Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm refining my last mock a bit. I'm kind of off the Warmack bandwagon only cause that's a touch high for a guard but I still address the need early. It has two minor tradedowns. Us and TB giving us an extra 3rd and us and someone droping us a touch later in the second where we gain an extra 4th.

1st - (OLB) Mingo, Ansah, Jordan (I think I like them in that order but any will do)
2nd - (RB) Lacy/Randle
3rd - (WR) DaRick Rodgers (1st round talent but failed a drug test so he'll drop)
3rd from TB - (OG) Travis Frederick (can't go wrong with a Wisconsin guard. They are known for their lineman)
4th - (FS) Rambo/Lester
4th - (QB) Manuel, Dysert, Bray (whoever drops into the 4th would work for me). I like them it that order as well.

Somthing like that in the first 4 rounds would make me really happy. We get two offensive weapons (a RB and a very talented WR with some off the field issues that can be correctable), sure up the right guard spot that Moore vacates with a mauler in Frederick, and get a good FS to fill in for the loss of Landry (I think he might be gone. Finally we get a QB to compete with Sanchez.

Props to Mack on the sig
NewYorkJetsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just threw this together real quick. I was playing around with a couple of ideas. Let me know what you guys think.

1. Dion Jordan OLB Oregon
2. Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
3. Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
4. Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon St.
5. Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
6. Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose St.
7. Lonnie Pryor, FB, FSU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewYorkJetsFan wrote:
I just threw this together real quick. I was playing around with a couple of ideas. Let me know what you guys think.

2. Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
7. Lonnie Pryor, FB, FSU

Dont love it. Lacy.really wont fit in a wco, Jordans shoulder injury means he'll fall to the late teens-mid twenties.

Like warford but we have much bettee og depth than Rt depth. Even without moore and slauson. Austin Howard is better suited at og and its time we saw what Vlad can do.

Love Wheaton, but wheres the qb? I think we draft 1 at least in the midrounds to.compete
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:

You guys realize we went for faster this season and yes we defended the past better but we got pushed around in the run game and our pass rush still sucked. We need complete football players.

Their run defense also suffered because they couldn't get off the field and teams sustained drives on them. If you can't rush the passer or penetrate in the run game, you can't force teams into bad situations. Add in that they struggled to generate negative plays and it's more than having complete football players.

Obviously you want guys that can do everything, but realistically you need guys that complement each other.

- Cliff Burton
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
RollTide99 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
RollTide99 wrote:
Coaching Staff-
Head Coach- Rex Ryan
Offensive Cor.- Marty Mornhinweg
Defensive Cor.- Dennis Thurman

Cuts-
LB Bart Scott
LB Calvin Pace
OT Jason Smith
S Eric Smith
NT Sione Pouha
ATH Tim Tebow

Franchise Tag-
TE Dustin Keller

Restructures-
QB Mark Sanchez
LB David Harris
C Nick Mangold
OG Vlad Ducasse

Trades-
NY Jets send their 3rd round pick to the Seattle Seahawks for QB Matt Flynn
NY Jets send TE Dustin Keller to the St. Louis Rams for their 3rd round pick
NY Jets send CB Kyle Wilson to the Detroit Lions for their 2013 5th and 2014 5th round picks

Resignings-
S Yerimaih Bell
OT Austin Howard
CB Aaron Berry
LB Rick Sapp

FA-
LB Antwan Barnes
OG Donald Thomas
S Rashad Johnson

Draft Trades-
NY Jets send their 1st (9) to the Tampa Bay Bucs for their 1st (13), 3rd and 5th round picks
NY Jets send their 1st(13 via Bucs) to the Chicago Bears for tgeir 1st(20) and 3rd round picks

Draft-
Round 1: Alex Okafor OLB Texas
Round 2: Robert Woods WR USC
Round 3: Alvin Bailey OG Arkansas
Round 3: Joseph Randle RB Oklahoma State
Round 3: Dion Simms TE Michigan State
Round 4: Brian Winters OT Kent State
Round 5: Stansly Maponga OLB TCU
Round 5: Lonnie Pryor FB FSU
Round 5: Alec Lemon WR Syracuse
Round 6: Quinton Dial DE Alabama
Round 7: Cierre Wood RB Notre Dame

Depth Chart-
QB: Flynn/Sanchez/McElroy
RB: Randle/Powell/Wood/McKnight
FB: Pryor
WR: Holmes/Hill/Kerley/Woods/Lemon
TE: Cumberland/Simms/Rueland
LT: Furgeson/Winters
LG: Bailey/Ducasse
C: Mangold
RG: Thomas/Ducasse
RT: Howard/Winters

LE: Coples/Dial
NT: Ellis/Harrison
RE: Wilk/Dial
LOLB: Barnes/Maponga
ILB: Harris/Davis/Mauga
ROLB: Okafor/Sapp
CB: Revis/Cro/Berry/Walls/Trufant
SS: Bell/Allen
FS:Johnson/Bush

Prob one of the worst drafts I could imagine. Trading down to 20 for a 4-3 re... He isnt an olb in the slightest... sorry man, this just isnt good (IMO)

I do like your Antwan Barnes signing tho, I have that signing in my mock also

Im really enamored with barnes but how do you not see Okafor as a 34OLB he has the size you want at the position, has the speed, has experience working in space as Texas used him a lot as a stand up DE/LB, hes athletic and is a solid run defender

Well 1st, how the jets trade down from 9 to 20 and not pick up another 2nd round pick baffles me.

Id rather Corey lumonier than okefor but he can be gotten in the mid 20's

Actually the trade downs are off according to the trade value chart. Nine to thirteen might give you a third but not a fifth. From thirteen to twenty should give you a third, fourth, fifth and a sixth or seventh..

As to the draft i don't like Okafor in the first. I think he is better suited for 4-3 DE but even there he might have trouble. From what i saw in the senior bowl practices he looked average, not enough speed to play OLB and not big (strong) enough for a 3-4 DE. I don't think i would draft him at all.

I like most of the other picks although i question picking Lemon and Dial in the fifth and sixth. IMO both are being picked too high. Conversely Woods probably won't last until the seventh.
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
I'm refining my last mock a bit. I'm kind of off the Warmack bandwagon only cause that's a touch high for a guard but I still address the need early. It has two minor tradedowns. Us and TB giving us an extra 3rd and us and someone droping us a touch later in the second where we gain an extra 4th.

1st - (OLB) Mingo, Ansah, Jordan (I think I like them in that order but any will do)
2nd - (RB) Lacy/Randle
3rd - (WR) DaRick Rodgers (1st round talent but failed a drug test so he'll drop)
3rd from TB - (OG) Travis Frederick (can't go wrong with a Wisconsin guard. They are known for their lineman)
4th - (FS) Rambo/Lester
4th - (QB) Manuel, Dysert, Bray (whoever drops into the 4th would work for me). I like them it that order as well.

Somthing like that in the first 4 rounds would make me really happy. We get two offensive weapons (a RB and a very talented WR with some off the field issues that can be correctable), sure up the right guard spot that Moore vacates with a mauler in Frederick, and get a good FS to fill in for the loss of Landry (I think he might be gone. Finally we get a QB to compete with Sanchez.

Overall i like what you've done.

At 13 out of the three you mentioned i'd take Ansah. He was a monster in yesterday's Senior Bowl.

For the S in the fourth i liked John Cyprien (my daughter went to FIU). He was also impressive, and consistent, during the senior bowl week.

I think Manual was the best of the six QBs at the senior bowl. IMO he also has the most upside. Dysert looked like a career backup. The junior, Bray could be a good pick in the fourth but i doubt he lasts that long.
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewYorkJetsFan wrote:

2. Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
7. Lonnie Pryor, FB, FSU

I'm not a fan of Jordan at 9 but i understand that our options for an OLB at 9 will be limited.

If we keep Keller, Cumberland, Revis, Cromartie and Wilson, i would add a Safety somewhere. (Darn, we really need more than 7 picks)

I'm not sold on the top nine QBs (Smith,Wilson, Manual, Glennon, Dysert, Nassib, Jones, Barkley,and Bray) but i would like to see us pick up one in the sixth or seventh.

I think Lacy, Warford and Wheaton (probably going before the fourth) would all start and improve our offense.
NewYorkJetsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
NewYorkJetsFan wrote:

2. Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
7. Lonnie Pryor, FB, FSU

Dont love it. Lacy.really wont fit in a wco, Jordans shoulder injury means he'll fall to the late teens-mid twenties.

Like warford but we have much bettee og depth than Rt depth. Even without moore and slauson. Austin Howard is better suited at og and its time we saw what Vlad can do.

Love Wheaton, but wheres the qb? I think we draft 1 at least in the midrounds to.compete

Well I'm not a big fan of any of the QBs in this draft so I'd much rather bring in a veteran QB (Flynn or Alex Smith) to start this year and then draft a QB in 2014.

Suck for Bridgewater. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first draft that I am really looking forward to in a while (prob since when we drafted Brick and mangold... was that 05 or 06???).
I really hope we trade down to aquire picks (instead of trading Revis). I think we can fill really big holes this year (G, pass rusher, RB, QB, or WR). I wouldnt mind a QB in the 2nd because were stuck with Sanchez- and based on senior bowl week- I recant my prev statement of 4 QB;s going in the 1st.
xenajets

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Trade Kyle Wilson for a 3rd round pick
*Trade Tim Tebow for a 6th round pick
*Trade our 1st, 3rd and 6th for number 5 of the Lions
*Trade our 2nd for 2nd and 4th from the Bengals

1. Damontre Moore DE/OLB Texas A&M

2. Larry Warford OG Kentucky

3. DJ Swearinger FS South Carolina

4. EJ Manuel QB Florida State

4. Joesph Randle RB Oklahoma

5. Tryann Mathieu CB LSU

6. Michael Willams TE Alabama

7. Daniel McCullers NT Tennessee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJ Manuel is going to see his draft stock continue to rise. He'll probably be a second rounder at the very least by the time it's all set.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
EJ Manuel is going to see his draft stock continue to rise. He'll probably be a second rounder at the very least by the time it's all set.

Completely agree. I would love to get him in the 3rd and that's where I was hoping he was going to go. But he made a few NFL throws in the Senior Bowl and he's going to do well at the combines with his measurables. He'll move up draft boards.

- Cliff Burton
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:

Agreed. Honestly have liked EJ Manuel since before this whole process even started, when I first started looking at who would be in this draft as a QB.

As a person he seems to be a pretty smart and very mature guy. From all accounts Ive heard he's hard working and look at the Senior Bowl practices even ... he improved throughout those + had a great Game as well. Should prove he's coachable and can play.

Plus in college he won his team a bowl game on a broken leg reportedly. Thats toughness and sticking with your team, players on his team all seem to really like the guy as well. Not sure if anyone saw the highlights from the Clemson game but first half went pretty crappy for him and them, but 2nd half was great for EJ. Theres a video online where his teammates said EJ rallied them together at half time. To me he shows some leadership qualities as well.

The measure ables are secondary to the above though also very important. The guy is built like an NFL QB 6'4+ 237 Lbs... He can take the hitting at this level + his escapability is an asset. I know a lot of people will try to deem him a read option run first QB, but if you watch him play he always prefers the pass over the run and has the ability to extend the play in the backfield.

That mobility is a nescessity in the NFL these days. Only a few like Peyton and Brady get away without really being able to escape, thought they do manipulate their pocket beautifully

Look at all the other Notable QBs

Ben Rothlisberger, Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, RG3, Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck. That level of escapability and get something when the play isnt there is present in all of these QBs and really helps out their offense. Escape the rush for a couple extra seconds and you'll get someone open.

He's also got a very strong arm though needs some work on his mechanics to hone in his accuracy consistently.

I have a hard time seeing EJ go any lower than Pick 54 even though I wish we could steal him late.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
NY_Jets87 wrote:

You guys realize we went for faster this season and yes we defended the past better but we got pushed around in the run game and our pass rush still sucked. We need complete football players.

Their run defense also suffered because they couldn't get off the field and teams sustained drives on them. If you can't rush the passer or penetrate in the run game, you can't force teams into bad situations. Add in that they struggled to generate negative plays and it's more than having complete football players.

Obviously you want guys that can do everything, but realistically you need guys that complement each other.

It also doesn't help when you're defense is old and slow and does a poor job setting the edges. A turnover prone offense is also a problem.
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say we trade Revis for a mid-1st and 3rd
Trade back from 9 to the 20's and pick up another 3rd & 4th

1. Alex Okafor
1. Eddie Lacy
2. Leon McFadden
3. Markus Wheaton
3. Brian Schwenke
3. Tyler Bray
4. Travis Kelce
4. Cornelius Washington
5. Tyrann Mathieu
6. BPA
7. BPA

Wow

N E W Y O R K J E T S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 15 of 21

Jump to: