Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BamaRam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Anyone see us potentially trading out of both our 1st round picks? Reason I ask is because Chris Mortenson is reporting the Chiefs/Dolphins deal which will send LT Branden Albert to the Dolphins is done, just hasn't been reported yet. The Dolphins then are looking to move out of the #12 slot to recoup a pick. There has also been alot of talk about our #22 pick being available for QB needy teams looking to jump back up to grab their guy...

Anyone think if Austin makes it to #12, we decide to move up and take him? Possibly giving up a 3rd round pick...

Then at #22 we move back and possibly re-coup that #3 and more?

I was actually just thinking about that last night. I think its very possible.

Great minds think alike bruh!!!

*internet high five*

I'm right there with you guys. I said a few pages back we should move up if Austin makes it passed the Jets at 9 and that I thought a 3rd would get us to 10,11, or 12. Miami is a perfect slot. I think they want Eifert who they can get at 16. If the Jets go OLB at 9, we can move up right in front of them at 12.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
That is surprising. Out of that list, I like everyone besides Lacy and Shamarko. Interesting to see no Warmack either, I don't think he will be our pick at 16 even if available.
Im very confused on why people are saying this?

But Warmack is one of those prospects that you dont need to work out, his talent is obvious.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UDFA would love to have is Michael Hill RB Missouri Western State
Tackle breaking machine

ctp2124

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
That is surprising. Out of that list, I like everyone besides Lacy and Shamarko. Interesting to see no Warmack either, I don't think he will be our pick at 16 even if available.
Im very confused on why people are saying this?

But Warmack is one of those prospects that you dont need to work out, his talent is obvious.

Because I don't think Fisher wants a guard at 16. We will see what happens, my guess is he will be available at 16 so we will see what we do.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how productive I am at life.....I pulled an all nighter last night, have class today till two. Goin home to watch the last of the cards game, will sleep after from 3-6 and then eat some dinner. Will stay up till 5 am and then sleep 12 hours and will wake up 2 hours before the draft so I don't have to sit around waiting. I love my life, I actually spent longer coming up with that strategy than I did doing my math homework.

In case I'm dead. My predictions....

16. Star Lotulelei
22. Justin Hunter
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Here's how productive I am at life.....I pulled an all nighter last night, have class today till two. Goin home to watch the last of the cards game, will sleep after from 3-6 and then eat some dinner. Will stay up till 5 am and then sleep 12 hours and will wake up 2 hours before the draft so I don't have to sit around waiting. I love my life, I actually spent longer coming up with that strategy than I did doing my math homework.

16. Star Lotulelei
22. Justin Hunter

Can't say I'd be upset by that Smile
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we ended up with either Star or Richardson id be stoked
MISTA314

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:

16. Star Lotulelei
22. Justin Hunter

Man I miss college life!!! Laughing But as far as your predictions, I don't think your far off. All this talk about us grabbing S and WR with our two pick i think has people forgetting who we have running the show. The only way i see us going WR at #16 is if the obvious Austin is still there. If we don't trade up and he's gone, I think that just opens everything up for discussion.

If Austin is gone at 16, these are the guys i think will be in play
(assuming these prospects are still available)

Sheldon Richardson
Star Lotulelei
Kenny Vaccaro
Chance Warmack
Dee Milliner (crazier things have happened)
Sharrif Floyd (see above)

As for the #22 pick I would rather have either Cyprien, Elam, or Hopkins over Hunter.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Article regarding draft visits. Found it interesting that they didn't have Sheldon Richardson in for a visit, as he is a local visit and would not have counted against the 30.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/article_c303f62f-64c7-5622-8aa9-d71e9e4ba9a5.html#.UXdvyzbY4qw.twitter
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just based on the visits we have had, and based on the fact that we drafted 5 of the players we had in last year on visits, it appears the Rams interests in this draft are:

Oline - Seems that the interior line was the target with guys like; Warford,Thornton, Long, Fluker.

WR - Both slot and outside guys were in on visits, so appears they have interest in adding both

RB - Bigger guys were the trend, with Franklin thrown in (who I love).

LB - 5 Linebacker visits which strongly suggest we will finally address this need in the draft.

SAFETY - One lone safety came in (S.Thomas), which is puzzling. Would have rather seen some of the better safeties come in for a visit, but, perhaps they don't want to tip their hands.

Probably doesnt mean much, just interesting to see who the Rams are wanting to get more info from/on.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Article regarding draft visits. Found it interesting that they didn't have Sheldon Richardson in for a visit, as he is a local visit and would not have counted against the 30.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/article_c303f62f-64c7-5622-8aa9-d71e9e4ba9a5.html#.UXdvyzbY4qw.twitter

Agreed, i would bet however that they sent scouts to alot of the mizzou games and already know they like him. Not saying he will be the pick, but like Lunatic mentioned with Warmack-- you know what youre getting.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ESPN's Sal Paolantonio stated on Philly's 97.5 The Fanatic that he's heard the Eagles are targeting a tackle at No. 4 overall, with West Virginia's Tavon Austin as the primary fallback option.
Paolantonio's Eagles nuggets are always notable because he's covered the team for years and is so plugged-in. "Here is what a general manager told me [on Monday]," Sal Pal said, "I know the Eagles want a tackle. And if those are all gone, he said, Dont be shocked if Chip Kelly takes Tavon Austin No. 4.'" Because of his athletic movement skills, Oklahoma's Lane Johnson may be the Eagles' top target. Austin would be an exciting alternative.

Per rotoworld

This draft is going to be intense
chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to self: Dont listen to any rumor in the next 24 hours.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Note to self: Dont listen to any rumor in the next 24 hours.
Should have stopped listening for the past 24 days
MISTA314

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Quote:
ESPN's Sal Paolantonio stated on Philly's 97.5 The Fanatic that he's heard the Eagles are targeting a tackle at No. 4 overall, with West Virginia's Tavon Austin as the primary fallback option.
Paolantonio's Eagles nuggets are always notable because he's covered the team for years and is so plugged-in. "Here is what a general manager told me [on Monday]," Sal Pal said, "I know the Eagles want a tackle. And if those are all gone, he said, Dont be shocked if Chip Kelly takes Tavon Austin No. 4.'" Because of his athletic movement skills, Oklahoma's Lane Johnson may be the Eagles' top target. Austin would be an exciting alternative.

Per rotoworld

This draft is going to be intense

The #4 pick is a little rich for Tavon Austin IMO but if they decide to trade down a few spots i can definitely see that as a possibility. Most people would look at the fact that they already have two speedsters in Maclin and Jackson and automatically dismiss the idea. But Austin would not only replace Avant in the slot but he would also give Chip Kelly the same joker type weapon that he had in De'Anthony Thomas at Oregon.

That would be a nightmare offense to game plan for Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 135 of 136

Jump to: