the later rounds.

Nothing at all about Amos.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
81_80_39_28_10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with the Phillip Thomas love....

Thanks Lionsmack for the sig!
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking a lot more at all the safeties and I see a lot of similarities between Matt Elam and Earl Thomas. Contradictory to my own first impression-- Elam is more than just an in the box safety, dude is a baller. Needs to sure up his tackling though.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Looking a lot more at all the safeties and I see a lot of similarities between Matt Elam and Earl Thomas. Contradictory to my own first impression-- Elam is more than just an in the box safety, dude is a baller. Needs to sure up his tackling though.

Agreed. I'm still trying to wonder why people are not talking about him to us in the 1st. Looks like an impact baller whenever I put on Florida games.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Thomas reported that Rams showed interest and talked with Commings and Rambo, both from Georgia.
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with pretty much any of the top safety's BESIDES Vaccarro

^El Ramster^
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

And yet...

Quote:
Steve Muench‏@MuenchESPN

Texas DS Kenny Vaccaro is scary good on tape. Can lock down slot receivers, play the ball and step up in run support. #impressive

Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

I don't understand all the Vaccaro hate on here. I would have no problem taking him at 16 if Warmack is gone.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

I don't understand all the Vaccaro hate on here. I would have no problem taking him at 16 if Warmack is gone.

To make it simple as possible... Go to youtube and search for Vaccaro and watch the first 20 seconds of "Kenny Vaccaro vs Oklahoma st 2012" and you will see him completely miss on 2 fairly typical tackles. He is overhyped because of his speed and his limited splash plays.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

To make it simple as possible... Go to youtube and search for Vaccaro and watch the first 20 seconds of "Kenny Vaccaro vs Oklahoma st 2012" and you will see him completely miss on 2 fairly typical tackles. He is overhyped because of his speed and his limited splash plays.

So should we eliminate every player cause they make 2 bad plays Rolling Eyes

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
jjab360

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

So... 2 plays wipes out an entire career of solid tackling? If you really wanna make that argument then I guess Tony Jefferson is a bum considering how Tavon Austin flat out embarrassed him over and over and over again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you rationally look at what i said was "to make it simple" instead of doing what some of us do on here which is watch hours of footage on all the prospects which I assume you dont want to do.

Those two plays dont define him completely but its a good representation of what the "hate" is all about. He makes some plays but lacks any type of consistency. He goes for the highlight hit/plays (when the play comes his way" and often times misses. Furthermore, the part that really bothers me is that he takes the play off when it doesnt come his way. Oh yeah he also isnt participating in the senior bowl so he obviously is either lazy or is overly confident that he is by far the best safety in the draft which is wrong. Or he could be both lazy AND overly confident which wouldnt surprise me one bit by the way you watch him play.
jjab360

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
He goes for the highlight hit/plays (when the play comes his way" and often times misses.

I honestly feel like you're just mimicking certain other posters on this board when you're saying this because I've yet to see it for myself.

I've seen guys that would rather go for the knockout blow than wrap up (Jenks would be the perfect example of this) and Vaccaro is not that type of player.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
He goes for the highlight hit/plays (when the play comes his way" and often times misses.

I honestly feel like you're just mimicking certain other posters on this board when you're saying this because I've yet to see it for myself.

I've seen guys that would rather go for the knockout blow than wrap up (Jenks would be the perfect example of this) and Vaccaro is not that type of player.

If I am mimicking anyone its myself, because I have been saying this since the start-- you can go back and look for yourself.

All of my opinions come from my own film study and knowledge/experience playing and coaching the game, and no I'm not talking peewee or high school football. I'm talking college.

Back to Vaccaro-- He has the attributes of being a playmaker, and if thats what you are looking for and feel that you can groom him out of his lazy ways then its great. However, if you look for consistency which I do then he is not your guy. It could very well be that Fisher values his potential higher than his weaknesses, but as I have said about a lot of other prospects at other positions... I hate ranking prospects primarily based on that "high ceiling" potential.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 46 of 136

Jump to: