Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie Campbell of WalterFootball.com has a new mock.


Quote:
11. New York Jets: Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon

The Jets have a lot of needs. Among them is a pass-rushing outside linebacker, and Jordan would be a good fit in New York's system.

Jordan has been playing outside linebacker this year and has done well as a defender in space. He has demonstrated the athletic ability to drop into pass coverage as well as rush the quarterback off the edge. Jordan (6-7, 243) has 44 tackles, 10.5 tackles for a loss, five sacks, three forced fumbles and a pass swatted entering Oregon's bowl game. He is a raw prospect with upside.

Jordan was a tight end early in his college career before switching to defensive end in 2010. He had 34 tackles and 5.5 tackles for a loss as a sophomore. Jordan made real strides in 2011 and produced a lot more with 42 tackles, 13 tackles for a loss and 7.5 sacks. The junior was a First-Team All-Pac-12 selection.

Quote:
41. New York Jets: Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

The Jets have to find a long-term starter, and Bray has the physical skill set to be a difference-maker in the NFL.

Bray had a bunch of uneven games this season. He was repeatedly hurt by dropped passes, but also had some shaky decision-making. Some games, he was dominant with jaw-dropping throws, and other times, he looked completely lost. The junior completed 59 percent of his passes this year for 3,612 yards, 34 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

Bray completed 59 percent of his passes as as sophomore in 2011, totaling 1,983 yards with 17 touchdowns and six interceptions. He had a hand/thumb injury that caused him to miss five games and hurt him down the stretch. Bray completed 55.8 percent of his passes as a freshman for 1,849 yards with 18 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.

Bray (6-6, 210) has a great physical skill set with a cannon for an arm, good size and pocket presence. He needs to improve his footwork to help become a more accurate quarterback. If Bray gets good, stable coaching in the NFL, he could develop into something special.

Quote:
75. New York Jets: Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State

The Jets need an upgrade at running back.

Bell (6-2, 238) has run well this year, amassing 1,648 yards rushing (4.7 average) and 11 touchdowns. He also has 29 receptions for 145 yards. Bell had a massive opener against Boise State to carry the Spartans to a victory. He has run well in zone-blocking plays and has shown superb skills for third down. The junior has thrived for Michigan State as both a blocker and a receiver.

Bell ran for 948 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2011. He also caught 35 passes for 267 yards.

The concern with Bell is if he has enough quickness to hit the hole in the NFL. The Big Ten has produced a lot of Ron Dayne types, who are big backs that are not fast enough to play at the next level. Bell needs to prove that he has enough speed.


I like the Jordan pick, but not the other two he gave us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie Campbell = Jamison.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RDawg10


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 835
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my eyes, this is what i see..

Rex Ryan returns. Say whatever you want but im about 90 % sure hes staying.

Norv Turner is hired. Hes the most ideal fit and probably our best option.

Pettine leaves and excepts a HC job at a high profile college. In my eyes Rex will choose Thurman but do not be suprised if you hear the name Greg Mattison or Mark Carrier come up. Rex has always loved them both.

As far as the draft, i would expect to see a lot of offense. If Rex returns you all should expect a reach at the quarterback position. If Norv is hired we would probably be headed for Wilson, Glennon, or Bray. Im sure these guys are going to increase their draft value through the combine and senior bowl. The best fit is Glennon because he displays superb play action passing. His play action can draw comparisons to Schaub and even Pennington. A Turner offensive approach relies heavily on the run game and play action. I would expect with Norv, we would do anything it takes to get Glennon even if its reaching in the 1st round. Basically in my eyes QB is going to be the number one priority. Get the QB you want first then deal with drafting the right guys after that, that will probably be the gameplan.

As far as the free agency process, i think thats where we aim at some prove it deals. Players that may come cheap after having not so good years this year. Maybe one big name but i do expect a hard push for Landry to return. I also expect keller to be let go, he wants a new deal and isnt worth big money after an injury plagued season. Keller has been a fun jet to have but thats a position that can be highly fixable through FA.

Jets Free Agency List

Our list

QB
Matt Moore
Jason Campbell

RB
Rashard Mendenhall
Felix Jones
Ronnie Brown

WR
Brandon Gibson
Louis Murphy
Johnny Knox

TE
Travis Beckum
Evan Moore
Jared Cook

OL
Louis Vasquez
Andy Levitre
Tyronne Green
Kevin boothe

NT
Maake Kemoeatu
Trevor Laws
Rocky Bernard
Terrence Knighton
Aubrayo Franklin

OLB
Connor Barwin
Anthony Spencer
Shaun Phillips
- I expect one of those big names here.

Manny Lawson
Calvin Pace (Resign)
Paul Kruger

S
Patrick Chung
Kenny Phillips
William Moore
Louis Delmas

These are the names i expect us to show interest in, in these areas. Im sure we will be interested in grabbing some of these guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xenajets


Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 1287
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick draft idea:

Trade down from 9 till late teens getting extra 2nd and 4th.

1. Dion Jordon/Barkevious Mingo- Outside linebacker

2. Jon Cooper- Offensive guard

2. Aaron Murray- Quarterback

3. Joseph Randle- Running back

4. Markus Wheaton- Wide Receiver

4. Ricky Wagner- Offensive tackle

5. Jon Bostic- Inside linebacker

6. Tyron Mathieu- Cornerback

7. Michael Williams- Tight end
_________________


Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jpt331


Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 520
Location: Sandwhich on the Sig
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
Quick draft idea:

Trade down from 9 till late teens getting extra 2nd and 4th.

1. Dion Jordon/Barkevious Mingo- Outside linebacker

2. Jon Cooper- Offensive guard

2. Aaron Murray- Quarterback

3. Joseph Randle- Running back

4. Markus Wheaton- Wide Receiver

4. Ricky Wagner- Offensive tackle

5. Jon Bostic- Inside linebacker

6. Tyron Mathieu- Cornerback

7. Michael Williams- Tight end


I like this although I doubt Wheaton Falls that far with his speed
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ganggreen1102


Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 1287
Location: 914
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
Quick draft idea:

Trade down from 9 till late teens getting extra 2nd and 4th.

1. Dion Jordon/Barkevious Mingo- Outside linebacker

2. Jon Cooper- Offensive guard

2. Aaron Murray- Quarterback

3. Joseph Randle- Running back

4. Markus Wheaton- Wide Receiver

4. Ricky Wagner- Offensive tackle

5. Jon Bostic- Inside linebacker

6. Tyron Mathieu- Cornerback

7. Michael Williams- Tight end


I like it but its a little pipe dream ish. Williams isnt falling to the 7th round, Wheaton is going in rounds 2-3, and i can imagine someone gambling on Mathieu by rounds 4 or 5.
_________________
rampantjet wrote:
You lost me at "falling Sammy Watkins" there is no way he falls, unless a sniper kneecaps him during his 40, and Watkins momentum might get him a 4.4 40 anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JMG


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 3265
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Dion Jordan
2. Cordarrelle Patterson
3. Larry Warford
4. Joseph Randle
5. Shawn Williams
6. Kevin Reddick
7. Devin Taylor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
xenajets


Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 1287
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
Quick draft idea:

Trade down from 9 till late teens getting extra 2nd and 4th.

1. Dion Jordon/Barkevious Mingo- Outside linebacker

2. Jon Cooper- Offensive guard

2. Aaron Murray- Quarterback

3. Joseph Randle- Running back

4. Markus Wheaton- Wide Receiver

4. Ricky Wagner- Offensive tackle

5. Jon Bostic- Inside linebacker

6. Tyron Mathieu- Cornerback

7. Michael Williams- Tight end


I like it but its a little pipe dream ish. Williams isnt falling to the 7th round, Wheaton is going in rounds 2-3, and i can imagine someone gambling on Mathieu by rounds 4 or 5.


To be honest Williams was mocked in a few drafts in round 7 but I was just looking for a TE in the 7th but haven't seen too much film on him. Wheaton might but there is so many wide recievers in 2-4 range I can see him slipping. Matthieu has been kicked of his team and already had questions about his size etc so he could be another Burcifit player who goes undrafted
_________________


Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gtek06


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 197
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mock Draft 1-

#9-Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia

#39-Giovani Bernard RB UNC

#72-Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas

#104-Landry Jones QB Oklahoma

#136-Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse

#168-Zach Line FB SMU

#200-AJ Klein ILB Iowa State

Mock Draft 2-

Trade #9 to Vikings for #22 and 2nd and 4th

#22-Dion Jordan DE Oregon

#39-DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson

#52-Aaron Murray QB Georgia

#72-Larry Warford OG Kentucky

#104-Shayne Skov ILB Stanford

#116-Kenjon Barner RB Oregon

#136-Josh Evans S Florida

#168-Dustin Hopkins K Florida St.

#200-Jared Smith DT New Hampshire

Mock Draft 3-

#9-Bjoern Werner DE Florida St.

#39-Jonathon Cooper OG North Carolina

#72-Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse

#104-Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech

#136-Ryan Otten TE San Diego St.

#168-Reid Fregel OT Ohio St.

#200-Miguel Maysonet RB Stony Brook

Mock Draft 4-

Trade #9 and 4th to Chiefs For 2nd And 2014 1st

#33-Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame

#39-Justin Hunter WR Tennessee

#72-Chase Thomas OLB Stanford

#136-Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon

#168-John Sullen OG Auburn

#200-Jordan Rodgers QB Vanderbilt
_________________

Thanks to Jamison. on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Greene N White


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 70
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like this in the draft:

1. Berkavius Mingo, OLB
2. D.J. Fluker, OT
3. Ryan Nassib, QB
4. Mike Gillislee, RB
5. Gabe Jackson, OG
6. Marcus Davis, WR
7. Ray Polk, S
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich51


Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1276
Location: WPB Fl via Jc NJ
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
Quick draft idea:

Trade down from 9 till late teens getting extra 2nd and 4th.

1. Dion Jordon/Barkevious Mingo- Outside linebacker

2. Jon Cooper- Offensive guard

2. Aaron Murray- Quarterback

3. Joseph Randle- Running back

4. Markus Wheaton- Wide Receiver

4. Ricky Wagner- Offensive tackle

5. Jon Bostic- Inside linebacker

6. Tyron Mathieu- Cornerback

7. Michael Williams- Tight end


I like it but its a little pipe dream ish. Williams isnt falling to the 7th round, Wheaton is going in rounds 2-3, and i can imagine someone gambling on Mathieu by rounds 4 or 5.


To be honest Williams was mocked in a few drafts in round 7 but I was just looking for a TE in the 7th but haven't seen too much film on him. Wheaton might but there is so many wide recievers in 2-4 range I can see him slipping. Matthieu has been kicked of his team and already had questions about his size etc so he could be another Burcifit player who goes undrafted


i'd sign up for this especially with Jordan in the first. Unfortunately, i think he goes in the top ten. Mingo might be there but i'm not sure if i want him or would rather wait until 39 and take Lemonier.

Matthieu's has the next 3 or so months to clean up his act and perform at the combines. I have to think someone will take him before the 6th especially after the way Burflict has performed after his "erratic" behaviour

A decent TE that should be available in the seventh is Philip Lutzenkirchen of Auburn. He can block a little and catch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 20074
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Charlie Campbell of WalterFootball.com has a new mock.


Quote:
11. New York Jets: Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon

The Jets have a lot of needs. Among them is a pass-rushing outside linebacker, and Jordan would be a good fit in New York's system.

Jordan has been playing outside linebacker this year and has done well as a defender in space. He has demonstrated the athletic ability to drop into pass coverage as well as rush the quarterback off the edge. Jordan (6-7, 243) has 44 tackles, 10.5 tackles for a loss, five sacks, three forced fumbles and a pass swatted entering Oregon's bowl game. He is a raw prospect with upside.

Jordan was a tight end early in his college career before switching to defensive end in 2010. He had 34 tackles and 5.5 tackles for a loss as a sophomore. Jordan made real strides in 2011 and produced a lot more with 42 tackles, 13 tackles for a loss and 7.5 sacks. The junior was a First-Team All-Pac-12 selection.

Quote:
41. New York Jets: Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

The Jets have to find a long-term starter, and Bray has the physical skill set to be a difference-maker in the NFL.

Bray had a bunch of uneven games this season. He was repeatedly hurt by dropped passes, but also had some shaky decision-making. Some games, he was dominant with jaw-dropping throws, and other times, he looked completely lost. The junior completed 59 percent of his passes this year for 3,612 yards, 34 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

Bray completed 59 percent of his passes as as sophomore in 2011, totaling 1,983 yards with 17 touchdowns and six interceptions. He had a hand/thumb injury that caused him to miss five games and hurt him down the stretch. Bray completed 55.8 percent of his passes as a freshman for 1,849 yards with 18 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.

Bray (6-6, 210) has a great physical skill set with a cannon for an arm, good size and pocket presence. He needs to improve his footwork to help become a more accurate quarterback. If Bray gets good, stable coaching in the NFL, he could develop into something special.

Quote:
75. New York Jets: Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State

The Jets need an upgrade at running back.

Bell (6-2, 238) has run well this year, amassing 1,648 yards rushing (4.7 average) and 11 touchdowns. He also has 29 receptions for 145 yards. Bell had a massive opener against Boise State to carry the Spartans to a victory. He has run well in zone-blocking plays and has shown superb skills for third down. The junior has thrived for Michigan State as both a blocker and a receiver.

Bell ran for 948 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2011. He also caught 35 passes for 267 yards.

The concern with Bell is if he has enough quickness to hit the hole in the NFL. The Big Ten has produced a lot of Ron Dayne types, who are big backs that are not fast enough to play at the next level. Bell needs to prove that he has enough speed.


I like the Jordan pick, but not the other two he gave us.

Love all three picks. Would be ecstatic with this draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetfuel


Joined: 19 Sep 2008
Posts: 1507
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gtek06 wrote:
Mock Draft 1-

#9-Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia

#39-Giovani Bernard RB UNC

#72-Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas

#104-Landry Jones QB Oklahoma

#136-Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse

#168-Zach Line FB SMU

#200-AJ Klein ILB Iowa State

Mock Draft 2-

Trade #9 to Vikings for #22 and 2nd and 4th

#22-Dion Jordan DE Oregon

#39-DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson

#52-Aaron Murray QB Georgia

#72-Larry Warford OG Kentucky

#104-Shayne Skov ILB Stanford

#116-Kenjon Barner RB Oregon

#136-Josh Evans S Florida

#168-Dustin Hopkins K Florida St.

#200-Jared Smith DT New Hampshire

Mock Draft 3-

#9-Bjoern Werner DE Florida St.

#39-Jonathon Cooper OG North Carolina

#72-Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse

#104-Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech

#136-Ryan Otten TE San Diego St.

#168-Reid Fregel OT Ohio St.

#200-Miguel Maysonet RB Stony Brook

Mock Draft 4-

Trade #9 and 4th to Chiefs For 2nd And 2014 1st

#33-Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame

#39-Justin Hunter WR Tennessee

#72-Chase Thomas OLB Stanford

#136-Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon

#168-John Sullen OG Auburn

#200-Jordan Rodgers QB Vanderbilt


I would love either the first or second mock. I really want to get Teo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 2510
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: A little Pre-Combine Mock (Going away from the pass rusher) Reply with quote

I've done a few mocks and all have us taking a pass rusher at #9 or dropping back and taking the guy that falls. I'm changing up the strategy a bit here and shying away from one in the first round. Lots of movement which makes the mock tricky and not every teams wants to trade but I tried to put some reasoning behind the moves to make it somewhat realistic.

Trade:
#9 to TB for #13 and #73
Why: TB jumps up and grabs the top CB on the board (Milliner) before TEN can get him at #10. They are desperate for a star CB and Milliner appears to be one.

Trade:
#13 to NO for #15 and #111 and 2014 4th
Why: NO run D was bad this year and they need an anchor for the D-line. two late rounders are a small price to pay to get the second best NT behind Star Lotulelei who will be long gone. They jump CAR who will be looking in the same direction and get the man they want.

Trade:
#39 to STL for #46 and #110
Why: STL has a ton of picks to work with and they already drafted two impact players with their first two picks. They jump up a few spots to get a third impact guy like a TE (Ertz or Eifert) who are clearly the top two guys. They need a TE and don't want to miss out so they go get their man to add to an already good draft.

Trade:
#105 and #110 to WAS for #86
Why: WAS traded a ton of picks to grab RGIII (Well worth it IMO). They could use some depth so they trade down a few spots.


Draft:
#15 - Chance Warmack (OG) - Guy is special but top 10 was too high. Jets give Howard another year to prove himself and put him next to a star guard who can take some pressure off him. With one guy the line looks to be stabilized for next year.

#46 - Eddie Lacy (RB) - It's no secret the Jets need an upgrade from Greene who is a FA. Powell is a nice back but not an every down guy. Lacy is a strong back with good speed and good hands. A Lacy/Powell combo will give the Jets a very good one two combo.

#72 - Tank Carradine (OLB) - A knee injury is tricky but when healthy he's got 1st round talent. Corey Lemonier would be another possible pick here but we take a risk on a Carradine who can get after the QB.

#73 - Baccari Rambo (FS) - We haven't had an all around ball-hawk safety like Rambo since Rhodes left. Safety play was solid this year but it's about time we got a cover guy rather then sticking with guys better suited for SS.

#86 - Tyler Bray (QB) - The Jets need someone to groom even if we go QB again in 2014 (should a stud be available for us). We can't bank on that so we we take a project QB (with top notch talent). Jones (I like but might be gone by then) and Dysert (Don't know alot about him) are possibles here but I like what Bray brings. He's not ready to start but the talent is there for sure. Would benefit from learning behind Alex Smith (who is a strong possibility if we higher Gamble).

#111 - Dion Sims (TE) - Not sure if he'll be here cause he's got talent but if he is we could use a nice duel threat TE to compliment Keller. Cumberland is a decent 3rd TE to have.

#137 - Trey Millard (FB) - If we want to get back to the power rushing attack Millard is the FB we lack. We have lacked a FB since Richardson left and our running game took a dive. He's got solid hands to be a threat out of the backfield but will make his money with his crushing blocks

#169 - Mister Cobble (NT) - I've mocked him before. Not sure if he's even coming out but with Pouha getting up there can use some added NT depth. He's got the frame just needs to develop.

#201 - Andre Debose (WR/KR) - Can probably get him as a FA but why take the chance. This team lacks serious speed and that is one thing Debose has. Can be used as a KR or just a trick play guy cause he's got speed.


New Depth Chart: (I didn't add any FA's except Alex Smith plus you'll see a few guys who would be cut and resigned or just resigned)

QB:Smith, McElroy, Bray, Sanchez (hopefully gone)
FB: Millard
RB: Lacy, Powell, McKnight
WR: Holmes, Hill, Edwards, Kerley, (White or Debose)
TE: Keller, Sims, CUmberland
LT: Brick
LG: Slaus
C: Mangold
RG: Warmack
RT: Howard

D-Line: Coples, Ellis, Wilk
LB: Carradine, Harris, Davis, Pace
CB: Revis, Cro, Wilson
FS: Rambo
SS: Landry

kicker and punter stay the same.
_________________


Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32879
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have different trades but you pretty much have the same mock I have! I was waiting for them to announce a GM this week then I was going to post. Embarassed
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 11 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group