Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135, 136  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4515
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am personally confused as to where this immense support for Vaccaro is from. I can see some ability, but nothing that supports some of the claims.


Also, dont worry Flatlyner-- im with you on Lattimore. He has undeniable talent, but using a 3rd or 4th on such an injury prone player at a position with an already short shelf life is not a good idea IMO.

Now if we were the Niners with 700 draft picks and no glaring needs then Id be all for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9668
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
According to NFL.com's Albert Breer, "some" teams view the Rams' No. 22 pick as a "potential landing place" for clubs that want to move up and draft a quarterback in the back half of round one. Our tentative expectation is West Virginia's Geno Smith, USC's Matt Barkley, Florida State's E.J. Manuel, and NC State's Mike Glennon will still all be on the board at the 22nd pick. The Rams will likely use their earlier first-rounder (No. 16) on a wide receiver or perhaps safety, but the 22nd pick may very well be for sale. Clubs potentially interested in a deal like this might include the Jaguars, Eagles, Cardinals, Jets, and Bills.

_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4515
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
According to NFL.com's Albert Breer, "some" teams view the Rams' No. 22 pick as a "potential landing place" for clubs that want to move up and draft a quarterback in the back half of round one. Our tentative expectation is West Virginia's Geno Smith, USC's Matt Barkley, Florida State's E.J. Manuel, and NC State's Mike Glennon will still all be on the board at the 22nd pick. The Rams will likely use their earlier first-rounder (No. 16) on a wide receiver or perhaps safety, but the 22nd pick may very well be for sale. Clubs potentially interested in a deal like this might include the Jaguars, Eagles, Cardinals, Jets, and Bills.


I heard the same thing today on ESPN's "On the Clock" saying the teams looking to trade up for a qb will start at 22. I'm all for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17074
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
chris00cm wrote:


This is hilarious. Look at the first three war rooms, then the Jaguars. Priceless Laughing


That has to be photo shopped, right?
No it's not photo shopped. But like jrry said, they were probably on lunch break or something like that. I couldn't stop laughing earlier when I first saw it.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17074
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
According to NFL.com's Albert Breer, "some" teams view the Rams' No. 22 pick as a "potential landing place" for clubs that want to move up and draft a quarterback in the back half of round one. Our tentative expectation is West Virginia's Geno Smith, USC's Matt Barkley, Florida State's E.J. Manuel, and NC State's Mike Glennon will still all be on the board at the 22nd pick. The Rams will likely use their earlier first-rounder (No. 16) on a wide receiver or perhaps safety, but the 22nd pick may very well be for sale. Clubs potentially interested in a deal like this might include the Jaguars, Eagles, Cardinals, Jets, and Bills.


I heard the same thing today on ESPN's "On the Clock" saying the teams looking to trade up for a qb will start at 22. I'm all for it.
Woo! Best possible scenario for that 2nd first round pick. Get another future pick.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7701
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Seems like every scout only speaks glowingly of him. Could we have the wrong impression of him as a whole? Or are they just drinking the Kool Aid? Guess we will find out.
I personally don't understand why everyone can't stand Vacarro. There will probably be better values at 16, but at 22 he very likely would be the best player available. But he won't drop that far.
I think I've made my stance on Vacaro very clear. I just dont think he is very good. I see alot better Safeties throughout the rest of the draft.

Sure he looks good on a highlight reel, but thats because he had the Ed Reed treatment in Texas playing between and NFL duo at CB. He is a SS in a FS body, and when it comes down to it, he is a reckless & kinda selfish player. Always going for the big hit/big play, instead of playing his responsibility.


The only thing I ever see people say is "he can cover that slot guy", there is no way he is better at that than the guy we already have for that in Cortland Finnegan

Ive done a ton of tape on this guy and nothing says 1st rounder other than the highlight tapes. Because when you break down his full games there are GAPING holes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17074
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Seems like every scout only speaks glowingly of him. Could we have the wrong impression of him as a whole? Or are they just drinking the Kool Aid? Guess we will find out.
I personally don't understand why everyone can't stand Vacarro. There will probably be better values at 16, but at 22 he very likely would be the best player available. But he won't drop that far.
I think I've made my stance on Vacaro very clear. I just dont think he is very good. I see alot better Safeties throughout the rest of the draft.

Sure he looks good on a highlight reel, but thats because he had the Ed Reed treatment in Texas playing between and NFL duo at CB. He is a SS in a FS body, and when it comes down to it, he is a reckless & kinda selfish player. Always going for the big hit/big play, instead of playing his responsibility.


The only thing I ever see people say is "he can cover that slot guy", there is no way he is better at that than the guy we already have for that in Cortland Finnegan

Ive done a ton of tape on this guy and nothing says 1st rounder other than the highlight tapes. Because when you break down his full games there are GAPING holes.
I think Vacarro and Cyprien are 1a and b at the safety position. He might be a little better than Cyprien right now as we speak, but he does not have the obvious physical upside like Cyprien. Vacarro is not a great Ed Reed center-field type of safety everyone is looking for, but I think he does everything well. I do think his upside is limited because of that. He does not have one single trait that is exceptional. He was a disappointment in the off-season work outs, but the tape is there. He moves very well for a big man. He can move into the slot and cover a WR or TE, or he can be a third LB and be a player in the run game. The versatility of his skill set will make him a high draft pick. His anticipation is my favorite part about his game. He makes up for his slow timed speed by knowing what's going to happen before it happens.

Everyone does not like him, but I do not see a single weakness in his game. He is just not a flashy player. Me personally, I prefer Cyprien over him. But if the Rams draft Vacarro on Thursday, I'd definitely support it and know why.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramsfan4lyfe8


Joined: 03 Jun 2011
Posts: 167
Location: Emmaus PA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyone going to the draft? I've gone every year since we took Chris Long 2nd overall. It's such a fun time and the past like 3 years we've gone to the 40/40 club (Jay-Z' club) because that's where all the players go to later that night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
I <3 Faulk


Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 1954
Location: straight out of Compton.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we end up with Warmack,Cyprien, and Woods with our first three picks I will be a happy fan. I think Woods is the perfect receiver for Bradford. Then take Franklin in the third, and we could have something special going.
_________________
geuax saints wrote:
I <3 Faulk wrote:
I am literally laughing out loud. Genius!

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5968
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't mind Vacarro, but I'd put him behind Swearinger, Cyprien, and Elam, in that order. I think he is a 2nd round pick that is going to go much higher then that.
_________________
WELCOME TO THE RAMS:
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holt_bruce81


Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 20029
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/top-visits/article_d086a90d-2eb5-5c9d-8df4-8d82644d3dd0.html

Quote:
Terron Armstead OT Arkansas-Pine Bluff
(Cahokia HS)
David Bass DE Missouri Western
(University City HS)
Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
(East St. Louis HS)
T.J. Moe WR Missouri
(Fort Zumwalt West HS)
Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern
(Rockwood Summit HS)
Ronnie Wingo Jr. RB Arkansas
(St. Louis University HS)

Name Position College

Keenan Allen WR California
Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech
Ace Sanders WR South Carolina
Terrance Williams WR Baylor
Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA
Mike Gillislee RB Florida
Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
Kyle Long OG/OT Oregon
Larry Warford OG Kentucky
Hugh Thornton OG/OT Illinois
Oday Aboushi OT Virginia
D.J. Fluker OT Alabama
Menelik Watson OT Florida State
Arthur Brown LB Kansas State
Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers
Gerald Hodges LB Penn State
Sio Moore LB Connecticut
Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse


The Rams "top 30" visits. Interesting that the Rams only brought in one Safety.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ctp2124


Joined: 15 Jan 2011
Posts: 1264
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/top-visits/article_d086a90d-2eb5-5c9d-8df4-8d82644d3dd0.html

Quote:
Terron Armstead OT Arkansas-Pine Bluff
(Cahokia HS)
David Bass DE Missouri Western
(University City HS)
Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
(East St. Louis HS)
T.J. Moe WR Missouri
(Fort Zumwalt West HS)
Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern
(Rockwood Summit HS)
Ronnie Wingo Jr. RB Arkansas
(St. Louis University HS)

Name Position College

Keenan Allen WR California
Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech
Ace Sanders WR South Carolina
Terrance Williams WR Baylor
Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA
Mike Gillislee RB Florida
Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
Kyle Long OG/OT Oregon
Larry Warford OG Kentucky
Hugh Thornton OG/OT Illinois
Oday Aboushi OT Virginia
D.J. Fluker OT Alabama
Menelik Watson OT Florida State
Arthur Brown LB Kansas State
Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers
Gerald Hodges LB Penn State
Sio Moore LB Connecticut
Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse


The Rams "top 30" visits. Interesting that the Rams only brought in one Safety.


That is surprising. Out of that list, I like everyone besides Lacy and Shamarko. Interesting to see no Warmack either, I don't think he will be our pick at 16 even if available.
_________________

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9668
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see us potentially trading out of both our 1st round picks? Reason I ask is because Chris Mortenson is reporting the Chiefs/Dolphins deal which will send LT Branden Albert to the Dolphins is done, just hasn't been reported yet. The Dolphins then are looking to move out of the #12 slot to recoup a pick. There has also been alot of talk about our #22 pick being available for QB needy teams looking to jump back up to grab their guy...

Anyone think if Austin makes it to #12, we decide to move up and take him? Possibly giving up a 3rd round pick...

Then at #22 we move back and possibly re-coup that #3 and more?
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holt_bruce81


Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 20029
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Anyone see us potentially trading out of both our 1st round picks? Reason I ask is because Chris Mortenson is reporting the Chiefs/Dolphins deal which will send LT Branden Albert to the Dolphins is done, just hasn't been reported yet. The Dolphins then are looking to move out of the #12 slot to recoup a pick. There has also been alot of talk about our #22 pick being available for QB needy teams looking to jump back up to grab their guy...

Anyone think if Austin makes it to #12, we decide to move up and take him? Possibly giving up a 3rd round pick...

Then at #22 we move back and possibly re-coup that #3 and more?


I was actually just thinking about that last night. I think its very possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9668
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Anyone see us potentially trading out of both our 1st round picks? Reason I ask is because Chris Mortenson is reporting the Chiefs/Dolphins deal which will send LT Branden Albert to the Dolphins is done, just hasn't been reported yet. The Dolphins then are looking to move out of the #12 slot to recoup a pick. There has also been alot of talk about our #22 pick being available for QB needy teams looking to jump back up to grab their guy...

Anyone think if Austin makes it to #12, we decide to move up and take him? Possibly giving up a 3rd round pick...

Then at #22 we move back and possibly re-coup that #3 and more?


I was actually just thinking about that last night. I think its very possible.


Great minds think alike bruh!!!

*internet high five*
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 134 of 136

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group