Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stlblackshirt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
stlblackshirt wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=CFB&id=131282&line=22771&spln=1

So Jake Matthews is staying in school. One less OT possibility.

Meanwhile, I'm really starting to like Matt Elam. Just knocked off a Louisville player's helmet.

I'm not liking him at all in this game. I think it's one of his weaker games. He's showing terrible tackling form and I haven't noticed him around the ball as much as you'd expect him to be.

I'm taking into consideration other games I've seen of him as well - Mizzou, Florida State, the highlight tape of Tennessee. In terms of an all around S, he's up there with the best. The whole Florida defense was terrible tonight.

DEE RAWL wrote:
Agreed, i never cared how well or not well he did against the run because we need coverage safeties which Elam is not.

I don't think Elam looks lost out there. He's got good instincts.

In terms of pure coverage guys, Kenny Vaccaro gets a lot of pub. He's like a Michael Huff or OJ Atogwe - a center fielder who doesn't lend much in the run game. Mikell had a great second half and plays better in the box. Adding a range guy to take away the middle seam routes will help. Don't know much about Phillip Thomas. Eric Reid was torched against Clemson - this whole year was a mess for him. Really wonder how good he can be.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny Vaccaro is not a center fielder at all, he is a slot coverage in the box SS. Idk what you have seen that leads you to believe otherwise...

I never said Elam looks lost just that he isnt a cover guy. At the start of the season it looked to be a great class but now it looks like its anything but that. Jefferson/Matheiu/Amerson (if he plays Safety) are the only good cover guys. Eric Reid has SOME center field ability but nothing more than McDonald does.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Sammy Watkins
3. Greg Robinson
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Kenny Vaccaro is not a center fielder at all, he is a slot coverage in the box SS. Idk what you have seen that leads you to believe otherwise...

I never said Elam looks lost just that he isnt a cover guy. At the start of the season it looked to be a great class but now it looks like its anything but that. Jefferson/Matheiu/Amerson (if he plays Safety) are the only good cover guys. Eric Reid has SOME center field ability but nothing more than McDonald does.

Not correct. This is still a very nice looking safety class. And there's more than just those guys. You're underrating Vaccaro's cover skills as well as DJ Swearinger's.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK, Elam looked pretty active tonight. Yes, not the coverage FS type we need, but, there is certainly no certain thing that we keep Mikell this offseason. Elam looks like a good in the box safety and seemed to play decent coverage tonight, from what I could see of him.

I will however differ to those that have extensively viewed his play, as I have not. Kind of reminded me of Mikell (a younger version) tonight.

St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Not correct. This is still a very nice looking safety class. And there's more than just those guys. You're underrating Vaccaro's cover skills as well as DJ Swearinger's.

It has quantity of good talent but what seemed to be quite a few 1st and 2nd round talent has turned out to be mostly 2nd-4th type talent. Idk, if you need an in the box SS type then this is your year. Unfortunately for us it lacks cover ball hawk type guys.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Sammy Watkins
3. Greg Robinson
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

It has quantity of good talent but what seemed to be quite a few 1st and 2nd round talent has turned out to be mostly 2nd-4th type talent. Idk, if you need an in the box SS type then this is your year. Unfortunately for us it lacks cover ball hawk type guys.

I think the draft has quality Free Safeties throughout the draft. Phillip Thomas, Rambo, Tony Jefferson, and Swearinger. All these guys plus the others mentioned will go anywhere from 2nd round to about 4th round.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is exactly the point i was trying to make. No 1st-2nd round ball hawks. Jefferson is the closest thing to a really good cover safety. The rest show splashes but are quite inconsistent.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Sammy Watkins
3. Greg Robinson
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Which is exactly the point i was trying to make. No 1st-2nd round ball hawks. Jefferson is the closest thing to a really good cover safety. The rest show splashes but are quite inconsistent.

How often are there first round ball-hawks available? Very rarely.

Vaccaro, Swearinger and Jefferson are all adept coverage safeties. Rambo is a talented center-fielder, he just has other issues that I don't like.

Then there are guys like Micah Hyde, Xavier Rhodes and David Amerson who could all end up at FS.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Vaccaro, Swearinger and Jefferson are all adept coverage safeties. Rambo is a talented center-fielder, he just has other issues that I don't like.

Then there are guys like Micah Hyde, Xavier Rhodes and David Amerson who could all end up at FS.

I LOVE Rhodes, however i feel like not using him at corner would be almost disrespectful because he does such a good job. David Amerson though is the opposite IMO. He would be an average corner but a top 10 deep zone FS at the next level... Again my opinion.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Sammy Watkins
3. Greg Robinson
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

I LOVE Rhodes, however i feel like not using him at corner would be almost disrespectful because he does such a good job. David Amerson though is the opposite IMO. He would be an average corner but a top 10 deep zone FS at the next level... Again my opinion.

Rhodes's technique at the CB position is lacking. Gets by on athleticism and long arms. Could due well at FS using that athleticism and ball-skills. Could do well at CB. But I think like Antrel Rolle and Malcolm Jenkins, he can make the transition. If he's the best safety available...why not.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

S-jax39

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else laughing at the fact that alot of fans are saying their team will trade back ad take our two firsts? Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
Is anyone else laughing at the fact that alot of fans are saying their team will trade back ad take our two firsts? Laughing

It's not shocking. We have two firsts and they all want to two firsts. It's an ideal trade scenario for them. But it ain't happening.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

iRaMs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Micah Hyde could be a good FS in the NFL. If I had to choose to a FS from this class though I'm going Tony Jefferson and its really not even close for me anymore.

kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Vaccaro is not a center fielder at all, he is a slot coverage in the box SS. Idk what you have seen that leads you to believe otherwise...

I can't agree with this statement at all. He's one of the better overall coverage safeties in this draft. He's pretty good at taking away the deep half of the field when he's been utilized in that role and has the agility/fluidity to be used as a slot corner when needed...

I don't think Vaccaro fits at all as a SS, as run support and overall tacking are not two of his strong suits...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlblackshirt wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
stlblackshirt wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=CFB&id=131282&line=22771&spln=1

So Jake Matthews is staying in school. One less OT possibility.

Meanwhile, I'm really starting to like Matt Elam. Just knocked off a Louisville player's helmet.

I'm not liking him at all in this game. I think it's one of his weaker games. He's showing terrible tackling form and I haven't noticed him around the ball as much as you'd expect him to be.

I'm taking into consideration other games I've seen of him as well - Mizzou, Florida State, the highlight tape of Tennessee. In terms of an all around S, he's up there with the best. The whole Florida defense was terrible tonight.

DEE RAWL wrote:
Agreed, i never cared how well or not well he did against the run because we need coverage safeties which Elam is not.

I don't think Elam looks lost out there. He's got good instincts.

In terms of pure coverage guys, Kenny Vaccaro gets a lot of pub. He's like a Michael Huff or OJ Atogwe - a center fielder who doesn't lend much in the run game. Mikell had a great second half and plays better in the box. Adding a range guy to take away the middle seam routes will help. Don't know much about Phillip Thomas. Eric Reid was torched against Clemson - this whole year was a mess for him. Really wonder how good he can be.

You should look into that Phillip Thomas, his number is being called in my new mock. I love his size, physicality, and his knack for creating turnovers.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 29 of 136

Jump to: