Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this quick 7 rounder. I'm gonna assume we lose Keller, Greene, B. Moore and Landry (all the higher priced guys) for this mock and don't make any trades. All those players are going to be expensive to keep and I don't want to overpay mediocre players. I'm play this as a lost year setting us up for the future. Losing these guys frees up space to keep Revis. Didn't address the QB but a vet will be brought in to compete (Garrard, Moore, Tavaris Jackson, etc.).

1st - Dion Jordan (OLB) - Like his all around ability to rush and cover. Needs to add about 10 lbs but a good prospect to nab at #9.

2nd - Matt Elam (S) - I think he's best suited for SS but could be a stop gap FS until we can move him over to SS. Hopefully we can land a true ballhawk FS maybe next year. I think he'd be a top 15 pick if he was a bit taller so grabbing him here is great value.

3rd - Travis Frederick or Barrett Jones (OG) - Could really go either way cause I like the versatility of both men. Both can play almost any position on the line so take your pick here. Jones might be able to handle a OT position while Frederick might be an inside guy only. Either way I think one of these guys would be a solid starting RG for next year and be backups to the rest of the line with their versatility to move around.

4th - Andre Ellington (RB) - Randle could be a good option here as well but I like Ellington's big play ability. He can catch as well and while not an every down back him and Powell should be able to handle the load splitting time. Since we are no longer G&P the smaller guys should be able to handle the work load while also being receiving threats. No more useless RB's with no big play abilities or receiving woes.

5th - Levine Toilolo (TE) - Just a massive TE at 6'7" 265. He's got very soft hands and with his frame should be able to improve his blocking with a few added lbs. He was able to beat out an early TE pick last year in Fleener until he hurt his knee. There are questions about his durability and blocking which is why he slips this far. With his frame and hands he's worth taking a chance on as he could develop into a nice red zone target and blocker with some time.

6th - Quanterus Smith (OLB) - Injuries have lowered his stock which is why we take a shot. He's got the size and ability to be a stand up OLB in our system so bring him in to compete for the other OLB spot with Sapp and McIntyre. Could be a steal in the late rounds.

7th - Lonnie Pryor (FB) - We don't have a capable FB on this roster. Prior is a a bit undersized for a lead blocker but where he helps even more is his receiving. Can be a receiving factor at FB giving our QB a dump down outlet if in trouble. The more guys you need to worry about the better. With some added weight could be a solid starter for us as a duel threat FB.

Props to Mack on the sig
KBS756

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Pryor pick, he seems to be a pretty dynamic full back in terms of having some play making ability. He is more HB then FB though
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't have a problem with the talent you picked. But I don't want 2 defensive players with our first two picks unless we make the right moves during free agency.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I really don't have a problem with the talent you picked. But I don't want 2 defensive players with our first two picks unless we make the right moves during free agency.

Yeah I didn't want to go there either with 2 defensive guys but 4 of the 7 are offensive players. Could always go RB in the second and S in the 4th. Make the switch there so we bring in an offensive guy.

With all the talent we aren't bringing back Keller, Landry, Moore, Greene should free up some space (since I didn't address FA) to bring in a WR or something like that to upgrade the offense since I didn't address it early on in the draft.

If we brought in a second tier WR (ala Olgletree, Breston, Tate or one of the Giants WR (Barton/Hixon). . .etc) then we definitely address the offense while still taking 2 defensive guys in the first two rounds. We add WR, RB, O-line, TE, and FB to the offense. The defensive will at least be solid (outside of a ballhawk FS, a NT upgrade, and another passrusher) and we can continue the transition on offense with a QB/WR next year in the first two rounds. It can't all be handled in one offseason, just too many holes.

Props to Mack on the sig
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I keep forgetting about this thread. facepalm/
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone think Colt McCoy can be a decent option at QB?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tojEHVSTHhg

Won't cost much to trade for and would only have to pay him 2.3 mill on his current contract. If he is released, still won't cost much. Pretty much a low risk situation.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

Won't cost much to trade for and would only have to pay him 2.3 mill on his current contract. If he is released, still won't cost much. Pretty much a low risk situation.

Nah! Ryan Nassib is better.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I think we'll end up trading/signing a QB and drafting a QB.

I mentioned Colt because the options for a QB seem to be getting worse by the second. lot of rumors are saying that the Browns are high on Matt Moore, we can't get in a bidding war with them if that is true. Then that leaves us with trading a pick for Alex Smith or Flynn or sign Jason Campbell.

Colt could be brought in for cheap along with a drafted QB.

Quote:
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I mentioned Colt because the options for a QB seem to be getting worse by the second. lot of rumors are saying that the Browns are high on Matt Moore, we can't get in a bidding war with them if that is true. Then that leaves us with trading a pick for Alex Smith or Flynn or sign Jason Campbell.

Browns switch to Coryell offense so Colt is out of question. Browns could cut him once they got Matt Moore.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Browns switch to Coryell offense so Colt is out of question. Browns could cut him once they got Matt Moore.

But if cut, would you consider him as a decent option to compete with Mark and a draft pick? I'm not high on him, but just looking for more options that can potentially beat out Mark, but won't cost much.

Quote:
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will need to cut Tebow and McElroy to make it work.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to create a mock tonight. I think that if Foles is available for a 3rd like Chris Mortensen says, we should snag him.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuts: Jason Smith, Eric Smith, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Tebow, Sione Pouha

Re-Signings- Austin Howard (2 year deal), Yeremiah Bell (1 year deal), Cumberland (2 year deal), Nick Folk (2 year deal), Sapp (1 year deal), Mauga (1 year deal)

Walk: Landry, Keller, Greene

Free Agents:
RB-Cedric Peerman- I would love to get Felix Jones, but we need to fill a lot of holes with not a lot of money. Peerman could be a great, cheap option. He only had 39 carries last year, but averaged over 7 yards per carry as a change of pace back. He could bring the same energy to us as a backup for Bilal, but also excel in a WCO with his speed and good hands out of the backfield.

FB-Corey McIntyre-We need a solid FB desperately. Unfortunately, the draft is weak in this category. Most of the FB's are hybrid RB's/FB's (such as Zach Line). Corey is a vet who could help us immediately. Sign him to a 2 year deal.

TE-Anthony Fasano- A solid vet who is a strong blocker, yet decent as a receiver as well. Sign him to a two year deal.

OLB-Shaun Phillips-We need an OLB desperately and Shaun Phillips happens to be a solid pass rusher as well. Shaun will be 32 at the start of the season, but is still very effective. He could be a great option on a 2 year contract and shouldn't be too expensive (unlike Barwin, Kruger, Specer, etc.). Not a long-term fix, but a short-term fix.

OLB-Sergio Kindle-We need to find cheap talent and man would I love Kindle. I loved Kindle coming out of Texas, but an unfortunate set of injuries has led to little to no production in Baltimore. Will come cheap and could be a good one year option for the Jets.

CB-Marcus Trufant- Marcus provides some veteran depth behind Wilson. Idzik is bound to bring some guys over from Seattle and Marcus could be a solid addition. He'll join his brother in NY on a one year contract.

Trades:

-Jets trade Revis to the Bucs for their 2013 1st and 3rd and a conditional 4th in 2014 (can go as high as a 2nd depending on performance)

-Jets trade there 3rd and 6th round picks to the Eagle for Nick Foles. Rumor has it that a 3rd will get it done, but with AZ going after Foles and having a better 3rd rounder, the 6th could be a sweetener. I'm high on Foles who played in Marty's system last year and I think he could be the young QB we are seeking. I'm not sure if he'd beat Sanchez out in camp, but would eventually start later in the seasonfor the Jets.

Round 1: Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon- Great range and should be a great addition to our LB corp for years to come. I'm torn between him or Jarvis. Jarvis is definitely more pro-ready, but his injury is a little scary.

Round 1 (from TB)- Coradelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee- My gut feeling is that when the combine is all said and done, Coradelle may be a top 10 pick. With that said, if he makes it to this pick, the Jets should snag him. Big play ability and a great addition to a weak WR corp.

Round 2 : Larry Warford, G, Kentucky-We need to improve our offensive line and Warford could be a great addition. Brandon Moore and Slauson are most likely gone, so we need to add another lineman.

Round 3 (from TB): Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State-With Tim McDonald being the new dbacks coach, it's inevitable that either Phillip Thomas or TJ McDonald will end up here. My hopes are that Thomas will be our guy.

Round 4: Dion Sims, TE, Michigan State- One of my favorite guys in the draft, Dion will be a great addition to our TE corp. He should be a great fit for the WCO and could play in the slot as well.

Round 5: Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford- We need to add another young back. I don't think McKnight will crack the rotation, even with the WCO. Stepfan is good out of the backfield and a solid runner. May not be a star in the league, but could be another good option for the Jets.

Round 7: Dustin Hopkins, K, FSU- I hate Nick Folk with a passion. Hopkins could come in and compete with him in camp. We'll still sign Nick to a one year deal, but hopefully Hopkins will beat him out in camp.

QB-Sanchez, Foles, McElroy
RB- Powell, Peerman, Taylor, McKnight
FB-McIntyre
WR1-Holmes, Patterson
WR2-Kerley, Hill
TE-Fasano, Sims, Cumberland
LT-D'Brick
LG-Ducasse
C-Mangold
RG-Warford
RT-Hunter

LE-Coples
NT-Ellis
RE-Wilkerson
OLB-Jordan, McIntyre
ILB-Harris
ILB-Davis
OLB-Phillips, Kindle
CB1-Cro, Trufant
CB2-Wilson, Lankster
S-Bell, Allen
S-Thomas, Bush

K-Hopkins
P-Malone
kilahchris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot see why the Jets would give up a 3rd and 6th round pick for Nick Foles. A guy who might not even win the starting job. We have to many holes to be playing the trade picks for an unproven QB game
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New fraking draft with Revis and Holmes staying put from Lone QJ.

1.9- OLB Jamie Collins, Southern Miss.
2.39- LG Kyle Long, Oregon.
3.72- OT David Quessenberry, San Jose State.
4.103- FS Josh Evans, Florida.
5.134- TE Jake Stoneburner, Ohio State.
6.168- OLB Michael Buchanan, Illinois.
7.199- QB Ryan Walsh Griffin, Tulane.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: