Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjab360

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
El ramster wrote:
The thing with Keenan is that he looks slow lol.

I don't know what he's 40, Or He's a Hester esque player

where he seems to adapt to the defenders speed.

Right now I compare him to Vincent Jackson, Who is a dammmm

fine number 1 WR.

Slow? I dont know what youve seen but he is far from slow. He isnt a track speed guy and like jrry said will likely post a high 4.4 closer to 4.5 but he is football fast. He gets up field especially after the catch in a hurry.
I wouldn't say slow, but he's certainly not nearly as explosive as Hunter, IMO. Combine his track speed (I'd guess high 4.3s with Allen running mid 4.5s) with that long 6-4 frame, strong hands, and sharp routes and you've got a truly rare prospect.

As far as the mental lapses go, he hasn't had nearly as many as Julio had in his sophomore year, and he turned out alright. Talent usually wins out in the end, and having a great WR coach like Ray Sherman couldn't hurt. I honestly think we'd be making a huge mistake in Allen over Hunter, reminds me of some of the DX vs Pettis arguments I've had in the past. I'm not saying I won that argument, but if DX turns into a pro bowler for the Chargers, I think we'll regret not taking a chance on an immense talent.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keenan Allen looks Pro ready. Hunter is a raw prospect, We already have one in the making. We can't afford to draft another one.

The gamble is just too risky, For Sam's sake and Fishers.
We just don't have that luxury given the time.

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
jjab360

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Keenan Allen looks Pro ready. Hunter is a raw prospect, We already have one in the making. We can't afford to draft another one.

Outside of the occasional mental lapse, what makes Hunter so "raw" when compared to Allen? Avery was raw, Baldwin was raw, Quick was raw, Hill was raw. Hunter is an elite athlete running the same routes that will be expected of him in the NFL, who has been battling SEC CBs and winning most, if not all, of his battles. If Hunter is raw, then what exactly was Julio?

And BTW, I'd like to see Allen do something other than running the same underneath routes 90% of the time and playing small ball with his half-brother. We already have Amendola for that, we need a big play threat and somebody to win jump ball situations in the red zone.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Outside of the occasional mental lapse, what makes Hunter so "raw" when compared to Allen? Avery was raw, Baldwin was raw, Quick was raw, Hill was raw. Hunter is an elite athlete running the same routes that will be expected of him in the NFL, who has been battling SEC CBs and winning most, if not all, of his battles. If Hunter is raw, then what exactly was Julio?

And BTW, I'd like to see Allen do something other than running the same underneath routes 90% of the time and playing small ball with his half-brother. We already have Amendola for that, we need a big play threat and somebody to win jump ball situations in the red zone.

Allen runs all kinds of routes... The main reason he mostly runs shorter routes is because Cal's oline sucks and Allen if excellent after the catch and turns a hitch into 25 yards

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Julio beat PP and great CB's often in Alabama. Julio posted some insane combine Numbers with a fractured foot. Julio Jones not only had production on a running offense but had incredible measurables. Everyone knew Julio was a top 10 pick, Hunter for all we know could be a second rounder.

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:

That's the issue, you're judging a guy on something he can't control. They run a WCO style offense which has Allen run a lot of slants, curls, drags and out routes(sounds like our offense). However, I've seen Allen torch guys on skinny posts, fades and corner routes. In fact, his brother holds him back. I've watched quite a few Cal games over the last couple years. This year, I've seen Maynard misfire on at least 6 20+ yard passes where Allen had separation.

The thing is that even knowing what Allen will be running, no one stops him. He consistently gets open. And when they do send him deep, he often gets open on those routes.

Allen is a do it all player. He can contribute on every route on the tree already, he's a red-zone threat with great sideline and field awareness and he catches almost everything(dropped some passes last year but definitely improved this year). On top of that, he has impressive burst, great YAC ability and already shows route running ability far ahead of where most others are. He has deadly double moves which will only get better.

I love Justin Hunter. He was my #1 WR for a long time but he hasn't quite been the same guy this year yet. That's understandable with the ACL injury but at this point in time, Keenan Allen is the better player.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

That's the issue, you're judging a guy on something he can't control. They run a WCO style offense which has Allen run a lot of slants, curls, drags and out routes(sounds like our offense). However, I've seen Allen torch guys on skinny posts, fades and corner routes. In fact, his brother holds him back. I've watched quite a few Cal games over the last couple years. This year, I've seen Maynard misfire on at least 6 20+ yard passes where Allen had separation.

The thing is that even knowing what Allen will be running, no one stops him. He consistently gets open. And when they do send him deep, he often gets open on those routes.

Allen is a do it all player. He can contribute on every route on the tree already, he's a red-zone threat with great sideline and field awareness and he catches almost everything(dropped some passes last year but definitely improved this year). On top of that, he has impressive burst, great YAC ability and already shows route running ability far ahead of where most others are. He has deadly double moves which will only get better.

I love Justin Hunter. He was my #1 WR for a long time but he hasn't quite been the same guy this year yet. That's understandable with the ACL injury but at this point in time, Keenan Allen is the better player.

These guys are both excellent players. I've only seen Hunter pre-ACL, but either of these guys could help us tremendously.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter could help alot but in the future. While Allen or Woods would help NOW

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

Woods isn't really a guy in this conversation imo.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

He should be but i respect your opinion.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woods reminds me of Blackmon as a prospect.

I think Allen and Hunter are above Woods as a prospect. Allen can run any route and looks polished and Hunter just based off potential alone.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Woods reminds me of Blackmon as a prospect.

I think Allen and Hunter are above Woods as a prospect. Allen can run any route and looks polished and Hunter just based off potential alone.

Woods is much more polished than Blackmon, and Woods plays in a pro style offense where he does alot more than Blackmon ever did. He is more explosive and quick as well. Blackmon is much more physical and might have better hands but Woods like I said IMO is a better prospect than Blackmon, not to the same level as Allen though.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

He should be but i respect your opinion.

To me, Woods is in the tier below Allen, Hunter and TW.

Jonezy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta move up and get Geno Smith, tired of losing with Bradford

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Jonezy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was a joke by the way , thought i'd get some late night trolling in while Blaine Gabbert teaches me how to throw a comeback.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of a WR 1st round unless it's Keenan Allen IMO. Gotta get OL for sure, after that I'll take Safety or Outside Linebacker

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 3 of 136

Jump to: