Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
Would you guys wants a Tavon Austin on this team? Idk I REALLY like him.

I wouldnt mind it one bit thats for sure, dude is like a damn rabbit. I would still prefer a bit bigger true #1 but wouldnt be mad at it.

Tavon Austin is not a #1 WR. As I said before, he could be an amazing weapon out of the slot or as a Scat HB/Slot WR hybrid but with Danny here, I don't see how we can take a niche player who also plays out of the slot.

Sorry for the confusion but i never meant Austin is a #1 WR, definitely a just a versatile weapon.

yeah but with amendola in the slot and the smallish Givens on the outside what role would Austin play?

The Rams need an outside the lines receiver not another smallish slot receiver. If we are going to get a gadget type receiver I'd rather take Cordarelle Patterson who is just as good an athlete as Austin, with far more upside and is 6 inches taller and 30-40 pounds heavier.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
Would you guys wants a Tavon Austin on this team? Idk I REALLY like him.

I wouldnt mind it one bit thats for sure, dude is like a damn rabbit. I would still prefer a bit bigger true #1 but wouldnt be mad at it.

Tavon Austin is not a #1 WR. As I said before, he could be an amazing weapon out of the slot or as a Scat HB/Slot WR hybrid but with Danny here, I don't see how we can take a niche player who also plays out of the slot.

Sorry for the confusion but i never meant Austin is a #1 WR, definitely a just a versatile weapon.

yeah but with amendola in the slot and the smallish Givens on the outside what role would Austin play?

The Rams need an outside the lines receiver not another smallish slot receiver. If we are going to get a gadget type receiver I'd rather take Cordarelle Patterson who is just as good an athlete as Austin, with far more upside and is 6 inches taller and 30-40 pounds heavier.

Agreed.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Im not a fan of taking LBs in the first but he might be an exception in my mind.
I personally think Te'O is the only exception.

But like always, regardless of the player, non-rush linebackers in the 1st is never a good idea.

Perhaps but what good would a rush linebacker do in a 4-3 scheme?

Unless you put him in a Von Miller type of role, not much unless you put him at DE obviously.

I'm perfectly content with Laurinaitis and Dunbar at LB. If Dunbar is not re-signed, I'm sure we can find a replacement in free agency or later in the draft. I think a first round pick would be better spent somewhere else.
not sure I agree with the whole "only rush LBs in the 1st". There are plenty of really good LBs that are absolute worth 1st round picks. And Mosely is surely one of them. He is the complete package at LB and is very underrated.

He is the type of LB that is needed in this scheme and would be a great fit at SLB next to JL. He has range all over the field, his pass coverage is very good already (would be a huge help to our safety problem) and he is an effective blitzed when his number is dialed up.

Just so some of you are aware, Dunbar signed a 2 year contract, so he isn't going anywhere as of yet.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Just so some of you are aware, Dunbar signed a 2 year contract, so he isn't going anywhere as of yet.
Good call. I didn't even bother to look. It seems like everyone assumed he was a FA.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Im not a fan of taking LBs in the first but he might be an exception in my mind.
I personally think Te'O is the only exception.

But like always, regardless of the player, non-rush linebackers in the 1st is never a good idea.

Perhaps but what good would a rush linebacker do in a 4-3 scheme?

Unless you put him in a Von Miller type of role, not much unless you put him at DE obviously.

I'm perfectly content with Laurinaitis and Dunbar at LB. If Dunbar is not re-signed, I'm sure we can find a replacement in free agency or later in the draft. I think a first round pick would be better spent somewhere else.
not sure I agree with the whole "only rush LBs in the 1st". There are plenty of really good LBs that are absolute worth 1st round picks. And Mosely is surely one of them. He is the complete package at LB and is very underrated.

He is the type of LB that is needed in this scheme and would be a great fit at SLB next to JL. He has range all over the field, his pass coverage is very good already (would be a huge help to our safety problem) and he is an effective blitzed when his number is dialed up.

Mosley would be a great pick and would make sense(as we'll likely have two mid first rounders). Honestly I'd be happy with two of Warmack, Mosley, Eifert, Matthews, or Allen.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think our biggest needs in the draft and free agency are now?

My opinion is FS, SS, and RT are the biggest priority. Then the rest depends on who we resign or don't resign.
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:

My opinion is FS, SS, and RT are the biggest priority. Then the rest depends on who we resign or don't resign.

Gotta throw WR and LG in there.
Wr80

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:

They might save LG for next year to see how Rok plays it, if he comes back from his injury/off season and starts to play well then why'd you pick up another guard? I think our biggest need is RT, followed by Safeties but coach did say Stewart is coming along with recovery. I could see him taking a spot in safety.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:

I consider them lesser needs especially at LG if we resign Turner. He would at minimum be great depth for the line next year if not start at LG.
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Mikell played a great game this past week why isn't safety addressed more often in our defense. Why not try Trumaine there-who by the way has made Fletcher sit on the sidelines(not sure why cause Fletch was playing great)? Also we have Mccloud who is young but at the same time With Dahl back there why not give some guys experience.

I think Dahl is starting for one reason and I didn't realize it until this week. He wants him for that Finnegan sense. He wants another guy back there that won't only get in for a tackle but will finish it with aggression. I don't know how many times I saw both Fin and Dahl tackle the player by their head.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
Although Mikell played a great game this past week why isn't safety addressed more often in our defense. Why not try Trumaine there-who by the way has made Fletcher sit on the sidelines(not sure why cause Fletch was playing great)? Also we have Mccloud who is young but at the same time With Dahl back there why not give some guys experience.

I think Dahl is starting for one reason and I didn't realize it until this week. He wants him for that Finnegan sense. He wants another guy back there that won't only get in for a tackle but will finish it with aggression. I don't know how many times I saw both Fin and Dahl tackle the player by their head.

My question is, why waste Fletcher's talent? Dahl is not getting it done. Get Fletcher some practice time at FS and see if he can get it done.

BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:

My question is, why waste Fletcher's talent? Dahl is not getting it done. Get Fletcher some practice time at FS and see if he can get it done.

Agreed.. I don't see why neither Fletcher OR Trumaine Johnson isn't getting any looks at safety. Neither could be worse than Dahl, and I have a feeling that at least one of the two could really excel as a S

^El Ramster^
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:

Agreed.. I don't see why neither Fletcher OR Trumaine Johnson isn't getting any looks at safety. Neither could be worse than Dahl, and I have a feeling that at least one of the two could really excel as a S

I understand why with Trumaine, they see him as an important long term player at CB. But with Fletcher being in the last year, why not? If he plays extremely well, it gives us a reason to bring him back.

RamsFan24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:

I understand why with Trumaine, they see him as an important long term player at CB. But with Fletcher being in the last year, why not? If he plays extremely well, it gives us a reason to bring him back.

Now that's what I've been screaming, I just don't understand why Fletcher is just sitting.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:

I don't see Fletcher's game translating very well to FS. I don't think he is fast enough, and his ball skills are far from ideal. Then again, Craig Dahl brings almost nothing to the table so.....

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 17 of 136

Jump to: