Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
I've seen a couple mocks from well known sites having Terrance Williams fall in the second round to our pick and beyond. How ridiculous would it be to get him with our 2nd rounder?

Very ridiculous. Best WR in this class.

Agreed. But I feel like a lot of teams are going to have the top end of the WR class bunched together. Some might like Allen, some Hunter, Patterson, Austin, etc. I feel like one of the top guys has a chance to fall to our second rounder. Question is, do we want to gamble on that?

Yes.

If Justin Hunter or TW fall to our 2nd round pick I will cry tears of joy.

Chance Warmack and Lane Johnson in the 1st...then grab Justin Hunter or TW in the 2nd. where do I sign?

I can't remember a draft that had less talent at the top than this one. wouldn't bet on Chance Warmack being available at #16.

In the end, I think we could see a tackle taken at that spot, despite Fisher's track record of not drafting them highly.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
I've seen a couple mocks from well known sites having Terrance Williams fall in the second round to our pick and beyond. How ridiculous would it be to get him with our 2nd rounder?

Agreed. But I feel like a lot of teams are going to have the top end of the WR class bunched together. Some might like Allen, some Hunter, Patterson, Austin, etc. I feel like one of the top guys has a chance to fall to our second rounder. Question is, do we want to gamble on that?

Yes.

Chance Warmack and Lane Johnson in the 1st...then grab Justin Hunter or TW in the 2nd. where do I sign?

I can't remember a draft that had less talent at the top than this one. wouldn't bet on Chance Warmack being available at #16.

In the end, I think we could see a tackle taken at that spot, despite Fisher's track record of not drafting them highly.

While I agree it is lacking at the top, nothing will top Jason Smith's class in my mind. That class was terrible.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jarvis Jones fell outside the top 10 would you trade up to get him?

All speculation at this point but:

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php#jarvisjonesfall
ctp2124

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
If Jarvis Jones fell outside the top 10 would you trade up to get him?

All speculation at this point but:

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php#jarvisjonesfall

Depends on how much you have to give up and especially on his medical reports. My thinking is no though. If he falls outside the top 10 its because of medical reasons. Without medical issues, he is a legit top 3 player in this draft.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Would I run up to the podium and take him if he fell to our pick, you bet.

With our drafting luck, the spinal stenosis would flair up the first day of mini camp and put him on the PUP.

Either way, I want our two 1st rounders and see nobody I would want to trade them to move up and grab.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
No. Would I run up to the podium and take him if he fell to our pick, you bet.

With our drafting luck, the spinal stenosis would flair up the first day of mini camp and put him on the PUP.

Either way, I want our two 1st rounders and see nobody I would want to trade them to move up and grab.

I agree, but you could have said the same thing about Quinn a few years back too though. I didn't expect Quinn to make it to the 13 pick of the draft.

Had we not taken him, do you think he would have slid much further?
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Yes.

While I agree it is lacking at the top, nothing will top Jason Smith's class in my mind. That class was terrible.

Hindsight makes that draft class terrible, but in terms of how the players were viewed at the time, there were a few top notch prospects. This year there are none outside of Chance Warmack.

jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Hindsight makes that draft class terrible, but in terms of how the players were viewed at the time, there were a few top notch prospects. This year there are none outside of Chance Warmack.

Disagree completely.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Disagree completely.

Let me elaborate:

Aaron Curry-I was the only member of this forum not getting wet in the pants over the "best LB prospect in ten years."

Micheal Crabtree-Incredible collegiate production, incredible measurables, shined in the national spotlight, and only lasted as long as he did because he was dealing with a foot injury and there were questions about his attitude.

Matt Stafford-Clearly a top notch QB prospect.

Mark Sanchez-Many argued with me at the time that Sanchez was the better prospect. LOL.

There were 4 OTs that were mentioned as top ten considerations, B.J. Raji (a great NT prospect), and Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews, Jeremy Maclin, Percy Harvin......

How is that a bad first round? Rams fans just say that was a poor draft year because they want to justify how stupid of a pick that Jason Smith was. There were a few busts towards the top, but not shabby by any means.

Edit:How great would picks 16 and 23 have been in that draft?

jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Disagree completely.

Let me elaborate:

Aaron Curry-I was the only member of this forum not getting wet in the pants over the "best LB prospect in ten years."

Micheal Crabtree-Incredible collegiate production, incredible measurables, shined in the national spotlight, and only lasted as long as he did because he was dealing with a foot injury and there were questions about his attitude.

Mark Sanchez-Many argued with me at the time that Sanchez was the better prospect. LOL.

There were 4 OTs that were mentioned as top ten considerations, B.J. Raji (a great NT prospect), and Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews, Jeremy Maclin, Percy Harvin......

How is that a bad first round? Rams fans just say that was a poor draft year because they want to justify how stupid of a pick that Jason Smith was. There were a few busts towards the top, but not shabby by any means.

How was it a bad first round? Strictly as prospects:
Jarvis Jones >>> Aaron Curry
Star Lotulelei > BJ Raji
Luke Joeckel > Eugene Monroe
Matt Stafford > Geno Smith
Tyler Wilson >>> Mark Sanchez

There were a lot of busts at the top.

This WR class > that WR class and it's just as strong as the top. Michael Crabtree was way overhyped. He's the same type of prospect as Keenan Allen as far as I'm concerned. Very similar players.

The OT class was stronger but again, the 2009 class was not stronger at the top. It was fairly equal...but a lot more risky.

How great would 16 and 22 be in that draft? Not as good as they are in this draft.

STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very deep draft class. A record number of juniors declared this year.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Disagree completely.

Let me elaborate:

How was it a bad first round? Strictly as prospects:
Jarvis Jones >>> Aaron Curry
Star Lotulelei > BJ Raji
Luke Joeckel > Eugene Monroe
Matt Stafford > Geno Smith
Tyler Wilson >>> Mark Sanchez

There were a lot of busts at the top.

This WR class > that WR class and it's just as strong as the top. Michael Crabtree was way overhyped. He's the same type of prospect as Keenan Allen as far as I'm concerned. Very similar players.

The OT class was stronger but again, the 2009 class was not stronger at the top. It was fairly equal...but a lot more risky.

How great would 16 and 22 be in that draft? Not as good as they are in this draft.

You're kidding me with saying that Geno Smith is a superior prospect to Stafford...right?

I'm not sold on Joeckel being a better prospect than Monroe either, but Joeckel probably takes the edge.

Jarvis Jones has serious medical questions, and you seem to have forgotten just how coveted a prospect Curry was, again disagreed.

Star and Raji shouldn't be compared, they clearly play to two different positions.

If Tyler Wilson is a better prospect than Sanchez was, then why is he not mentioned in the top ten ever?

I'm sticking with my perception on this one. You're clearly using hindsight to weigh your opinions.

BTW-I think that 2002 takes the cake for worst first round talent in this millennium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_NFL_Draft

jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

You're kidding me with saying that Geno Smith is a superior prospect to Stafford...right?

You do realize my post says Stafford is better...right?

Quote:
Jarvis Jones has serious medical questions, and you seem to have forgotten just how coveted a prospect Curry was, again disagreed.

If you're disagreeing, you're full of it. Curry was...well...an equally hyped version of Manti Te'o. Jarvis Jones is a great pass rusher on top of having LB skills...thus he's better automatically. Pass rusher > 4-3 OLB

Quote:
Star and Raji shouldn't be compared, they clearly play to two different positions.

No, they don't. Star played 4-3 DT in college as did Raji. Raji has the ability to play NT and 5T in the NFL...as does Star. Star is the better prospect though.

Quote:
If Tyler Wilson is a better prospect than Sanchez was, then why is he not mentioned in the top ten ever?

Well:
1. He is.
and
2. He is.

He's even been mentioned as high as #1. He's a better prospect than Sanchez...that's for sure. More experience, stronger arm, similar stature and similar mobility.

Quote:
I'm sticking with my perception on this one. You're clearly using hindsight to weigh your opinions.

I'm not at all. I'm grading on how I ranked the 2009 class vs. this one.

2009 had a better OT class while this class has a VASTLY superior pass rushing class. At other positions, the majority of the top players are comparable.

The real difference was that Stafford was a better QB prospect and easier pick at #1 than Geno.

But once you got past Stafford, you had many of the same issues as this class. Except this class has better players in the mid 1st to 3rd range.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i may add to this debate... Shouldnt Joeckel be compared to Jason Smith rather than Monroe?...

But this class is much better than that class, I remember that there were definitely more "reaches" in that class where as the only reach when you put it on paper will be the Chiefs at number 1.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

You do realize my post says Stafford is better...right?

Quote:

If you're disagreeing, you're full of it. Curry was...well...an equally hyped version of Manti Te'o. Jarvis Jones is a great pass rusher on top of having LB skills...thus he's better automatically. Pass rusher > 4-3 OLB

Quote:

No, they don't. Star played 4-3 DT in college as did Raji. Raji has the ability to play NT and 5T in the NFL...as does Star. Star is the better prospect though.

Quote:

Well:
1. He is.
and
2. He is.

He's even been mentioned as high as #1. He's a better prospect than Sanchez...that's for sure. More experience, stronger arm, similar stature and similar mobility.

Quote:

I'm not at all. I'm grading on how I ranked the 2009 class vs. this one.

2009 had a better OT class while this class has a VASTLY superior pass rushing class. At other positions, the majority of the top players are comparable.

The real difference was that Stafford was a better QB prospect and easier pick at #1 than Geno.

But once you got past Stafford, you had many of the same issues as this class. Except this class has better players in the mid 1st to 3rd range.

I'm drinking and didn't realize that you were putting Stafford ahead of Geno.

I live in Arkansas, and I'm not sure Wilson is as good of a prospect as Sanchez was. I was down on Sanchez more so than others, but popular opinion thought more of Sanchez than it does for Wilson now. I'll sig bet you bet right now that Wilson doesn't go top ten, let alone top 5.

I love the depth of this class also, but we will fortunate to get two players that are the caliber of some fo the guys who went 15-25 in 2009. Here's a list:

Brian Cushing, Josh Freeman, Jeremy Maclin, Alex Mack, Percy Harvin, Micheal Oher.

I could see us landing similar talent at the LB, WR, and OT positions. Time will tell.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 41 of 136

Jump to: