Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A tele-Graham for his doubters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheKingDP


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 562
Location: illadelph
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Lets all look at it this way. We could be in a worse spot without Nate Allen. So we should be grateful we even have an above-average safety.


Yeah, we could have Macho Harris, Quintin Demps, and Sean Jones instead of Nate Allen, Colt Anderson, and David Sims.

Or just Earl Thomas if we didn't have a front office that outsmarted everyone...including themselves.


Lets say we did take Earl Thomas, Which takes out the need for a safety in the second(Nate Allen) Then we could have drafted:
Koa Misi,
Torrell Troup,
Gronk,
Sergio Kindle,
Lamarr Houston,
Zane Beadles,
Linvall Joseph,
Daryl Washington,
Jimmy Clausen,
Javier Arenas,
Toby Gerhart,
Jason Worilds,
Jeremaine Cunningham,
Carlos Dunlap
Etc.

Not many of those guys are stud pass rushers....Not to mention we drafted DTN in the next round. Laughing (Except Dunlap)


Players drafted after DTN in 3rd round:
86. Daniel Teo-Nesheim (DE - PHI)
87. Eric Decker (WR - DEN)
88. Andre Roberts (WR - ARI)
91. Navarro Bowman (ILB - SF)
93. Tony Moeaki (TE - KC)
95. Jimmy Graham (TE - NO)

The Eagles completely blew the 2010 Draft horrifically.. Don't tell me they didn't need a TE or WR either because they picked Clay Harbor in the 4th round & Riley Cooper in the 5th round. Instead of improving this roster, they blew their wad on another undersized DE.

We let go of two guys who had 10+ sacks to waste draft picks on Brandon Graham and DTN instead of Earl Thomas & Anyone not named DTN. Heck, we even paid quadruple to get Babin back after his season in Tennessee. This is just a small example (among millions of others) why we must bring in the bulldozers and turn this place into a parking lot. From the top to the bottom. Clean house.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22114
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell you what KDP ,you're the King of the hindsight that's for sure. I'm sure you had everyone of the 2 dozen players you've listed rated higher then Graham or Allen. Hidden gems are found throughout every draft. Finding all of them in retrospect and playing the what if game is a joke. At that time what the Eagles did in the first two rounds was widely viewed as a success by most experts. Guarantee everyone of those experts could not foresee both players sustaining major injuries in their Rookie season. Thus effecting their overall production in the past 2 1/2 years when compared to others.
_________________


Last edited by Nabbs4u on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7647
Location: "This game is over!" - Chuck Bednarik
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKingDP wrote:
We let go of two guys who had 10+ sacks to waste draft picks on Brandon Graham and DTN instead of Earl Thomas & Anyone not named DTN.


Who the hell is that? Darrin Howard and Chris Clemons?
_________________
NCAA Division III WLAX Event Supervisor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexM23


Joined: 03 Jan 2011
Posts: 8038
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always cringe when I see the list of players we should have taken in any particular year. Hindsight baby!
_________________

Kiltman on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKingDP


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 562
Location: illadelph
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Tell you what KDP ,you're the King of the hindsight that's for sure. I'm sure you had everyone of the 2 dozen players you've listed rated higher then Graham or Allen. Hidden gems are found throughout every draft. Finding all of them in retrospect and playing the what if game is a joke. At that time what the Eagles did in the first two rounds was widely viewed as a success by most experts. Guarantee everyone of those experts could not foresee both players sustaining major injuries in their Rookie season. Thus effecting their overall production in the past 2 1/2 years when compared to others.


Earl Thomas is not a hindsight pick. It was the correct pick at the time. Brandon Graham never was the correct pick. The Eagles outsmarted themselves once again.

Nate Allen was another horrible pick. There was huge DE depth in the 2010 draft. We knew this before the draft even occured. Everyone knew Nate Allen was a question mark physically. Everyone knew Earl Thomas was not.

Reaching on an undersized DE in DTN in Round 3, who played a grand total of ZERO meaningful snaps before being released while there are 5 players in the NEXT NINE DRAFT PICKS who are major contributors on teams is not called "having the benefit of hindsight", its called blowing the friggin draft. Especially when that player you reached on contributes absolutely nothing to the team before being released. Jaiquan Jarrett anyone?

This roster is a joke and you can point DIRECTLY to the putrid drafting this team has done. We're the new Washington Redskins with all of these free agency band-aids. It's quickly becoming theater-of-the-absurd.


Last edited by TheKingDP on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKingDP


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 562
Location: illadelph
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:
We let go of two guys who had 10+ sacks to waste draft picks on Brandon Graham and DTN instead of Earl Thomas & Anyone not named DTN.


Who the hell is that? Darrin Howard and Chris Clemons?



We released Jason Babin who went on to have 12.5 sacks in Tennessee before we re-signed him at quadruple the cost the next season.

We traded Chris Clemons to Seattle who went on to have 10.5 sacks the next season.

We then reached on an undersized DE in the first & third rounds of the draft who have contributed a grand total of 5.5 sacks in their 4 combined seasons in Eagles' uniforms.

Still wonder why this roster is in complete shambles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7647
Location: "This game is over!" - Chuck Bednarik
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKingDP wrote:
oland11 wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:
We let go of two guys who had 10+ sacks to waste draft picks on Brandon Graham and DTN instead of Earl Thomas & Anyone not named DTN.


Who the hell is that? Darrin Howard and Chris Clemons?



We released Jason Babin who went on to have 12.5 sacks in Tennessee before we re-signed him at quadruple the cost the next season.

We traded Chris Clemons to Seattle who went on to have 10.5 sacks the next season.

We then reached on an undersized DE in the first & third rounds of the draft who have contributed a grand total of 5.5 sacks in their 4 combined seasons in Eagles' uniforms.

Still wonder why this roster is in complete shambles?


Personally, I wanted to keep Clemons. And you weren't very clear in your wording. You just said who had 10+ sacks. You didn't really specify when.
_________________
NCAA Division III WLAX Event Supervisor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKingDP


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 562
Location: illadelph
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:
oland11 wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:
We let go of two guys who had 10+ sacks to waste draft picks on Brandon Graham and DTN instead of Earl Thomas & Anyone not named DTN.


Who the hell is that? Darrin Howard and Chris Clemons?



We released Jason Babin who went on to have 12.5 sacks in Tennessee before we re-signed him at quadruple the cost the next season.

We traded Chris Clemons to Seattle who went on to have 10.5 sacks the next season.

We then reached on an undersized DE in the first & third rounds of the draft who have contributed a grand total of 5.5 sacks in their 4 combined seasons in Eagles' uniforms.

Still wonder why this roster is in complete shambles?


Personally, I wanted to keep Clemons. And you weren't very clear in your wording. You just said who had 10+ sacks. You didn't really specify when.


Reading it now, I wasn't very clear. I made a long post around page 5 or 6 in this thread, but I guess it was one of them essays no one ever actually read.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22114
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:
oland11 wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:
We let go of two guys who had 10+ sacks to waste draft picks on Brandon Graham and DTN instead of Earl Thomas & Anyone not named DTN.


Who the hell is that? Darrin Howard and Chris Clemons?



We released Jason Babin who went on to have 12.5 sacks in Tennessee before we re-signed him at quadruple the cost the next season.

We traded Chris Clemons to Seattle who went on to have 10.5 sacks the next season.

We then reached on an undersized DE in the first & third rounds of the draft who have contributed a grand total of 5.5 sacks in their 4 combined seasons in Eagles' uniforms.

Still wonder why this roster is in complete shambles?


Personally, I wanted to keep Clemons. And you weren't very clear in your wording. You just said who had 10+ sacks. You didn't really specify when.


It's because he couldn't be more clear. Neither player at that time had ever produced 10+ sacks with the Eagles. Just because they did it with another team, scheme and defense means absolutely nothing. As Eagles the production wasn't there to justify keeping. I just wished both players had stayed healthy so true judgements when compared to others could be made. Doing so in hindsight after suffering major injuries is rediculous IMO. As I said before "had we taken Thomas and or JPP and they too were unlucky enough to sustain the same set backs and Allen/BG stayed healthy you'd be having the same exact conversation but in reverse".
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5583
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKingDP wrote:
Earl Thomas is not a hindsight pick. It was the correct pick at the time. Brandon Graham never was the correct pick. The Eagles outsmarted themselves once again.


Perhaps you'd care to explain this?
Could it be that the Eagles were rebuilding their defensive line at the time? They had Trent Cole and...Daryl Tapp and Juqua Parker...

Perhaps Graham was undersized? 260+ lbs...pretty standard sized for an NFL DE.

Perhaps it was his NCAA leading TFLs?

Maybe it was him being a team captain and respected by his teammates?

Perhaps it was him standing out every time Michigan played that year?

Now wait. I know! It was his skillset fitting the mold of a classic 4-3 LDE.

Quote:
Nate Allen was another horrible pick. There was huge DE depth in the 2010 draft. We knew this before the draft even occured. Everyone knew Nate Allen was a question mark physically. Everyone knew Earl Thomas was not.


What huge DE depth? You must not remember that draft well.

Allen was also considered more physical than Earl coming out. Watch video of him @ Texas. He was primarily an ankle tackler.

Quote:
Reaching on an undersized DE in DTN in Round 3, who played a grand total of ZERO meaningful snaps before being released while there are 5 players in the NEXT NINE DRAFT PICKS who are major contributors on teams is not called "having the benefit of hindsight", its called blowing the friggin draft. Especially when that player you reached on contributes absolutely nothing to the team before being released. Jaiquan Jarrett anyone?


What's interesting is how intriguing people found DTN at first. His video from Washington was impressive. And he was 260+ lbs. Not undersized. He was a miss. It happens...A LOT in the draft.

Also, you fail to account for system. Babin sucked for the Eagles when he was here the first time. So did Clemons. Both were poor schematic fits and were able to find their niche the next place they went. The Eagles changed the system, brought Babin back, and wala! He puts up an absurd number of sacks. Amazing isn't it?

You are, without question, the king of hindsight. All your posts are completely based on it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48180
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks and touchdowns are a pretty dismal barometer for judging a player's success.

We couldn't stop the run, neither Clemens nor Babin were good for it.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7346
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:
Earl Thomas is not a hindsight pick. It was the correct pick at the time. Brandon Graham never was the correct pick. The Eagles outsmarted themselves once again.


Perhaps you'd care to explain this?
Could it be that the Eagles were rebuilding their defensive line at the time? They had Trent Cole and...Daryl Tapp and Juqua Parker...

Perhaps Graham was undersized? 260+ lbs...pretty standard sized for an NFL DE.

Perhaps it was his NCAA leading TFLs?

Maybe it was him being a team captain and respected by his teammates?

Perhaps it was him standing out every time Michigan played that year?

Now wait. I know! It was his skillset fitting the mold of a classic 4-3 LDE.

Quote:
Nate Allen was another horrible pick. There was huge DE depth in the 2010 draft. We knew this before the draft even occured. Everyone knew Nate Allen was a question mark physically. Everyone knew Earl Thomas was not.


What huge DE depth? You must not remember that draft well.

Allen was also considered more physical than Earl coming out. Watch video of him @ Texas. He was primarily an ankle tackler.

Quote:
Reaching on an undersized DE in DTN in Round 3, who played a grand total of ZERO meaningful snaps before being released while there are 5 players in the NEXT NINE DRAFT PICKS who are major contributors on teams is not called "having the benefit of hindsight", its called blowing the friggin draft. Especially when that player you reached on contributes absolutely nothing to the team before being released. Jaiquan Jarrett anyone?


What's interesting is how intriguing people found DTN at first. His video from Washington was impressive. And he was 260+ lbs. Not undersized. He was a miss. It happens...A LOT in the draft.


Also, you fail to account for system. Babin sucked for the Eagles when he was here the first time. So did Clemons. Both were poor schematic fits and were able to find their niche the next place they went. The Eagles changed the system, brought Babin back, and wala! He puts up an absurd number of sacks. Amazing isn't it?

You are, without question, the king of hindsight. All your posts are completely based on it.




Laughing the bolded....
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5583
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:
Earl Thomas is not a hindsight pick. It was the correct pick at the time. Brandon Graham never was the correct pick. The Eagles outsmarted themselves once again.


Perhaps you'd care to explain this?
Could it be that the Eagles were rebuilding their defensive line at the time? They had Trent Cole and...Daryl Tapp and Juqua Parker...

Perhaps Graham was undersized? 260+ lbs...pretty standard sized for an NFL DE.

Perhaps it was his NCAA leading TFLs?

Maybe it was him being a team captain and respected by his teammates?

Perhaps it was him standing out every time Michigan played that year?

Now wait. I know! It was his skillset fitting the mold of a classic 4-3 LDE.

Quote:
Nate Allen was another horrible pick. There was huge DE depth in the 2010 draft. We knew this before the draft even occured. Everyone knew Nate Allen was a question mark physically. Everyone knew Earl Thomas was not.


What huge DE depth? You must not remember that draft well.

Allen was also considered more physical than Earl coming out. Watch video of him @ Texas. He was primarily an ankle tackler.

Quote:
Reaching on an undersized DE in DTN in Round 3, who played a grand total of ZERO meaningful snaps before being released while there are 5 players in the NEXT NINE DRAFT PICKS who are major contributors on teams is not called "having the benefit of hindsight", its called blowing the friggin draft. Especially when that player you reached on contributes absolutely nothing to the team before being released. Jaiquan Jarrett anyone?


What's interesting is how intriguing people found DTN at first. His video from Washington was impressive. And he was 260+ lbs. Not undersized. He was a miss. It happens...A LOT in the draft.


Also, you fail to account for system. Babin sucked for the Eagles when he was here the first time. So did Clemons. Both were poor schematic fits and were able to find their niche the next place they went. The Eagles changed the system, brought Babin back, and wala! He puts up an absurd number of sacks. Amazing isn't it?

You are, without question, the king of hindsight. All your posts are completely based on it.




Laughing the bolded....


It's 100% true.

Allen wasn't considered a "physical" guy, but Thomas was an ankle tackler. He looked like Asante Samuel trying to play safety. Truthfully, I though he might be better of switching to CB in the NFL.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 11885
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, you fail to account for system. Babin sucked for the Eagles when he was here the first time. So did Clemons. Both were poor schematic fits and were able to find their niche the next place they went.


You fail to account for the coaching staff being unable to develop talent on the roster. From Clemons, to Gocong, to Brandon Gibson, to Danny Amendola, to Joe Mays, the list goes on and on.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5583
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
Also, you fail to account for system. Babin sucked for the Eagles when he was here the first time. So did Clemons. Both were poor schematic fits and were able to find their niche the next place they went.


You fail to account for the coaching staff being unable to develop talent on the roster. From Clemons, to Gocong, to Brandon Gibson, to Danny Amendola, to Joe Mays, the list goes on and on.


You want to explain how that relates?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group