Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
1. Keenan Allen
2. Terrance Williams
3. Tavon Austin
4. Markus Wheaton
5. Da'Rick Rogers

That's my top 5 right now. Tough choice for #5. Patterson, Hopkins, Patton and Hunter were in the running.

Thats a tough list for WR this year!
stlblackshirt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
1. Keenan Allen
2. Terrance Williams
3. Tavon Austin
4. Markus Wheaton
5. Da'Rick Rogers

That's my top 5 right now. Tough choice for #5. Patterson, Hopkins, Patton and Hunter were in the running.

Whoa I thought Terrance Williams was your favorite WR in this draft? You seeing the light?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
My Top 5 WR'S

1. Cordarrelle Patterson
2. Tavon Austin
3. Kennan Allen
4. Markus Wheaton
5. Justin Hunter/Terrance Williams

Sorry DEE lol, but I think Patterson is an absolute animal and freak. If we take a WR in the 1st I'd much rather Patterson or Austin but I won't cry if we get Allen.

Haha no worries bro youre entitled to think differently. This is a very talented WR class and wouldnt be mad at any of them.

My top 5:

1. Keenan Allen (obviously)
2. Terrence Williams
3. Cordelle Patterson
4. Robert Woods
5. Markus Wheaton

6. Justin Hunter
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlblackshirt wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
1. Keenan Allen
2. Terrance Williams
3. Tavon Austin
4. Markus Wheaton
5. Da'Rick Rogers

Whoa I thought Terrance Williams was your favorite WR in this draft? You seeing the light?

Seeing the light? No. Just bumped Allen back up to #1. Originally had him there then had Williams there for a month and decided to bump him back up there until the combine with Williams's route running needing so much improvement at the Senior Bowl.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Jonezy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched a bit of video on OG Jon Cooper and I must say, if we don't land Chance at 18, I want this kid at 22. Really strong Pass blocker.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Watched a bit of video on OG Jon Cooper and I must say, if we don't land Chance at 18, I want this kid at 22. Really strong Pass blocker.

I like Cooper and he will flourish in the right system. I don't think that system is ours though. He just isn't big enough and I question if he ever will be. If we needed a C though I love to pick him.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

I like Cooper and he will flourish in the right system. I don't think that system is ours though. He just isn't big enough and I question if he ever will be. If we needed a C though I love to pick him.
If we needed a Center, I would be all about Cooper, but with signing Wells, Cooper doesnt fit well as a Guard for us.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

If we needed a Center, I would be all about Cooper, but with signing Wells, Cooper doesnt fit well as a Guard for us.

For me, with Cooper, it's all about where he weighs in. I've heard some inconsistent things about his weight. But Cooper is a 4 year starter at LG. He'd have no issue playing LG for us and I'm not sure why you're even bringing up the Center position.

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

For me, with Cooper, it's all about where he weighs in. I've heard some inconsistent things about his weight. But Cooper is a 4 year starter at LG. He'd have no issue playing LG for us and I'm not sure why you're even bringing up the Center position.
Because everyone that watches him sees that he can be a Center. He is looked at as a Interior Line Prospect, not a Guard prospect. I actually think eventually Center will be his best position.

And unless you have us switching philosophies one year into Fishers tenure, then we can not have a finesse guard next to a finesse tackle. If we want to run over teams that doesnt work. He is not a mauler or a body mover inside, he is a protector and a shielder, his style of play is great for a ZBS, not for our scheme.
jjab360

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

This doesn't make any sense. You think a guy that never played C in college would be a good fit there for us but can't play LG where he spent his entire college career?

As to Cooper's weight, I think a lot of people are underestimating his size, I'd be shocked if he shows up at anything less than 305 lbs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

Because everyone that watches him sees that he can be a Center. He is looked at as a Interior Line Prospect, not a Guard prospect. I actually think eventually Center will be his best position.

And unless you have us switching philosophies one year into Fishers tenure, then we can not have a finesse guard next to a finesse tackle. If we want to run over teams that doesnt work. He is not a mauler or a body mover inside, he is a protector and a shielder, his style of play is great for a ZBS, not for our scheme.

I'm curious... where are all these maulers at on our offensive line? I think you're overestimating the size that Fisher expects in his linemen, you're talking about a guy whose running games' thrived with Jacob Bell and Jake Scott at LG.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

I'm curious... where are all these maulers at on our offensive line? I think you're overestimating the size that Fisher expects in his linemen, you're talking about a guy whose running games' thrived with Jacob Bell and Jake Scott at LG.

Exactly. Lunatic, you're far too close-minded and set on a specific skill-set that we have no idea if Fisher and co. values.

I mean, Robert Turner was slated to be our starting LG and he's a lightweight...they brought in Shelley Smith as well. Yea, they drafted Rok but I believe Boudreau said that he sees Rok as more of a RG.

IMO, Lunatic, you need to open up your mind to more possibilities.

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Exactly. Lunatic, you're far too close-minded and set on a specific skill-set that we have no idea if Fisher and co. values.

I mean, Robert Turner was slated to be our starting LG and he's a lightweight...they brought in Shelley Smith as well. Yea, they drafted Rok but I believe Boudreau said that he sees Rok as more of a RG.

Turner was brought in as a backup Center, and he was going to be the RG because Rok wasnt ready, not any other reason.

Im not close minded at all, Im just going off of their histories and the clear style we are trying to play with, and just completely ignoring skill set/schematic philosophy compatibility is a major mistake.

Its the biggest factor of draft day that people never account for and cant understand why their teams are passing on certain guys. We are a run first, ground & pound team that looks to have as many maulers as we can to dictate the LOS, not just protect it.

And Cooper has been looked at as a Guard/Center prospect since last year, his versatility is one of the things that make his so desirable for teams.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Turner was brought in as a backup Center, and he was going to be the RG because Rok wasnt ready, not any other reason.

Im not close minded at all, Im just going off of their histories and the clear style we are trying to play with, and just completely ignoring skill set/schematic philosophy compatibility is a major mistake.

Its the biggest factor of draft day that people never account for and cant understand why their teams are passing on certain guys. We are a run first, ground & pound team that looks to have as many maulers as we can to dictate the LOS, not just protect it.

And Cooper has been looked at as a Guard/Center prospect since last year, his versatility is one of the things that make his so desirable for teams.
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I don't think Fisher is tied to us being a run first team by any means. I'm sure he's open minded when it comes to that and we passed the ball quite a bit more last year than we ran it. If we add more playmakers, Givens/Quick/Pettis develop and Danny stays healthy we'll probably become even more pass heavy.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 54 of 136

Jump to: