Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
Prob one of the worst drafts I could imagine. Trading down to 20 for a 4-3 re... He isnt an olb in the slightest... sorry man, this just isnt good (IMO)

I do like your Antwan Barnes signing tho, I have that signing in my mock also

This is actually one of the best drafts I've seen. Okafor can't play OLB? I don't know what you're talking about. Confused

Yeah. Bailey and Randle are both in the mock that I'm making. Laughing
skrILL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
Everyone needs to start taking Tank Carradine out of their mock drafts. Hes not a fit for our team and is coming off a torn acl.

He was a first round pick pre-injury. I would love him in the third.

I strongly disagree, I never saw him as a 1st rounder. Third best pass rusher on his team (but playing behind Werner and Jenkins, that's understandable).

N E W Y O R K J E T S
green24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
green24 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
Everyone needs to start taking Tank Carradine out of their mock drafts. Hes not a fit for our team and is coming off a torn acl.

I strongly disagree, I never saw him as a 1st rounder. Third best pass rusher on his team (but playing behind Werner and Jenkins, that's understandable).

I thought he was close to Werner and ahead of Jenkins. He could have even passed Werner if he would have finished out the season very strong.
skrILL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
green24 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

I thought he was close to Werner and ahead of Jenkins. He could have even passed Werner if he would have finished out the season very strong.

Actually I should take back that statement. I haven't really seen enough of Carradine to make a judgement yet. I said the same thing about Werner and each week he would show me more and more and I had no choice but to move him up my rankings.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
RollTide99

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
Prob one of the worst drafts I could imagine. Trading down to 20 for a 4-3 re... He isnt an olb in the slightest... sorry man, this just isnt good (IMO)

I do like your Antwan Barnes signing tho, I have that signing in my mock also

This is actually one of the best drafts I've seen. Okafor can't play OLB? I don't know what you're talking about. Confused

Yeah. Bailey and Randle are both in the mock that I'm making. Laughing

Lol I started coming around to the both of them especially with us going to a WCO and us possibly switching back to the ZBS
MP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went Patriots all over this mock

Jets trade Cromartie to the Bucs for #43 and #140.
Why for Jets: Free's up money and cashes in on Cromartie's great season. While he doesn't deserved to be traded, tough moves will be needed.
Why for Bucs: They desperately need to improve that secondary, with only Barron in the secondary Bucs will seek a ton of help.

Jets trade #9 to the Panthers for #14, #105 and #169.
Why for Jets: Trade down a few spots to land some late round guys. I believe Jets are in a golden spot for teams to trade up for Keenan Allen.
Why for Panthers: It's time to get Cam a dynamic weapon on the outside, Smith is good but Allen and Cam can grow for a long, long, long time.

Jets trade #14 and #167 to the Jaguars for #33 and #64
Why for Jets: Cash in on the run of defensive tackles. I expect a team to trade up for one of Hankins, Jenkins or Richardson.

Jets trade #33 to the Cardinals for #38 and #100.
Why for Jets: Jets cash in on Barkley falling to the second round, pick up another late pick.
Why for Cards: With no QB in the first, the Cardinals select Barkley to start the second round.

Draft:
#38 - Barkevious Mingo, OLB
#39 - Matt Elam, S
#43 - Ricky Wagner, RT
#64 - Jamie Collins, OLB
#72 - Da'Rick Rogers, WR
#100 - Ray Graham, RB
#103 - Landry Jones, QB
#105 - Dion Sims, TE
#134 - Omoregie Uzzi, G
#140 - Adrian Bushell, CB
#169 - Tyrann Mathieu, ST

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing around with a mock idea. didn't finish it. No specifics.What do yall think?

Trade 1st for 1st & 2nd
Trade 2nd for 2nd & 4th
Trade 4th & 5th for a 3rd
Trade Wilson to Saints for 4th

1. Dion Jordan or Alex Okafor
2. Best QB (Glennon, Dysert, or Bray)
2. Larry Warford OG
3. Gavin Escobar TE
3. Joesph Randle
4. Bacarri Rambo or TJ McDonald

Some people think Dion's stock might slide because of his injury & weight(unless he reach his goal). If he is there, we can get him, if not Alex would be a good one.

QB competition. We are likely keeping Sanchez, so we have to try to find some QBs who can really compete. Sign a QB & draft a QB. Might be able to trade McElroy for a 7th pick or something.

Warford, I think I put Larry in every mock I've done this year. I've been a fan since the beginning of last season.

Escobar has been on my list for the last two seasons. Good size, speed, and is a good route runner. Will catch a lot of scout's attention during combine.

Joesph Randle, a running back who could be a factor in the passing game. Him & Powell can split carries or we can sign a bell cow type of back until Randle can take over the position.

CBS has Rambo going in the 3rd so far. I don't think he is going to run a great 40time, so I can see him sliding. I could be wrong, this is just based on prediction. McDonald is rated as a 3rd or 4th round pick. slim chance on both, but if one is there, he can be the guy since his dad is now the coach.

Use your imagination on the free agency.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randle is going in round 2. People are sleeping on him real hard right now. I am telling you after the combine every mock will be in round 2. We can run, catch, pass pro, he has power and some elusiveness. Watch the tape.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TRY5wqDxNJE

Mack on the Sig
jetsfan95

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Jets need to completely retool next year. First move:

Antonio Cromartie to the Saints for their first round pick (15)
Trade pick 15 to the Lions for pick 36, a 3rd, and a 5th

Then we can begin to make our picks

1. Chance Warmack OG Alabama
2. Alex Okafor DE/OLB Texas
2. Joseph Randle RB Oklahoma State
3. Alvin Bailey OG Arkansas
3. Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas
4. Travis Kelce TE Cincinatti
5. Xavier Nixon OT Florida
5. DeVonte Holloman OLB South Carolina
6. Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU
7. Jordan Rodgers QB Vanderbilt

I think that if the Jets went to a 4-3, which they won't, they would have a great front. With Wilkerson and Ellis inside and Okafor and Coples on the outside, I think we could be dominant. Also, I think Demario Davis is perfect to play OLB in a 4-3, so you pair him with Harris and Holloway in the middle. Who knows with Mathieu? Maybe you get the guy who almost won the heisman, or maybe he just becomes Pacman Jones towards the end of his Tennessee tenure. Also, this plan is dependent on us cutting ties with Sione.

On the offensive side, you go young at guard, with Bailey and Warmack taking over, which saves you a little money with letting go of Slauson and Moore. Randle can make an immediate impact with Shonn Greene most likely leaving. He is perfect for Martyball because he can block, run the draw, and catch the ball (something Bilal and Shonn can't do). I think he takes over day 1. Hamilton is perfect for the WCO because he is big, physical, makes catches in traffic, and has a little breakaway speed. He, Hill, and Kerley have the potential to form a good threesome down the road for our new quarterback, whoever it may be. Nixon can be for pure depth purposes because I've always been afraid that if Brick goes down, we have no one to replace him. At least he can be there to put my mind at ease. Finally, you take a flyer on Rodgers because... well who knows. He could be Tom Brady (not really) or Mark Sanchez. I think this team can at least help us out next year, and then give Mark no excuse for not succeeding. Also, add a fullback in free agency.

QB- Sanchez/ McElroy/ Rodgers
RB- Randall/ McKnight/ Powell (I hate Bilal so this is just my preference)
FB- UDFA (Kelly Johnson)
WR1- Holmes/ Hamilton
WR2- Hill/ Gates (behind Hamilton in the rotation)
Slot- Kerley
TE- Kelce/ Cumberland/ Reuland
OT- Howard/ Nixon
OG- Bailey/ Ducasse
C- Mangold
OG- Warmack
OT- Brick/ Landolt

RDE- Okafor/ McIntyre
RDT- Wilkerson
LDT- Ellis/ Harrison
LDE- Coples/ Sapp
WLB- Davis/ Mauga
MLB- Harris/ Bellore
SLB- Holloman
CB- Revis/ Mathieu/ Walls
CB- Cromartie/ Wilson/ Trufant
SS- Allen/ Smith
FS- Bush

With Rex's defensive alignment, it will probably look like this:
DE- Wilkerson
NT- Ellis/ Harrison
DT- Coples
OLB- Okafor/ Sapp
ILB- Davis/ Bellore
ILB- Harris
OLB- Holloman/ McIntyre
SS- Allen/ Smith
FS- Bush

Obviously there will be more depth on D, but this is just based on the draft. What do you guys think. In my mind, this is about best case scenario right now.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan95 wrote:

6. Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU

I think that if the Jets went to a 4-3, which they won't, they would have a great front. With Wilkerson and Ellis inside and Okafor and Coples on the outside, I think we could be dominant. Also, I think Demario Davis is perfect to play OLB in a 4-3, so you pair him with Harris and Holloway in the middle. Who knows with Mathieu? Maybe you get the guy who almost won the heisman, or maybe he just becomes Pacman Jones towards the end of his Tennessee tenure. Also, this plan is dependent on us cutting ties with Sione.

On the offensive side, you go young at guard, with Bailey and Warmack taking over, which saves you a little money with letting go of Slauson and Moore. Randle can make an immediate impact with Shonn Greene most likely leaving. He is perfect for Martyball because he can block, run the draw, and catch the ball (something Bilal and Shonn can't do). I think he takes over day 1. Hamilton is perfect for the WCO because he is big, physical, makes catches in traffic, and has a little breakaway speed. He, Hill, and Kerley have the potential to form a good threesome down the road for our new quarterback, whoever it may be. Nixon can be for pure depth purposes because I've always been afraid that if Brick goes down, we have no one to replace him. At least he can be there to put my mind at ease. Finally, you take a flyer on Rodgers because... well who knows. He could be Tom Brady (not really) or Mark Sanchez. I think this team can at least help us out next year, and then give Mark no excuse for not succeeding. Also, add a fullback in free agency.

FB- UDFA (Kelly Johnson)
WR1- Holmes/ Hamilton
Slot- Kerley
OT- Howard/ Nixon
OG- Bailey/ Ducasse
C- Mangold
OG- Warmack
OT- Brick/ Landolt

RDE- Okafor/ McIntyre
RDT- Wilkerson
LDT- Ellis/ Harrison
LDE- Coples/ Sapp
WLB- Davis/ Mauga
MLB- Harris/ Bellore
SLB- Holloman
SS- Allen/ Smith
FS- Bush

DE- Wilkerson
NT- Ellis/ Harrison
DT- Coples
OLB- Okafor/ Sapp
ILB- Davis/ Bellore
ILB- Harris
OLB- Holloman/ McIntyre
SS- Allen/ Smith
FS- Bush

Obviously there will be more depth on D, but this is just based on the draft. What do you guys think. In my mind, this is about best case scenario right now.

We have had this discussion before about switching to the 4-3 but its not happening. This team is built with wilkerson and Coples to play the ends on 3-4 defense as well as a 2-4-5 defense which Rex uses alot. Switching to 4-3 would be very dumb because of the crop of 3-4 linebackers coming out this year. We all need to get off the 4-3 idea. Okafor would be a fine OLB and with his versatility and speed I'm very intrigued. Hes had a very high motor at the senior bowl practices.
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets run multiple fronts so it's pointless to worry about 3-4 vs 4-3. They need more speed and more pass rushing ability in the front 7 however they can get it.

- Cliff Burton
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan95 wrote:

6. Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU

FB- UDFA (Kelly Johnson)
WR1- Holmes/ Hamilton
Slot- Kerley
OT- Howard/ Nixon
OG- Bailey/ Ducasse
C- Mangold
OG- Warmack
OT- Brick/ Landolt

RDE- Okafor/ McIntyre
RDT- Wilkerson
LDT- Ellis/ Harrison
LDE- Coples/ Sapp
WLB- Davis/ Mauga
MLB- Harris/ Bellore
SLB- Holloman
SS- Allen/ Smith
FS- Bush

DE- Wilkerson
NT- Ellis/ Harrison
DT- Coples
OLB- Okafor/ Sapp
ILB- Davis/ Bellore
ILB- Harris
OLB- Holloman/ McIntyre
SS- Allen/ Smith
FS- Bush

A Cromartie trade won't yield a mid-first. Okafor will prob be a first round pick as well.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
The Jets run multiple fronts so it's pointless to worry about 3-4 vs 4-3. They need more speed and more pass rushing ability in the front 7 however they can get it.

I also wouldnt mind better all-around linebackers... Khaseem Greene.is a guy I can really.see.on the jets. He isnt an earth shattering blitzer but he will be more.than adequate and is always around the ball on defense. He would.also.immediately.become our best cover lb which shows how slow.our.lb corps.is (sans Demario)
epjet21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Chance Warmack- G Alabama
2. Zach Ertz- TE Stanford
3. Bacarri Rambo- S Georgia
4. Brandon Jenkins- OLB Florida St.
5. Marcus Lattimore- RB South Carolina
6. Connor Vernon- WR Duke
7. Brad Wing- P LSU
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:

I also wouldnt mind better all-around linebackers... Khaseem Greene.is a guy I can really.see.on the jets. He isnt an earth shattering blitzer but he will be more.than adequate and is always around the ball on defense. He would.also.immediately.become our best cover lb which shows how slow.our.lb corps.is (sans Demario)

You guys realize we went for faster this season and yes we defended the past better but we got pushed around in the run game and our pass rush still sucked. We need complete football players.

Mack on the Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 14 of 21

Jump to: