Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jonezy


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 3125
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Source for the Rams offering 33 for Bowe? wait...we don't have 33
_________________

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3628
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Source for the Rams offering 33 for Bowe? wait...we don't have 33


I think that guy was talking about last year.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5778
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:
I think Matt Elam is really warming up to me. He is very athletic and is a difference maker on the defensive side of the ball! He would be a great additionif we decide to grab him at 22. ( which is his jersey number Very Happy )


Welcome aboard the Elam train. There are very few passengers, so I hope your conversations are interesting. Future pro bowler.


I like Elam quite a bit. If he makes it to our 2nd round selection, he'd be a steal, but #22 is way too high for him. I say that because of the other talent available at safety.


Agreed that there is other talent, but I disagree saying there is better talent. Also, as the FF draft shows, the safeties could go early and we lose out. I'd be just fine locking up a safety for the next many years with his talent at #22.
_________________


St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3628
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:
I think Matt Elam is really warming up to me. He is very athletic and is a difference maker on the defensive side of the ball! He would be a great additionif we decide to grab him at 22. ( which is his jersey number Very Happy )


Welcome aboard the Elam train. There are very few passengers, so I hope your conversations are interesting. Future pro bowler.


I like Elam quite a bit. If he makes it to our 2nd round selection, he'd be a steal, but #22 is way too high for him. I say that because of the other talent available at safety.


Agreed that there is other talent, but I disagree saying there is better talent. Also, as the FF draft shows, the safeties could go early and we lose out. I'd be just fine locking up a safety for the next many years with his talent at #22.


I wouldn't complain either.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BEASToftheEAST4


Joined: 01 Nov 2007
Posts: 2698
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Elam, and whether or not he merits the 22nd pick or not, I think it would be a smarter choice to wait until the 2nd round to take a S since this class is stacked with them and there's really not too much separating most of them
_________________

^El Ramster^

If you're into hardcore/metal, check out my band: Portrait of a Prophecy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Portrait-of-a-Prophecy/118264468260007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonezy


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 3125
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is anyone else in agreement with me that a "weapon" for Bradford will be taken in the 1st?
_________________

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
ctp2124


Joined: 15 Jan 2011
Posts: 1263
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
So, is anyone else in agreement with me that a "weapon" for Bradford will be taken in the 1st?


I could see us going BPA with both picks. Doing that could land Warmack and Vacarro and wait to go WR until later. This class is really deep with playmakers.

Also I would argue that Warmack is a "weapon" of sorts. When Bradford has time he has proven to be successful with Amendola, Gibson, and Givens.
_________________

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holt_bruce81


Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 19438
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
So, is anyone else in agreement with me that a "weapon" for Bradford will be taken in the 1st?


I think everyone has been wanting that for the last 6 months Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ray


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 558
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why isn't anyone talking about Jonathan Cooper , Chance Warmack will go before him, but Cooper is the most athletic guard in the draft and there isn't to much seperation of the two , because when it comes down to best player Ava, you have to include Cooper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4290
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
Why isn't anyone talking about Jonathan Cooper , Chance Warmack will go before him, but Cooper is the most athletic guard in the draft and there isn't to much seperation of the two , because when it comes down to best player Ava, you have to include Cooper


Because he draws a lot of Jacob Bell comparisons which isnt a good thing.
_________________
2014 Draft Wish List for the 2nd Overall Pick-
**In Order**

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jjab360


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 3770
Location: On Top
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Ray wrote:
Why isn't anyone talking about Jonathan Cooper , Chance Warmack will go before him, but Cooper is the most athletic guard in the draft and there isn't to much seperation of the two , because when it comes down to best player Ava, you have to include Cooper


Because he draws a lot of Jacob Bell comparisons which isnt a good thing.

I haven't heard anybody say that outside of the occasional paranoid Rams fan.

Bell was a long player at 6-5, 300 lbs., he actually saw a little time at OT in Tenessee. Cooper is a much shorter, stouter, stronger player at 6-2, 310 lbs., but is still the most athletic college prospect I've ever seen at the OG position.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
STLRamsFan99


Joined: 17 Aug 2012
Posts: 1331
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
Why isn't anyone talking about Jonathan Cooper , Chance Warmack will go before him, but Cooper is the most athletic guard in the draft and there isn't to much seperation of the two , because when it comes down to best player Ava, you have to include Cooper


Depending on how high they go he may not, Zone blocking teams may place Cooper over Warmack on their boards.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 43730
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
Why isn't anyone talking about Jonathan Cooper , Chance Warmack will go before him, but Cooper is the most athletic guard in the draft and there isn't to much seperation of the two , because when it comes down to best player Ava, you have to include Cooper


Because Warmack is better. And there is separation.
_________________

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halradio


Joined: 26 Feb 2005
Posts: 4317
Location: Washington
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Warmack is the best OG in this draft. That being said, I don't see the Rams having a shot at him at 16.

As of right now of the top linemen in this draft, Cooper IMO is the most likely one to be available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 43730
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:
I agree Warmack is the best OG in this draft. That being said, I don't see the Rams having a shot at him at 16.

As of right now of the top linemen in this draft, Cooper IMO is the most likely one to be available.


He's a Guard who has questions about his fit in the ZBS in a Tackle heavy class. The Rams have a shot at him.
_________________

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 69 of 136

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group