Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quarterback 2013?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should the Quarterback be in 2013?
Kevin Kolb
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
John Skelton
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Ryan Lindley
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Draft (specify which one below)
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Kolb and am a supporter of his, but when i project a QB early its because im trying to be realistic due to the financial aspect. A lot of this process does have to do with the HC. If the team free falls then i see Whiz fired and maybe the new HC will want to draft his own QB.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I like Kolb and am a supporter of his, but when i project a QB early its because im trying to be realistic due to the financial aspect. A lot of this process does have to do with the HC. If the team free falls then i see Whiz fired and maybe the new HC will want to draft his own QB.

It will be interesting to see who Horton prefers if he is indeed the guy. His D goes against Kolb/Skelton in practice and knows them better than anyone. If it's Chip Kelly it'll be lefty #7. Cool (and I'm not talking about Matty)

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

It will be interesting to see who Horton prefers if he is indeed the guy. His D goes against Kolb/Skelton in practice and knows them better than anyone. If it's Chip Kelly it'll be lefty #7. Cool (and I'm not talking about Matty)

Why assume just becasue Chip runs a spread O in college that he wants to bring that to the NFL?

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/07/25/college-football-oregon-ducks-chip-kelly-penn-state-tampa-bay/

Quote:
How much would you have to change your offense? Or does it translate to the NFL?:

“I think some does. No one can be married to one thing, because it’s all personnel-driven. You can say, ‘Hey, we’re going to do this.’ It’s like the Denver Broncos. What John Fox did in Denver with Tim Tebow was outstanding because he looked at what he had for a player and said, ‘Hey, we’re going to run this.’ Now, all of a sudden, they have Peyton Manning and they’re not going to run the same plays. … It’s a personnel-driven game and I think the coaches that are the best at it can adapt their systems to the NFL.”

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Why assume just becasue Chip runs a spread O in college that he wants to bring that to the NFL?

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/07/25/college-football-oregon-ducks-chip-kelly-penn-state-tampa-bay/

Quote:
How much would you have to change your offense? Or does it translate to the NFL?:

“I think some does. No one can be married to one thing, because it’s all personnel-driven. You can say, ‘Hey, we’re going to do this.’ It’s like the Denver Broncos. What John Fox did in Denver with Tim Tebow was outstanding because he looked at what he had for a player and said, ‘Hey, we’re going to run this.’ Now, all of a sudden, they have Peyton Manning and they’re not going to run the same plays. … It’s a personnel-driven game and I think the coaches that are the best at it can adapt their systems to the NFL.”

Explosiveness is Kelly's offensive identity. I'm not saying the system would be identical to Oregon but his QB's have to at least be a threat to hit the edge to keep defenders honest on the read option. Your QB has the be dangerous throwing outside the pocket as well. If Chip makes the jump he'll go to Philly and win Shady an MVP.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Quote:

Explosiveness is Kelly's offensive identity. I'm not saying the system would be identical to Oregon but his QB's have to at least be a threat to hit the edge to keep defenders honest on the read option. Your QB has the be dangerous throwing outside the pocket as well. If Chip makes the jump he'll go to Philly and win Shady an MVP.

What tells you Chip will run the read-option in the NFL? From all I have heard he has said he will not run the read option in the NFL. It is about Personnel.

It does not mean that he will not want to maintain an explosive and fast paced offense, but Chip is not going to run the Read-Option in the NFL, especially not as a base offense. It will change. His NFL offense will resemble the Patriots offense or the Saints (No Huddle) offense more than most.

Lots of snaps, lots of fast explosive players on the field, no huddle, simple plays executed to perfection quickly.

DirtyDez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd expect something like the Skins offense this year. What would we sell Chip on to come here? Well besides money...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
I'd expect something like the Skins offense this year. What would we sell Chip on to come here? Well besides money...

We have tremendous receiving talent. Both Roberts and Fitz will push for 1000 yards this season.

Michael Floyd has terrific potential as does Housler. I'd put our receiving core up against anyone who's looking for a new headcoach.

Now, if he wants a franchise QB...

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
We have tremendous receiving talent. Both Roberts and Fitz will push for 1000 yards this season.

Michael Floyd has terrific potential as does Housler. I'd put our receiving core up against anyone who's looking for a new headcoach.

He has the opportunity to go out and get his own.

DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

There's only a couple realistic options... Our current QB's or 2-3 guys in
the draft.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

There's only a couple realistic options... Our current QB's or 2-3 guys in
the draft.

But still it gives a new coach a chance to go out and get his QB.

DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know i just think JV's point was it's very difficult to find one. Coaches have gone their entire careers without having a franchise QB.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
I know i just think JV's point was it's very difficult to find one. Coaches have gone their entire careers without having a franchise QB.

Never said it was easy. Just saying that we are a team out there that will unequivocally give you the chance to find a QB you like.

Some others might not give you that chance when they hire you as a coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: