Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should Randall Cobb be returning kicks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Randall Cobb return Punts/Kick-off's
Yes - He is a great returner and should be utilized.
86%
 86%  [ 38 ]
No - He is too promising of a player to risk serious injury.
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 44

palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must say I missed on Cobb on draft day a bit. I had a day2 grade there and called him a poor man's Harvin more than once. I did not think he had much outside ability though and would have laughed at you if you said he could have caught that TD over his shoulder this past weekend. In that, I'm not real sure at some point you don't take away some of his special teams responsibilities. But not any time soon. For now you get the ball in that kids hands by any means possible until the rest of his game develops.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I made a comment about this in the Game Day thread... personally I think he should not be returning kick offs. I like him on punts, but with Jennings and Nelson currently down, I don't want to know what would happen if he had a freak injury on a kick off. IMO we need to save him for more offensive snaps.

But then again who's next in line for KRs Laughing
Nelson.. Oh wait. How about Shields... Oh wait.

Yea i think are only real option at either return spot is Cobb right now.

Yupp, I realized that mid post Laughing

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
Most definitely. He's a top 5 returner in the league.

Cobb needs a minimum of 20 touches per game in my opinion. (With Jennings out)

I truly don't understand why he's not in our backfield more.

Probably because Jennings is out TBH. I think he was something like 80% in the backfield or slot with him in and is only like 15% since he's been gone. Numbers in that range. Also Starks looks much better not out of the shotgun than Green so far. If we are running under-center I would rather have Starks back there IMO.

This. Starks has the vision at this point. Not to say Green can't develop it, but Starks is hitting the lane and picking up consistent yardage. I liked the usage of each (Starks on early downs, Green out of the backfield on screens, etc).

Weren't you advocating against the usage of Cobb out of the backfield earlier on in the season? I saw that repeatedly. Is it the size or potential for injury that deterred you? The way I look at it is the kid can be used a number of ways, and he's most dangerous when he's getting different looks and the defense is forced to adjust. He's a combination of Sproles and Harvin and we need to maximize his potential by giving him different angles to work from.
Hyde just lost his cutlerginity.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he should be out there, he is a stud returner and should be utilized as such

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
I made a comment about this in the Game Day thread... personally I think he should not be returning kick offs. I like him on punts, but with Jennings and Nelson currently down, I don't want to know what would happen if he had a freak injury on a kick off. IMO we need to save him for more offensive snaps.

But then again who's next in line for KRs Laughing

What if he has a freak injury out of the backfield, or at WR? Starting field position play a huge part in scoring TDs so not having Cobb back there will make TDs harder to come by.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: