Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:
Although Mikell played a great game this past week why isn't safety addressed more often in our defense. Why not try Trumaine there-who by the way has made Fletcher sit on the sidelines(not sure why cause Fletch was playing great)? Also we have Mccloud who is young but at the same time With Dahl back there why not give some guys experience.

I think Dahl is starting for one reason and I didn't realize it until this week. He wants him for that Finnegan sense. He wants another guy back there that won't only get in for a tackle but will finish it with aggression. I don't know how many times I saw both Fin and Dahl tackle the player by their head.

My question is, why waste Fletcher's talent? Dahl is not getting it done. Get Fletcher some practice time at FS and see if he can get it done.

Agreed.. I don't see why neither Fletcher OR Trumaine Johnson isn't getting any looks at safety. Neither could be worse than Dahl, and I have a feeling that at least one of the two could really excel as a S

I understand why with Trumaine, they see him as an important long term player at CB. But with Fletcher being in the last year, why not? If he plays extremely well, it gives us a reason to bring him back.

I don't see Fletcher's game translating very well to FS. I don't think he is fast enough, and his ball skills are far from ideal. Then again, Craig Dahl brings almost nothing to the table so.....

Something may be going on to put Fletcher in Fisher's dog house. I guess it is just he is not apart of the future plans but who knows.

At this point we have basically two SS on the field with Mikell and Dahl.
Ray

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting back to Lb, where do you rank Alec Ogletree Lb Georgia if he was to declare him self for the 2013 draft, and would he be a player the Rams would consider.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
getting back to Lb, where do you rank Alec Ogletree Lb Georgia if he was to declare him self for the 2013 draft, and would he be a player the Rams would consider.

Hes a pretty good player but I would much prefer Mosely if we decide to go that route.
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys think Eddie Lacy is first round talent?? That would be a sweet duo of Lacy and Richardson... If SJ39 decides to go a different way.. Im really warming up to using our 2nd 1st rounder on Lacy..
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
Do you guys think Eddie Lacy is first round talent?? That would be a sweet duo of Lacy and Richardson... If SJ39 decides to go a different way.. Im really warming up to using our 2nd 1st rounder on Lacy..

No thanks. You dont need to spend a 1st rounder on a RB unless its an elite talent like Trent Richardson last year.

Im interested in something like Montee Ball in the 3rdish
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:

no way, Lacey won't go in the first round and I wouldn't spend a first, or 2nd, on a running back.

I'd rather take a Stepfan Taylor in the 3rd-4th. Way too many good running backs in rounds 3-5.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:
Although Mikell played a great game this past week why isn't safety addressed more often in our defense. Why not try Trumaine there-who by the way has made Fletcher sit on the sidelines(not sure why cause Fletch was playing great)? Also we have Mccloud who is young but at the same time With Dahl back there why not give some guys experience.

I think Dahl is starting for one reason and I didn't realize it until this week. He wants him for that Finnegan sense. He wants another guy back there that won't only get in for a tackle but will finish it with aggression. I don't know how many times I saw both Fin and Dahl tackle the player by their head.

My question is, why waste Fletcher's talent? Dahl is not getting it done. Get Fletcher some practice time at FS and see if he can get it done.

Agreed.. I don't see why neither Fletcher OR Trumaine Johnson isn't getting any looks at safety. Neither could be worse than Dahl, and I have a feeling that at least one of the two could really excel as a S

I understand why with Trumaine, they see him as an important long term player at CB. But with Fletcher being in the last year, why not? If he plays extremely well, it gives us a reason to bring him back.

I don't see Fletcher's game translating very well to FS. I don't think he is fast enough, and his ball skills are far from ideal. Then again, Craig Dahl brings almost nothing to the table so.....

Eh I think if he has the ball-skills to play CB and the speed to play CB, he can get away with it at FS. He's certainly not slower or worse at tracking the ball than Dahl. Wink

That's my only real concern here. Upgrading on Dahl for the rest of this year.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

No thanks. You dont need to spend a 1st rounder on a RB unless its an elite talent like Trent Richardson last year.

Call me crazy but I have my eye on a couple later round HBs in Latavius Murray and Dennis Johnson.

Wr80

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

You think Ball drops to the 3rd? Also I doubt we take a RB we have Rich and that other guy his name is...Pead that's it. Anyways, we'll develop them and use them until we really have a need for RB
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

You think Ball drops to the 3rd? Also I doubt we take a RB we have Rich and that other guy his name is...Pead that's it. Anyways, we'll develop them and use them until we really have a need for RB

Who's to say what the need will be if SJ walks?...
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

Call me crazy but I have my eye on a couple later round HBs in Latavius Murray and Dennis Johnson.

Thats the great thing about runningbacks. You can get really good ones in later rounds.
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

Id love to get Ball in the 3rd

^El Ramster^
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and stickied this guy...should have done it earlier!

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
I went ahead and stickied this guy...should have done it earlier!

thanks, much easier to find now.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

Thats the great thing about runningbacks. You can get really good ones in later rounds.

Exactly. Just have to know what attributes to look for. I believe both these guys have them.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 18 of 136

Jump to: