Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after watching Tavon Austin's senior highlight tape, I hate to say it but I'm falling into the Tavon Austin bandwagon. Don't get me wrong if Cordarrelle Patterson is there at 16 then he is still my pick but if he is gone and Chance Warmack is at 16 go chance and Austin at 22 because I think he will be there. That first round would be absolutely amazing. Chance and Tavon first round? Possibly the best player at their position late in the first would be an insane start to the draft.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Not to say Austin isn't the right pick at #16, I'd take him where I can get him.

I think if Austin is there at 16 we should take him even if Warmack is available. If Warmack is available at 16 that means Cooper is also and we can draft either one at 22.

I know it seems crazy to possibly pass on him at 16 but this offense needs playmakers desperately and I've been dying to have a legit playmaker on the Rams since GSOT days.

I doubt both Cooper and Warmack will both be available at pick 16. I also don't think it is a lock Warmack goes before Cooper either.

we shall see. There has been like one guard drafted in the top 20 in the last 10 years. So it would be very surprising to see both go.

Plus if they both did go I'd take Austin and then a S, OLB, RT and then take Warford in round 2.

At #22, my guess is that Elam, Ogletree, Eifert and Fluker could all be possibly be available. Unless something changes I don't think Vacarro even makes it to our first pick, he is the next Mark Barron, underrated by draft people and ends up going top 10. At worst he won't fall any farther then Miami in my opinion. I think Warford would make it to our second round pick but I don't know if he would be the best value there.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this was mentioned before or in another thread but:

I still wonder why Swearinger has 3rd and 4th round grades, is it because he is only considered as a FS? If he was a SS safety I think would be completing against Elam and be a 2nd round pick for sure. To me his skill set fits SS like a glove. Although I think he could play FS too.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
I think this was mentioned before or in another thread but:

I still wonder why Swearinger has 3rd and 4th round grades, is it because he is only considered as a FS? If he was a SS safety I think would be completing against Elam and be a 2nd round pick for sure. To me his skill set fits SS like a glove. Although I think he could play FS too.

I believe he goes in the second, which is about right.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
chris00cm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:

the rams offered the chiefs pick 33 for bowe
Says who?

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Matt Elam is really warming up to me. He is very athletic and is a difference maker on the defensive side of the ball! He would be a great additionif we decide to grab him at 22. ( which is his jersey number Very Happy )
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
I think Matt Elam is really warming up to me. He is very athletic and is a difference maker on the defensive side of the ball! He would be a great additionif we decide to grab him at 22. ( which is his jersey number Very Happy )

Welcome aboard the Elam train. There are very few passengers, so I hope your conversations are interesting. Future pro bowler.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

Welcome aboard the Elam train. There are very few passengers, so I hope your conversations are interesting. Future pro bowler.

I like Elam quite a bit. If he makes it to our 2nd round selection, he'd be a steal, but #22 is way too high for him. I say that because of the other talent available at safety.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much first round talent in round 1 at 16 & 22 to be spending it on Elam at 22.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Bryce Petty
4. Jameis Winston
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

Ill be on the train for at least 2 more months, and if he wearing navy blue and gold ill be on the train for years and years to come! Smile
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it I salivate. Letting Steven and Danny walk, although I love them both, could be a huge change for this team. Especially if we replace Danny with someone like Tavon. We instantly become a team with fast, athletic skill players.

Pead, Richardson, Givens, Austin is a lot of speed to cover for a defense.

I want to stay optimistic about Quick, but I am staying reserved on him until after his third season. If he really develops this team is going to be looking like a possible night mare to cover.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just imagine (unlikely) if we signed Wallace...

Wallace, Givens, Austin... Talk about speed.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Bryce Petty
4. Jameis Winston
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

Bro we get Tavon Austin this year. Then next year we get Marqise Lee USC. Talk about a dominant reciever corps. If both the Redskins and Rams dominate next year we can just trade up to get Lee to finally complete our wide reciever corps! We can just trade two first round picks to move up into the top 5 to get Lee!

Quick, Lee, Austin, Givens, Pettis
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Bro we get Tavon Austin this year. Then next year we get Marqise Lee USC. Talk about a dominant reciever corps. If both the Redskins and Rams dominate next year we can just trade up to get Lee to finally complete our wide reciever corps! We can just trade two first round picks to move up into the top 5 to get Lee!

Quick, Lee, Austin, Givens, Pettis
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yea, I'll pass. If we're moving into the top 5, it better be for someone like Clowney.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
asgardian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that everyone is on the Tavon Austin bandwagon now. I've had the pleasure of watching every game of his the past two years and am one of his biggest fans around.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 68 of 136

Jump to: