Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I'm not sure how well Montgomery will fit in a 3-4. I don't think Bernard should go that early. I love Barr.
3/4 of them won't go that early. I see Bernard as a late 1st/early 2nd. Barr is my man crush. I hope we trade down for him or trade up with our 2nd round pick.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
Chance Warmack, Terrance Williams, Bjoern Woerner, Damontre Moore. Any of those guys at number 1 and i am happy.

Bray is our second rounder though
Agree with you bro. I'd advise you to take a look at Barr & Patterson. Two guys to keep your eye on.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
I'm not sure how well Montgomery will fit in a 3-4. I don't think Bernard should go that early. I love Barr.
3/4 of them won't go that early. I see Bernard as a late 1st/early 2nd. Barr is my man crush. I hope we trade down for him or trade up with our 2nd round pick.

I love Barr. I think his draft stock rises a lot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
I'm not sure how well Montgomery will fit in a 3-4. I don't think Bernard should go that early. I love Barr.
3/4 of them won't go that early. I see Bernard as a late 1st/early 2nd. Barr is my man crush. I hope we trade down for him or trade up with our 2nd round pick.

I love Barr. I think his draft stock rises a lot.
No doubt. Question is will he return. If he does I will cry Crying or Very sad I think he would be a Top 10 pick next year.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
I'm not sure how well Montgomery will fit in a 3-4. I don't think Bernard should go that early. I love Barr.
3/4 of them won't go that early. I see Bernard as a late 1st/early 2nd. Barr is my man crush. I hope we trade down for him or trade up with our 2nd round pick.

I love Barr. I think his draft stock rises a lot.
No doubt. Question is will he return. If he does I will cry Crying or Very sad I think he would be a Top 10 pick next year.

It wouldn't shock me if he goes in or near the top 10 this year. I think he will wow at the Combine and at workouts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MP


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 1708
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade 10th overall pick to the Cowboys for the 18th pick and 80th pick overall. Cowboys trade up for another elite pass rusher [Moore or Jones]

18- Chance Warmack - Just adding him allows our running game to get going again, a real need this offseason.
41- Justin Hunter - His height and physicality is something that we really need on the perimeter. With the carousel of WR's we've had, it's nice to get some stability. Hill and Hunter moving forward would be awesome.
72- Tyler Bray - Reminds me of the Ryan Mallett scenario, big time QB with a big arm that falls in the draft. Let him sit and learn and take over one day.
80- Brandon Jenkins - Certainly rolling the dice on him, but when healthy one of the more impressive pass rushers in this draft.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP wrote:
Trade 10th overall pick to the Cowboys for the 18th pick and 80th pick overall. Cowboys trade up for another elite pass rusher [Moore or Jones]

18- Chance Warmack - Just adding him allows our running game to get going again, a real need this offseason.
41- Justin Hunter - His height and physicality is something that we really need on the perimeter. With the carousel of WR's we've had, it's nice to get some stability. Hill and Hunter moving forward would be awesome.
72- Tyler Bray - Reminds me of the Ryan Mallett scenario, big time QB with a big arm that falls in the draft. Let him sit and learn and take over one day.
80- Brandon Jenkins - Certainly rolling the dice on him, but when healthy one of the more impressive pass rushers in this draft.


Why would we pass on Moore?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jpt331


Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 520
Location: Sandwhich on the Sig
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade down from pick 10 to pick 14 and pick up a 3rd and 5th

1: Anthony Barr DE/LB UCLA
2: Eddie Lackey RB Alabama
3: Scott Crichton DE/LB Oregon State
3: Tyler Bray QB Tennessee
4: Gable Jackson OG Mississippi state
5: Marquess Wilson WR Washington State
5: Xavier Nixon OT Florida
6: Mike Williams TE Alabama
7: Bruce Taylor MLB Virginia Tech
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpt331 wrote:
Trade down from pick 10 to pick 14 and pick up a 3rd and 5th

1: Anthony Barr DE/LB UCLA
2: Eddie Lackey RB Alabama
3: Scott Crichton DE/LB Oregon State
3: Tyler Bray QB Tennessee
4: Gable Jackson OG Mississippi state
5: Marquess Wilson WR Washington State
5: Xavier Nixon OT Florida
6: Mike Williams TE Alabama
7: Bruce Taylor MLB Virginia Tech

Love Barr. Jackson and Wilson aren't bad. Don't think Bray declares. Don't like the rest, especially Lacy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MP


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 1708
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Why would we pass on Moore?


I know I'm in the minority, but I believe that he will be much better in a 4-3 scheme. I really see him having a John Abraham like career. I think far to many people are expecting him to be Von Miller, understandable considering it was the same school and all. I realize that he did play LB already, but he looks so much better at the end position.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32726
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP wrote:
green24 wrote:

Why would we pass on Moore?


I know I'm in the minority, but I believe that he will be much better in a 4-3 scheme. I really see him having a John Abraham like career. I think far to many people are expecting him to be Von Miller, understandable considering it was the same school and all. I realize that he did play LB already, but he looks so much better at the end position.


Sean Porter is more like Von Miller. Moore is not like Von. And Abraham could have easily made a living at OLB, I think he would have made a better OLB than DE.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
MP wrote:
green24 wrote:

Why would we pass on Moore?


I know I'm in the minority, but I believe that he will be much better in a 4-3 scheme. I really see him having a John Abraham like career. I think far to many people are expecting him to be Von Miller, understandable considering it was the same school and all. I realize that he did play LB already, but he looks so much better at the end position.


Sean Porter is more like Von Miller. Moore is not like Von. And Abraham could have easily made a living at OLB, I think he would have made a better OLB than DE.
Exactly. Pretty much said perfectly.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of DE/OLB tweeners prefer hands down pass rusher simply because it is easy to get it done without worrying about coverage assignment.

4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB or hybrid. It does not matter because sack machine is what Jets need to brag about. Moore should not be passed by. PERIOD.




Anyway..


Why don't Jets get cute with the Cromartie power?


Trading Revis to whoever.

Signing Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

Drafting Marcus Cromartie as a late rounder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jpt331


Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 520
Location: Sandwhich on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade down from 14 to high 20s to pick up a 3rd and a 6th

1: Ziggy Ansah DE/LB BYU
2: Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech
3: Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia
3: Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi State
4: Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
5: Mike Buchanan DE/LB Illinois
6: Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio State
6: Alex Hurst OT LSU
7: Zach Boren FB Ohio State

(Anthony Barr would be 1st pick but I feel he's going to stay 1 more year)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW YORK JETS

Blue = Absolutely Untouchable
Orange = Acquired Via Trade
Green = Difficult To Get
Red = On The Block
Italic = 2011/2012 Draft Pick
Violet = 2013 Draft Pick

OFFENSE:(24)

QB: Michael Vick; Tyler Bray; Greg McElroy
RB: Richard Mendenhall; Bilal Powell; Joe McKnight; Kenjon Barner
WR: Cordarrelle Patterson; Steve Breaston;
WR: Stephen Hill; Chaz Schilens
WR: Jeremy Kerley; Drew Terrell
TE: Dustin Keller; Jeff Cumberland; Konrad Reuland
LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson; John Wetzel
LG: Chance Warmack; Hugh Thornton
C: Nick Mangold; Caleb Schlauderaff
RG: Brandon Moore; Hugh Thornton
RT: Austin Howard; John Wetzel

DEFENSE:(26)

LDE: Muhammad Wilkerson; Anthony McCloud
NT: Kendrick Ellis; Damon Harrison
RDE: Quinton Coples; Mike Devito
OLB: Tamba Hali; Ricky Sapp; Jeremiah Attaochu
WLB: Demario Davis; Marcus Dowtin
MLB: David Harris; Nick Bellore
OLB: Sean Porter; Garrett McIntyre
DRP: Chris Clemmons
CB1: Darrelle Revis; Kyle Wilson; Aaron Berry
CB2: Antonio Cromartie; Ellis Lankster; Isaiah Trufant
S: Yeremiah Bell; Josh Bush
S: Quinton Mikell; Antonio Allen

SPECIAL TEAMS:(3)

K: Nick Folk
P: Robert Malone
H: Robert Malone
PR: Drew Terrell; Kenjon Barner
KR: Joe McKnight; Kenjon Barner
LS: Tanner Purdum

DRAFT PICKS:(9)
1[Dolphins]: Chance Warmack
2: Cordarrelle Patterson
3: Tyler Bray
3[Bears]: Sean Porter
4: Jeremiah Attoachu
5: Kenjon Barner
6[Steelers]: John Wetzel
6[Packers]: Hugh Thornton
7[Cardinals]: Anthony McCloud
7[Packers]: Drew Terrell
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 6 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group