Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft Thread Reply with quote

We are at mid season, and already have a few mock drafts up. So I decided to make mock draft thread so we don't clutter the forum before the season end.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally. Let's hope people actually use this and don't ignore it. I'll post a mock in a little bit.

Jamison.'s Gallery
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Finally. Let's hope people actually use this and don't ignore it. I'll post a mock in a little bit.

lol I know right. I already posted one of my mocks, I'm going to post 2 more before the draft comes. I'm already scouting on potential free agents and trades. Laughing

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a universal thread posters don't get the responses/feedback that they would in their own thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
With a universal thread posters don't get the responses/feedback that they would in their own thread.

It seem to work well with some of the other forums.

I guess those who want to post separate can go do it. We have a lot of mocks during the middle of the season, and I'm sure more will be made as the season end. This is just for those who don't want to clutter the forum, or maybe just have some offseason ideas .

Quote:
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

I guess those who want to post separate can go do it. We have a lot of mocks during the middle of the season, and I'm sure more will be made as the season end. This is just for those who don't want to clutter the forum, or maybe just have some offseason ideas .

I'm not saying don't do it, I was just saying people might get overlooked.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

I'm not saying don't do it, I was just saying people might get overlooked.

yeah I get what you were saying. That's why I mentioned that they could post separate, so they can get all their feed back they want if they are worried about being overlooked.

I might make this more interesting. Have everyone post their top 5 prospects they do like and they don't like. I will post it in the main post, so we can go back on it in the future.

Quote:
Jamison.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just made an entire mock, and when to facebook and it wouldnt let me go back and recover it Brick wall d'oh!

Jamison.'s Gallery
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea too. I called for it last year when one of the dudes had his mock verson 4.3.1 and half by like week 6.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jamison.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
I like this idea too. I called for it last year when one of the dudes had his mock verson 4.3.1 and half by like week 6.
Lmao.

Jamison.'s Gallery
xenajets

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
just made an entire mock, and when to facebook and it wouldnt let me go back and recover it Brick wall d'oh!

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Jamison.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW YORK JETS 2013 Offseason

New York Jets Release The Following Players:

Calvin Pace
Bart Scott
Jason Smith
Eric Smith
Tim Tebow
Lex Hilliard
Hayworth Hicks

Trades:

Jets trade Mark Sanchez to the Minnesota Vikings for a 2013 5th Round Pick.
Vikings get a QB who gets to push Ponder for the starting spot. Considering the Vikings aren't in position to pick a QB in the Top 10, they want to give Ponder another year and try to use Sanchez as competition. Jets get a draft pick and move on from their former 1st Round Pick. It just couldn't work out in New York after going to consecutive AFCCGs in 10' & 11' seasons. The catch is the Jets will eat half his salary for the last year of his deal.

Jets trade 2013 5th Round Pick from Vikings and Santonio Holmes to the Panthers for their 4th Round Pick.
The Panthers need a replacement for Steve Smith and need to get help for Cam Newton. Gettis, Lafell and company isn't helping Cam out enough. They need something new. The Jets get rid of their locker room cancer and someone who made a huge mistake signing in NY and ship him off to a place where he can flourish wish a much better and young QB in need of weapons.

Free Agent Signings:

Michael Vick
After being released by the Eagles, Vick needs a new change of scenery and needs a team that wants to run the ball more and conserve his body to preserve his career. I think the Jets are an ideal fit. They're not in position to take Geno Smith and start over fresh on a new and young QB just yet. I see them looking into getting a veteran QB that has fallen out of favor with their team. Vick can come in and make some plays to put the Jets back on the map. Vick can be the face of our franchise and finally give defenses something to prepare for when they play us.

Richard Mendenhall
Teams will be scared to give him a big deal after him ACL injury. I think the Jets are a good fit for him and he can come here on a deal much like Laron Landry's and he can work for his next deal during his one year deal. He's a good compliment to Powell and McKnight and I expect Mendenhall, along with Vick to give this offense an identity. The Jets have a knack for bringing in former 1st Round Picks with troubles or injuries issues, Vick and Mendenhall fit the bill perfectly and I can actually see the Jets making a play for both players.

Shaun Phillips
The Chargers are most likely going to let him go and see him hit Free Agency, Melvin Ingram is most likely going to take over. The Jets are in need of a 3-4 OLB, probably about as bad as it gets. Finally they get a proven player at OLB and can look to get younger in next years draft with some premier pass rushers. Their main goal this year is to revamp the O-Line. Phillips is going to bring some much needed help and pass rushing ability for the Jets at OLB.

Dustin Keller-FRANCHISED
Jets decide to franchise TE Dustin Keller to give it one more year to prove what he is worth. Although Keller has been the Jets main target the past 4 seasons, I think he could flourish with a big time QB like Vick. When Keller had Farve he looked like a superstar in the making. I think Vick can make this kid look like Jimmy Graham.

Re signings:
Yeremiah Bell
Mike DeVito
Nick Folk
Laron Landry
Aaron Maybin
Chaz Schilens
Matt Slauson

DRAFT:

1st Round: Taylor Lewan; OT; Michigan
If the Jets want to have their identity as a true power running game, they have to rebuild the offensive line. I don't care if people don't like to value a RT as a 1st Round Pick, as high as the Jets will be. But we need a bonafide RT that will be an anchor there for years to come. With him and D'Brick on each side of the line, it is bound to get much better and will show everyone how much better of a team they can be with a great line, much like the 49ers draft in 2010 where they drafted Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati.

2nd Round: Markus Wheaton; WR; Oregon State
This guy is going to be the Mike Wallace of the 2013 draft. He'll run a 4.3 at the combine and has been rumored to run a 4.2 40 before. He beat D'Anthony Thomas in the 100 meter and proved how underrated he is. OSU finds so many way to get this kid the ball, he can return punts, has blazing speed, and is very good at finding hold when they hand it off to him. He's one of my favorite players in this year's draft and many are going to be shocked to see how good this kid truly is. Thanks to jrry for bringing this kid to my attention, as well as QJ.

3rd Round: Jonathan Cooper; G; North Carolina
Here we go, top two of the top 3 picks for the Jets are offensive lineman. They will be able to get back to the dominant line they once were and will be one of the best offensive lines in the league now. The Jets will have a two headed attack with Mendenhall and Powell, with McKnight as a change of pace. All 3 of our RBs will look good behind this line. The future is looking good.

*Jets trade their 4th Round Pick(Panthers) and their 5th Round Pick to the Redskins for their 3rd Round Pick*

3rd Round(Redskins): Jackson Jeffcoat; DE/OLB; Texas
Jeffcoat is a solid player that is a good player all around that I think can develop into a very good player in the NFL and can really benefit from Rex Ryan's defense. Jeffcoat will see a lot of action and battle to be the day 1 starter at OLB. He's known for being consistent and that will do the Jets defense well, considering how they are one of the most inconsistent teams in the NFL.

4th Round: James Gayle; DE/OLB; Virginia Tech
17 sacks over the past 2 and a half years at VT, I believe this kid is going to be a very good player. He's good against the run, can drop back into coverage, oh and I forgot to mention a very good pass rusher. He was among the leaders in QB pressure in the ACC this year. I think we could plug him in at OLB day one and see him have success. I really like this kid and will show a lot of people he deserved to be a higher pick.

6th Round: Josh Jenkins; G; West Virginia
Bring in a guy who is going to compete with Slauson and Vlad, good depth and you never know how things will play out. Possibly an eventual starter after Slauson's time is done.

7th Round: Mike Glennon; North Carolina State
Bring in another late round QB project, hopefully we can turn him into a Matt Flynn type of player. We know Glennon is a good CFB QB, we'll see how we can develop him.

Depth Chart:

OFFENSE(24)

QB: Michael Vick; Greg McElroy; Mike Glennon
RB: Richard Mendenhall; Bilal Powell; Joe McKnight
WR: Markus Wheaton; Chaz Schilens
WR: Stephen Hill; Jordan White
WR: Jeremy Kerley; Clyde Gates
TE: Dustin Keller; Jeff Cumberland; Konrad Reuland
LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson; Austin Howard
LG: Jonathon Cooper; Vlad Ducasse
C: Nick Mangold; Caleb Schlauderaff
RG: Matt Slauson; Josh Jenkins
RT: Taylor Lewan; Austin Howard

DEFENSE:(25)
DE: Muhammad Wilkerson;
DT: Sione Pouha; Kendrick Ellis; Damon Harrison
DE: Quinton Coples; Mike DeVito
OLB: Shaun Phillips; Ricky Sapp; Garrett McIntyre
WLB: Demario Davis; Marcus Dowtin
MLB: Davis Harris; Nick Bellore
OLB: Jackson Jeffcoat; James Gayle
CB: Darrelle Revis; Kyle Wilson; Isaiah Trufant
S: Laron Landry; Josh Bush
S: Yeremiah Bell; Antonio Allen
CB: Antonio Cromartie; Ellis Lankster; Aaron Berry

SPECIAL TEAMS:(3)
K: Nick Folk
P: Robert Malone
LS: Tanner Purdum

Jamison.'s Gallery
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Sorry Jamison but I cannot support taking a right tackle with a premium first round draft pick with all our other needs. Austin Howard is not the kryptonite of our team right now.

I know you love the idea of Vick but I really don't think that's the best move for our team. That would be a same old Jets move.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison.' mock is for a comedy. Cooper is challenging for 1st round value. Glennon is a 2nd round value. Jeffcoat will return to UT.

Vick? Unacceptable. I should punish you by demanding to make a thousand signatures by Christmas. Wink
RDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vick isnt going anywhere. Eagles fans will finally realize once the seasons over that quarterback is not the problem... its their offensive line. Foles will have a fun time with that the rest of the way

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: