Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

81_80_39_28_10 wrote:
I'm not so sure we take a WR in the first round. If we take one, what does that say about Brian Quick? They just took him at the top of the 2nd round last year and are already giving up on him?

I wouldn't mind a WR in the first round but I don't think they go that route.

I don't think it would be any discredit to Quick. Quick isn't a true #1 receiver, but has potential to be a top end #2, so if we can get a #1 (ala Keenan Allen) then go for it and we should be set for a long time

^El Ramster^
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
Quick isn't a true #1 receiver, but has potential to be a top end #2, so if we can get a #1 (ala Keenan Allen) then go for it and we should be set for a long time

I don't think we can make that assessment yet, remember this a guy who Les Snead compared his skill-set to Terrell Owens'...

He was drafted to become an elite target...

IDOG_det on the sig...
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
Quick isn't a true #1 receiver, but has potential to be a top end #2, so if we can get a #1 (ala Keenan Allen) then go for it and we should be set for a long time

I don't think we can make that assessment yet, remember this a guy who Les Snead compared his skill-set to Terrell Owens'...

Allen has made a career off of playing slot at cal in 3/4 WR sets and it would be really nice to have Givens/Quick on the outside with Allen in the slot. With 21 personnel being a Allen at the 1 and Quick/Givens rotating at the 2. I am fully aware that 21 personal and the "1&2" talk have nothing to do with eachother.
jjab360

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

Allen has made a career off of playing slot at cal in 3/4 WR sets and it would be really nice to have Givens/Quick on the outside with Allen in the slot. With 21 personnel being a Allen at the 1 and Quick/Givens rotating at the 2. I am fully aware that 21 personal and the "1&2" talk have nothing to do with eachother.

No thanks. Danny is an awesome slot guy, one of the best in the league, no reason to take another one in the first round. Give me somebody explosive like Hunter, Hopkins, or Patterson. Those are my first, second, and third favorite choices at WR right now, BTW.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

No thanks. Danny is an awesome slot guy, one of the best in the league, no reason to take another one in the first round. Give me somebody explosive like Hunter, Hopkins, or Patterson. Those are my first, second, and third favorite choices at WR right now, BTW.

Everyone who's a Tennessee fan hates Hunter, they say he drops the ball and isn't that good. I like Patterson tho kid is a beast and would make an immediate impact on PR/KR
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

I like Allen, Hunter and TW in Round 1. If we don't go WR in Round 1, I want Markus Wheaton.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

Did I say to stop using danny? Never. But in situations where danny is hurt, which is most of the time and/or he retires. All im saying is Allen has the ability to play slot and play it well.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you guys think if we went Jake Matthews and Chance Warmack in round one?
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
What would you guys think if we went Jake Matthews and Chance Warmack in round one?

Then grab Markus Wheaton and Tony Jefferson on defense.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:

IMO if it was me I would choose Lewan over Matthews. But i love Warmack big time. I think if Allen is available when either one of the picks are up then they gotta pull the trigger. I really dont think they will decide to snag 2 OL in round 1. I think it would be stupid not to take Warmack considering the glaring need at LG and an elite prospect at that position coming out and projected to be there right where the picks are supposed to be.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:

Then grab Markus Wheaton and Tony Jefferson on defense.

jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:

Not sure. Depends on what we do with WR in FA.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:

Best OT and OG in the darft, I wouldn't mind one bit...

IDOG_det on the sig...
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

Best OT?... Debatable.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

Best OT?... Debatable.

Not to me...

Wink

IDOG_det on the sig...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 14 of 136

Jump to: