Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DistantRam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFF suggests that we should be aiming for Mohamed Massaquoi, Chris Clemons and Gosder Cherilus in free agency. None of them would be too expensive and that'd enable us to target other positions in the draft. Makes sense to me.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DistantRam wrote:
PFF suggests that we should be aiming for Mohamed Massaquoi, Chris Clemons and Gosder Cherilus in free agency. None of them would be too expensive and that'd enable us to target other positions in the draft. Makes sense to me.

Clemons would be a solid addition. Not keen on either of the others. Massaquoi is a lot like Gibson.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DistantRam wrote:

Clemons would be a solid addition. Not keen on either of the others. Massaquoi is a lot like Gibson.

I would way rather have Gibson than Massaquoi.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had no idea Derrick Washington was in this draft. Thought he was in jail, but apparently only spent four months in prison (was sentenced to five years)

I'd pick him up as a UDFA, see what he has, he was a pretty solid player for Mizzou like 5 years ago.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not draft related exactly, but I think we should look into signing George Wilson.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Had no idea Derrick Washington was in this draft. Thought he was in jail, but apparently only spent four months in prison (was sentenced to five years)

I'd pick him up as a UDFA, see what he has, he was a pretty solid player for Mizzou like 5 years ago.

That's news to me too. I liked him at Mizzou as well but this class is pretty deep at RB that I think there would be better UDFAs available. Though of course it would be of essentially no risk to bring him into training camp.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
jjab360

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a nice statistics article regarding this years WR's. Speaks on how overrated Keenan Allen is and why Patterson is regarded as highly as he is despite limited production. Couple of highlights:
Quote:
63.3% of Allenís passes were caught within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Only 3.33% of his passes were past 20 yards. A low for all WRs I looked at. This may not be a bad thing if his yards after the catch are good.

Quote:
Allenís numbers are not so superb. On average he caught the ball 4.57 yards from the LOS. This is 3 yards lower than the next wide receiver (Quinton Patton). Plus his yards after the catch is simply average.

Quote:
First off, Tyler Bray was just bad in terms of missing his wide receivers. However, Patterson was also targeted far less than a normal number 1. Had he been targeted at the same rate, he would have gained 549 yards, for a season total of 1327 yards. There were certainly be no questions about his production with those numbers.

Quote:
Surprisingly,†Hopkins was a major deep threat. This surprised me because I thought of Hopkins as a guy who ran a lot of curls and mid-range outside routes. We see that 70% of his catches were past 6 yards. The highest in the major WRs for this class, excepting Terrance Williams.

Quote:
today I found out Justin Hunter drops ~10% of his passes
Sad
http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/2/4/3952124/a-metrics-breakdown-of-patterson-allen-hopkins-and-bailey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
Here's a nice statistics article regarding this years WR's. Speaks on how overrated Keenan Allen is and why Patterson is regarded as highly as he is despite limited production. Couple of highlights:
Quote:
63.3% of Allenís passes were caught within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Only 3.33% of his passes were past 20 yards. A low for all WRs I looked at. This may not be a bad thing if his yards after the catch are good.

Quote:
Allenís numbers are not so superb. On average he caught the ball 4.57 yards from the LOS. This is 3 yards lower than the next wide receiver (Quinton Patton). Plus his yards after the catch is simply average.

Quote:
First off, Tyler Bray was just bad in terms of missing his wide receivers. However, Patterson was also targeted far less than a normal number 1. Had he been targeted at the same rate, he would have gained 549 yards, for a season total of 1327 yards. There were certainly be no questions about his production with those numbers.

Quote:
Surprisingly,†Hopkins was a major deep threat. This surprised me because I thought of Hopkins as a guy who ran a lot of curls and mid-range outside routes. We see that 70% of his catches were past 6 yards. The highest in the major WRs for this class, excepting Terrance Williams.

Quote:
Sad
http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/2/4/3952124/a-metrics-breakdown-of-patterson-allen-hopkins-and-bailey

Thanks, nice read. His article is judging WRs purely by statistical data, which I have always felt is a huge mistake. Like any other position, you truly get an idea of a WR's skill set by watching them play. There are just too many variables in the statistics.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could play devil's advocate to those stats and say that Allen struggled because of poor QB play, the same reason that you are saying Patterson should be a more impressive prospect. Also, what if Patterson wasn't targeted as much because he wasn't getting open because of poor route running.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two words to respond to the Kennan Allen article: Zac Maynard...

Having a QB who can't throw accurately down field at all and makes a lot of questionable decisions is definitely gonna skew your #'s...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
tim199009

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les snead says in interview with NFL network that stopping the pistol formation is the number one priority.

that means OLB now moves up on our draft board.

jarvis jones welcome to STL
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my ideal scenario would be for the Rams to select Lane Johnson/Chance Warmack at #16 and then trade pick #22 for an additional 2nd and 3rd rounder. Maybe even another 1st rounder in 2014. in 2007 the Cowboys got a 2nd rounder in 2007 and a 1st rounder in 2008 for the Browns to jump up from pick #36 to pick #22 to select Brady Quinn.

If we go Linebacker in the first round, I think I want Kevin Minter.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see us making a HUGE splash, maybe moving up in top 10 for a Jarvis Jones? Very Happy Very Happy

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Sad

Nothing in this speaks to much of anything. I think probably the most laughably bad part of it is when they implied that Keenan Allen's system and QB play were actually a positive.

This is precisely why film trumps stats...especially what he wrote about Hopkins.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
I can see us making a HUGE splash, maybe moving up in top 10 for a Jarvis Jones? Very Happy Very Happy

I truly hope not. That would be a terrible idea IMO. If we must take a OLB in the first, grab Ogletree where we are picking.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 57 of 136

Jump to: