Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeAndre Hopkins and Tavon Austin are my two favorite Receivers. I'd take them in the first round in a heartbeat.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopkins doesnt really offer greatness in any one category. Instead hes good in everything.

He drops passes, doesnt run the greatest route, isnt the most physical and doesnt have blazing speed.

Justin Hunter's draft status will depend on his combine and physical. Williams will go late first because he will probably only check in at 6'1 3/4" or something and wont run a 4.3 and doesnt have the greatest routes in the world but he has incredibly strong hands and plays like a track star on the field. Keenan Allen could fall depending on his 40 time but he is the most polished WR other than Woods. Cordelle Patterson is the one you want to look at if you are talking about crazy fluctuations in draft status. He could be the first WR taken or the 5th. The team who is going to take him will be a team who will fall in love with what he could become, which is a monster, but he could amount to nothing.

Point is, Hopkins is definitely a 2nd round prospect and any team who takes him before that is just stupid.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can weigh in on Justin Hunter.....that boy has game. Might be my favorite WR in this draft in terms of a guy to work outside of the numbers, stretch the field deep, and win one on one red zone battles.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lane Johnson, Markus Wheaton and Terrance Williams are having strong weeks at the Senior Bowl...*Pats self on the back* Laughing Wink

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Lane Johnson, Markus Wheaton and Terrance Williams are having strong weeks at the Senior Bowl...*Pats self on the back* Laughing Wink

Haha im looking forward to the senior bowl
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

So is Eric Fisher Cool

Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

I hears Williams is really struggling beating press and deep comeback routes, but that's cause he never really had to do wither at Baylor

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I hears Williams is really struggling beating press and deep comeback routes, but that's cause he never really had to do wither at Baylor
ANd from what Ive heard about Johnson thus far is that he is flashing and you can see his potential, but I wouldnt say he is having a "Strong Week" isnt really changing his draft stock at this point.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
I hear Williams is really struggling beating press and deep comeback routes, but that's cause he never really had to do wither at Baylor

Not really that shocked, although didn't think it was to this degree. He basically can't run anything but a vertical route...

He's gonna need time to develop into more than just a deep threat. Not sure I'd take him with either of our picks. Would love to have him fall to us in the 2nd though...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Cornbread5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Hopkins doesnt really offer greatness in any one category. Instead hes good in everything.

He drops passes, doesnt run the greatest route, isnt the most physical and doesnt have blazing speed.

Justin Hunter's draft status will depend on his combine and physical. Williams will go late first because he will probably only check in at 6'1 3/4" or something and wont run a 4.3 and doesnt have the greatest routes in the world but he has incredibly strong hands and plays like a track star on the field. Keenan Allen could fall depending on his 40 time but he is the most polished WR other than Woods. Cordelle Patterson is the one you want to look at if you are talking about crazy fluctuations in draft status. He could be the first WR taken or the 5th. The team who is going to take him will be a team who will fall in love with what he could become, which is a monster, but he could amount to nothing.

Point is, Hopkins is definitely a 2nd round prospect and any team who takes him before that is just stupid.

You don't think the fact that Hopkins is "good at everything" is reason enough for him to go in the first? Being good at everything and playing with that physical swagger is every reason the Rams should take him in the first. IMO, anyone who takes Williams in the first is just stupid.

The Rams two 1st rounders must be able to start day 1 and create mismatches consistently. Hopkins is that guy. Hopkins >> Williams any day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like Patterson Laughing

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
I still like Patterson Laughing

Almost every prospect is raw is at least some aspects, the main thing is can the coaching staff help develop the players skills further. There are a lot of underclassman in this draft.

I like Patterson too.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the reported guys that the Rams have meet with Monday & Tuesday:
Quote:
Andre Ellington -Not surprised at all, this is a guy who I have felt Fisher would gravitate toward this draft season
Xavier Nixon-Super inconsistant with great tools, Held up well against Jarvis Jones & Demontre Moore. Looks to be versitile.
Ezekial Ansah- This is a bit of a head scratcher, due dilligence or genuine interest?
Aaron Dobson-Love the smoothness of Dobson, & his freak athleticism/body control is very appealing.
Jack Doyle - Looking at upside/project TE seems is logical with Kendricks being the only NFL talent on our roster.
Will Davis- need more secondary depth. Looking at the guy leading the nation in Passes Defended is a good spot to start
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Will Davis- need more secondary depth. Looking at the guy leading the nation in Passes Defended is a good spot to start
[/quote]

I've had Will Davis in my last two mocks, so this is good to hear...

IDOG_det on the sig...
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

What is it that you love about Williams? I don't get it. I see several better prospects at his position. I have trouble deciding if I like Terrance more than DaRick or even Hopkins. I know that I like Hunter, Allen, and Ausitn more, although the latter shouldn't really be compared to most of the other names.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 43 of 136

Jump to: