Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
You are completely right, there was a couple plays specifically however where he was man on a fairly big and physical TE and had perfect coverage on a seam route and just could not make the play due to his size. Again, perhaps I am scarred for life, but that Patriots game makes me real critical on safeties... Probably too critical.

I'm just trying to think if he would really be an upgrade from what we have now, or at least enough of an upgrade worthy of a 2nd-4th draft choice?

I would be perfectly content however with Reid late in the first or early in the second should he be there.

Yes, he would be an immense upgrade.

And I'd rather have a safety who can stick with anyone in coverage that might get outmuscled/outsized by a TE(and really what safety can match up to Gronk's size and strength) then a guy who can't stick with anyone but has superior size.

I think Jefferson will be available in the late 1st or 2nd and I'd personally take him over any safety in this class.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I mean bottom line I rank both Reid and Jefferson over McDonald. There are other safeties I looked at like Lester and Rambo... not that impressed with them either.

On another note, who do you like more for OL jrry? I'm having a hard time between Lewan and Warmack. I keep going back and forth, but ultimatly I think I'd have to take Warmack.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Yeah, I mean bottom line I rank both Reid and Jefferson over McDonald. There are other safeties I looked at like Lester and Rambo... not that impressed with them either.

On another note, who do you like more for OL jrry? I'm having a hard time between Lewan and Warmack. I keep going back and forth, but ultimatly I think I'd have to take Warmack.

Warmack. Rambo is overrated. Shawn Williams, his teammate, is better.

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Big fan of Williams. But some people jumped all over that bandwagon trying to say he is a 1st rounder. Where would you put him at right now?
fatz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a p l a y e r t h a t y o u w o u l d t r a d e b a c k i n t o t h e f i r s t r o u n d f o r?
stlblackshirt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Sorry, I disagree. Rambo might be near the top of these safeties in terms of pass coverage. Granted, he is a bit inconsistent overall but his skill set is unlike anything the Rams have on the roster. He'd be great against seem routes and taking away the deep ball. Character concerns are going to push him down. In the 3rd round, he'd have better value than Reid in the 1st. Reid's play this year has been disappointing.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatz wrote:
Is there a p l a y e r t h a t y o u w o u l d t r a d e b a c k i n t o t h e f i r s t r o u n d f o r?

If you promised to never type like that again, I would give up our 3rd round pick.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlblackshirt wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Sorry, I disagree. Rambo might be near the top of these safeties in terms of pass coverage. Granted, he is a bit inconsistent overall but his skill set is unlike anything the Rams have on the roster. He'd be great against seem routes and taking away the deep ball. Character concerns are going to push him down. In the 3rd round, he'd have better value than Reid in the 1st. Reid's play this year has been disappointing.

Rambo misses tackles, takes poor angles and disappears for long stretches. He's a center-fielder who will make some big plays especially if there's a bad throw but he's not really that great of a safety.

Mid rounder.

StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Big fan of Williams. But some people jumped all over that bandwagon trying to say he is a 1st rounder. Where would you put him at right now?

2nd

jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
All I know is that Justin Hunter needs to be a part of this team. He's basically a more athletic, less refined AJ Green, and quite frankly I think Keenan Allen pales in comparison.

Disagree entirely. Hunter scares me. Great athlete but has had some concentration lapses and hasn't quite taken that huge step I expected this year. I'll give him a chance to finish the year off strong though.

However, Allen is every bit a top 15 pick at WR. Far superior to Blackmon. He's actually pretty similar to AJ Green. He's a silky smooth, tall, lanky WR with great hands that consistently gets separation and has great game speed/burst but will likely post right around a 4.48 to a 4.50 in terms of timed speed.

However, his hands and body control aren't quite AJ amazing but he's better than AJ when it comes to YAC, guy has great balance which allows him to both break tackles and make players miss in the open field.

I really like Allen. If he were on a better team, he'd be getting a crazy amount of hype. He's in a system that doesn't best take advantage of his skills with a QB who struggles hitting him down the field. Still, it's just ridiculous how often he's open. Seems almost uncoverable at times.

He's also a smart player who works well with his QB.

Allen is really looking good to me. Polished WR prospect that has it all in terms of skill-set. Looks like a true #1 in the NFL to me. Hunter is a lot more risky as a prospect.

Wr80

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
All I know is that Justin Hunter needs to be a part of this team. He's basically a more athletic, less refined AJ Green, and quite frankly I think Keenan Allen pales in comparison.

Disagree entirely. Hunter scares me. Great athlete but has had some concentration lapses and hasn't quite taken that huge step I expected this year. I'll give him a chance to finish the year off strong though.

However, Allen is every bit a top 15 pick at WR. Far superior to Blackmon. He's actually pretty similar to AJ Green. He's a silky smooth, tall, lanky WR with great hands that consistently gets separation and has great game speed/burst but will likely post right around a 4.48 to a 4.50 in terms of timed speed.

However, his hands and body control aren't quite AJ amazing but he's better than AJ when it comes to YAC, guy has great balance which allows him to both break tackles and make players miss in the open field.

I really like Allen. If he were on a better team, he'd be getting a crazy amount of hype. He's in a system that doesn't best take advantage of his skills with a QB who struggles hitting him down the field. Still, it's just ridiculous how often he's open. Seems almost uncoverable at times.

He's also a smart player who works well with his QB.

Allen is really looking good to me. Polished WR prospect that has it all in terms of skill-set. Looks like a true #1 in the NFL to me. Hunter is a lot more risky as a prospect.

I've been studying Allen (first player I've been studying) and he looks monstrous. I think he is the best WR prospect out of this draft and last draft. He has the size and the speed and separation. This kid is a true #1 and he'll be the go to guy for Sam. If Quick comes together we'll have a #1 and #2 and with Danny a #3 slot option to really open this offense up.
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with Keenan is that he looks slow lol.

I don't know what he's 40, Or He's a Hester esque player

where he seems to adapt to the defenders speed.

Right now I compare him to Vincent Jackson, Who is a dammmm

fine number 1 WR.

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

fine number 1 WR.

Slow? I dont know what youve seen but he is far from slow. He isnt a track speed guy and like jrry said will likely post a high 4.4 closer to 4.5 but he is football fast. He gets up field especially after the catch in a hurry.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
El ramster wrote:

fine number 1 WR.

Slow? I dont know what youve seen but he is far from slow. He isnt a track speed guy and like jrry said will likely post a high 4.4 closer to 4.5 but he is football fast. He gets up field especially after the catch in a hurry.

I'm thinking he runs a 4.6

4.4 is Chris Givens status.

mozwanted wrote:
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

Givens ran a 4.3 at the combine...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Givens ran a 4.3 at the combine...

100% sure he was clocked at 4.44-4.46

It was said that he could run in the 4.3's

edit.. It has him at 4.37 But I remember him clocking at 4.4's

mozwanted wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 2 of 136

Jump to: