Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A tele-Graham for his doubters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Not a whole lot of star power there.

I wouldnt be shocked if that was one of the better lists of players taken at a spot in the past 10 years.

Can't comment on Warren, but Evans was never great. Brown was a good tackle for New Orleans? Wimbley had a good rookie year, but sort of fell of the map, was pretty good as a pass rusher for Raiders, Carriker was bad for Rams but pretty good for Redskins, Stewart is good underused, Orakpo good, Graham could be solid/good, Fairley could go either way and same with floyd

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
PuppyMcNabb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see he's improving but he's always been good at chasing people down..

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
I think some people have just been struggling to come to grips with the fact that the Eagles didn't really choose as poorly as they thought (wanted them to, really) in the early rounds of that draft.

It may not be this year, but Graham will be a starting DE for the Eagles. He may not be a perennial all-pro or anything, but he will be a solid player for years. Same thing I have been predicting since day 1.

Oh and Allen > Thomas so far in their careers. Razz

But but but ,he's not JPP! I agree wholeheartedly with the exception I think he still has the ability once deemed the starter and getting the reps to be a legit DE and all pro.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 6 Gm/ 27 Rec/ 445 Yds/ 4 TD/ 16.5 YPC/
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't need to be JPP or Mario Williams. He plays as low as it possible to play his pad level is as low as a RB at 275 lbs built like a brick house with the speed of a linebacker.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
TheKingDP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
I think some people have just been struggling to come to grips with the fact that the Eagles didn't really choose as poorly as they thought (wanted them to, really) in the early rounds of that draft.

It may not be this year, but Graham will be a starting DE for the Eagles. He may not be a perennial all-pro or anything, but he will be a solid player for years. Same thing I have been predicting since day 1.

Players taken directly after Brandon Graham in the 1st round of the 2010 draft:

13th - Brandon Graham (DE - PHI)
14th - Earl Thomas (S - SEA)
15th - Jason Pierre-Paul (DE - NYG)
16th - Derrick Morgan (DE - TEN)
17th - Mike Iupati (G - SF)
18th - Maurkice Pouncey (C - PIT)
19th - Sean Witherspoon (LB - ATL)
20th - Kareem Jackson (CB - HOU)
21st - Jermaine Gresham (TE - CIN)
22nd - Demaryius Thomas (WR - DEN)

The Eagles COMPLETELY BLEW the Brandon Graham pick. No if's, and's, or but's about it. You could have thrown a dart at a dart board and received a better player than Brandon Graham. Of the 9 draft picks listed here, I would EASILY take any of the 9 listed players over Brandon Graham any day of the week, and it's not even close. Yes, I would even take Derrick Morgan over Brandon Graham.

And Earl Thomas is so much better than Nate Allen, I'm going to discount that last part as sarcasm.
TheKingDP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite my lambasting of the Eagles organization for blowing yet another high draft pick, I don't think Brandon Graham is necessarily a bad player going forward. In fact, the only part that REALLY bothers me about Brandon Graham is his peers from the 2010 NFL Draft. Also, the fact that we left an All-World DE on the board in JPP and a Pro Bowl S in Earl Thomas when Safety is STILL a glaring need going forward doesn't help my opinion of Brandon Graham. Looking at Brandon Graham strictly as a player, I think he has potential to have a few 5-8 sack seasons when he puts it all together, but you need the 10+ sacks JPP will provide from the 12th pick in the draft. At this point in his career, Brandon Graham needs to put together two or three 10+ sack seasons for me to even consider him a good draft pick in 2010. Anything less than that, he will ALWAYS be in JPP's (incredibly huge) shadow. That's not saying he won't ever be a "solid starter" but for real guys, Juqua Parker/Thomas/Whatever-his-name-is was a "solid starter". Brandon Graham couldn't even carry his jock at this point in his career.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKingDP wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

The Eagles COMPLETELY BLEW the Brandon Graham pick. No if's, and's, or but's about it. You could have thrown a dart at a dart board and received a better player than Brandon Graham. Of the 9 draft picks listed here, I would EASILY take any of the 9 listed players over Brandon Graham any day of the week, and it's not even close. Yes, I would even take Derrick Morgan over Brandon Graham.

And Earl Thomas is so much better than Nate Allen, I'm going to discount that last part as sarcasm.

There are maybe three or four players on that list better than Graham right now. There were damn few Eagles fans who though JPP was anything more than a workout warrior.

And Thomas has not been that good while Allen is a top ten cover safety in the league. This is not conjecture or opinion.

Basically everything you posted here was wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

There are maybe three or four players on that list better than Graham right now. There were damn few Eagles fans who though JPP was anything more than a workout warrior.

And Thomas has not been that good while Allen is a top ten cover safety in the league. This is not conjecture or opinion.

JPP, Maurkice Pouncey and Mike Iupati are the only ones that have been playing lights up really since they were drafted.
TheKingDP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

There's atleast 6 on that list better than Graham right now. Graham hasn't started an NFL game yet. I'm so glad that the Eagles fans who thought JPP was a workout warrior actually run the NFL draft. Eagles picked an "undersized speedball" over a physical specimen. They blew the draft pick. Period.

Nate Allen is not a top ten cover safety in the league. Nate Allen isn't even a top ten cover safety in the NFC. Not even close. Want to know what else is worse than that? Guess who was picked ONE PICK LATER than Nate Allen? TJ Ward from Cleveland, whom is light years ahead of Nate Allen against the run and the pass. Eagles blew the 2010 draft so bad it's not even funny. Nate Allen is a scrub. He only looks important because his back-ups are Colt Anderson and David Sims. It's friggin pathetic. This team is a train wreck and it's because of poor drafting led by examples such as Brandon Graham, and Nate Allen. This is not conjecture or opinion.

Basically everything you said was wrong.
TheKingDP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
JPP, Maurkice Pouncey and Mike Iupati are the only ones that have been playing lights up really since they were drafted.

The players that would have immediately made this team better from Day One are as follows:

13th - Brandon Graham (DE - PHI) - 0 NFL starts
14th - Earl Thomas (S - SEA) - Pro Bowler
15th - Jason Pierre-Paul (DE - NYG) - All-Pro
16th - Derrick Morgan (DE - TEN) - Accomplished as much as Graham (nothing)
17th - Mike Iupati (G - SF) - Top 10 Guard in the NFL. Two words: Danny Fireman.
18th - Maurkice Pouncey (C - PIT) - Middle of the road C that still possesses more talent in his left pinky than any Center the Eagles trotted out there in the past 3 seasons.
19th - Sean Witherspoon (LB - ATL) - Above average OLB. Plays physical. Has 4x as many sacks as Brandon Graham from the LB position.
20th - Kareem Jackson (CB - HOU) - Abused his first 2 years in the NFL, but has developed into a starting-calibur CB. I'll even issue a "gimme on this one"
21st - Jermaine Gresham (TE - CIN) - Mediocre TE
22nd - Demaryius Thomas (WR - DEN) - Would currently be your #1 WR on this team.

Yeah. They traded up for him.

#GoldStandard

Edit: I also understand the saying "Hindsight is 20/20" but Brandon Graham hasn't started a game in 2 1/2 seasons. His contributions to this team are as follows: Nothing. We traded up to get 2 1/2 seasons of absolutely nothing. I haven't ever liked the pick, but that doesn't exactly qualify me as a GM. Theres only one clear point here: Helen friggin Keller could have made a better selection in that 2010 first round.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't make a hindsight list and forget to mention the Eagles needs at that time/draft. They acquired "at that time" the #2 rated DE (behind Morgan not JPP) and the unquestioned #2 Safety in the draft by numerous draft experts. The only reason you can make a list like you did of supposed players better is NONE of those players (except Pouncy which OC was not a priority) have had a major injury to missed either part of a season or and entire one. I'll say this once again. Had the Eagles drafted JPP and or Thomas and as a Eagle they too were unlucky enough to sustain the same amount of set backs while the other two Allen and Graham stayed healthy. You would be having the same exact conversation in regards to all 4 players but in reverse! The only thing the Eagles are guilty of is the unfortunate nature of drafting multiple players over the years who sustain major injuries at some point in their first few seasons.

Buck
McDougal
Andrews
Abirimiri
Bradley
Graham
Allen

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 6 Gm/ 27 Rec/ 445 Yds/ 4 TD/ 16.5 YPC/
oland11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
The only thing the Eagles are guilty of is the unfortunate nature of drafting multiple players over the years who sustain major injuries at some point in their first few seasons.

Buck
McDougal
Andrews
Abirimiri
Bradley
Graham
Allen

It stinks because ALL of these players if they never got injured could have been dominant players at their position.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nate Allen is not a top ten cover safety in the league. Nate Allen isn't even a top ten cover safety in the NFC.

I don't understand why some people think Nate Allen is bad, he's been fine. The safety next to him is a big question mark, though.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate Allen is amazing and can do no wrong. #goldstandard.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Nate Allen is amazing and can do no wrong. #goldstandard.

I think you're joking[can never tell with you], but it seems he is always getting some sort of hate from our fan-base, which is undeserved.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: