Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5969
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just could not see wanting Allen over Williams myself.
_________________
WELCOME TO THE RAMS:
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47578
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I just could not see wanting Allen over Williams myself.


Well, TW is better. Laughing
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamsFan24


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 455
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
Watching some footage on Keenan Allen I like his ball skills but man, his explosiveness is non existent , anyone else agree?


Completely disagree, his short area quickness is great. He's also a very good route runner already and is quick in/out of his breaks...

The only real knock I see is his straight-line speed. He isn't gonna blow by CB's on a fly pattern...


I watched Allen and Patterson one after the other and I thought Allen looked like a slug lol


I think Patterson is getting badly overrated. And Allen is much better than some make him seem to be.


Totally agree, Allen is the best receiver in this Draft, with some nice ones like Terrance Williams right behind him.
_________________
DIE HARD RAMS FAN

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jjab360


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 4120
Location: On Top
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
Watching some footage on Keenan Allen I like his ball skills but man, his explosiveness is non existent , anyone else agree?

I hear ya, man. I feel like if I took enough time I could talk myself into thinking that he could be good like I did with Austin Pettis and Greg Salas after we drafted them. At first glance, though, there is almost nothing there that makes me think he'd be worth a first round draft pick, especially not after watching guys like Terrance Williams, Deandre Hopkins, Justin Hunter, and Da'Rick Rogers.


Haha get outta here! Stop drinking the koolaid!

I feel like you've already made up your mind, so I'm not even going to try arguing with you. You've become borderline delusional with your Keenan Allen infatuation, it's blinding you to the talent of the other WRs in this draft.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 44043
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Teo falls to us. We would be set at the LB spot~!!!!
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4539
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
Watching some footage on Keenan Allen I like his ball skills but man, his explosiveness is non existent , anyone else agree?

I hear ya, man. I feel like if I took enough time I could talk myself into thinking that he could be good like I did with Austin Pettis and Greg Salas after we drafted them. At first glance, though, there is almost nothing there that makes me think he'd be worth a first round draft pick, especially not after watching guys like Terrance Williams, Deandre Hopkins, Justin Hunter, and Da'Rick Rogers.


Haha get outta here! Stop drinking the koolaid!

I feel like you've already made up your mind, so I'm not even going to try arguing with you. You've become borderline delusional with your Keenan Allen infatuation, it's blinding you to the talent of the other WRs in this draft.


That couldnt be further from the truth, i just have to call out ridiculous statements or opinions when they are made. Comparing Allen to Pettis or Salas? Cmon... I fully appreciate what Williams and all the other WR prospects offer respestively, but you arent doing the same with Allen. So if anybody isnt being fair its you.
_________________
2015 QB Rankings:

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
iRaMs


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 4150
Location: Teletran 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just give me Chance Warmack and Terrance Williams/Keenan Allen and I will be very happy.
_________________
Jared Cook: MIA

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4539
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
Just give me Chance Warmack and Terrance Williams/Keenan Allen and I will be very happy.


My thoughts exactly, i really hope it works out that way. Even it it works out half of that ill be happy.
_________________
2015 QB Rankings:

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jjab360


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 4120
Location: On Top
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
Watching some footage on Keenan Allen I like his ball skills but man, his explosiveness is non existent , anyone else agree?

I hear ya, man. I feel like if I took enough time I could talk myself into thinking that he could be good like I did with Austin Pettis and Greg Salas after we drafted them. At first glance, though, there is almost nothing there that makes me think he'd be worth a first round draft pick, especially not after watching guys like Terrance Williams, Deandre Hopkins, Justin Hunter, and Da'Rick Rogers.


Haha get outta here! Stop drinking the koolaid!

I feel like you've already made up your mind, so I'm not even going to try arguing with you. You've become borderline delusional with your Keenan Allen infatuation, it's blinding you to the talent of the other WRs in this draft.


That couldnt be further from the truth, i just have to call out ridiculous statements or opinions when they are made. Comparing Allen to Pettis or Salas? Cmon... I fully appreciate what Williams and all the other WR prospects offer respestively, but you arent doing the same with Allen. So if anybody isnt being fair its you.

I wasn't comparing Allen to Pettis or Salas, I was saying I never really thought much of them in the first place but had to convince myself they might have the potential to be good after we drafted them. I did the same thing with Jason Smith.

If we drafted Allen, I'd probably have to convince myself he'd be worth it, but more often than not, if I have to convince myself of something then it's probably not true.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5969
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a couple mocks from well known sites having Terrance Williams fall in the second round to our pick and beyond. How ridiculous would it be to get him with our 2nd rounder?
_________________
WELCOME TO THE RAMS:
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 44043
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I've seen a couple mocks from well known sites having Terrance Williams fall in the second round to our pick and beyond. How ridiculous would it be to get him with our 2nd rounder?



extreme.
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47578
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I've seen a couple mocks from well known sites having Terrance Williams fall in the second round to our pick and beyond. How ridiculous would it be to get him with our 2nd rounder?


Very ridiculous. Best WR in this class.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5969
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
I've seen a couple mocks from well known sites having Terrance Williams fall in the second round to our pick and beyond. How ridiculous would it be to get him with our 2nd rounder?


Very ridiculous. Best WR in this class.


Agreed. But I feel like a lot of teams are going to have the top end of the WR class bunched together. Some might like Allen, some Hunter, Patterson, Austin, etc. I feel like one of the top guys has a chance to fall to our second rounder. Question is, do we want to gamble on that?
_________________
WELCOME TO THE RAMS:
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47578
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
I've seen a couple mocks from well known sites having Terrance Williams fall in the second round to our pick and beyond. How ridiculous would it be to get him with our 2nd rounder?


Very ridiculous. Best WR in this class.


Agreed. But I feel like a lot of teams are going to have the top end of the WR class bunched together. Some might like Allen, some Hunter, Patterson, Austin, etc. I feel like one of the top guys has a chance to fall to our second rounder. Question is, do we want to gamble on that?


Yes.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iRaMs


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 4150
Location: Teletran 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
I've seen a couple mocks from well known sites having Terrance Williams fall in the second round to our pick and beyond. How ridiculous would it be to get him with our 2nd rounder?


Very ridiculous. Best WR in this class.


Agreed. But I feel like a lot of teams are going to have the top end of the WR class bunched together. Some might like Allen, some Hunter, Patterson, Austin, etc. I feel like one of the top guys has a chance to fall to our second rounder. Question is, do we want to gamble on that?


Yes.


If Justin Hunter or TW fall to our 2nd round pick I will cry tears of joy.

Chance Warmack and Lane Johnson in the 1st...then grab Justin Hunter or TW in the 2nd. where do I sign?
_________________
Jared Cook: MIA

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 40 of 136

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group