Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Oakland Raiders
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Oakland Raiders Reply with quote

VS

Key Match-ups

The Buccaneers WR vs Raiders secondary

The Raiders secondary started the season struggling but in recent weeks has really slowed down the opposition, limiting big plays and getting to the QB. While Tampa has a very explosive passing game and the last three games Freeman has scored 3td's 3 straight weeks. Things to look at are the mismatches that Jackson, and Dallas Clark create in the slot over the middle. There are also other questions such as will Michael Huff, Pat Lee and Phillip Adams be able to cover Mike Williams on the outside. And the linebackers need to cover Doug Martin out of the backfield.

The Raider WR vs the Buccaneers secondary

The Buccaneers have struggles all year in pass defense without the ability to win one vs one match ups with a very aggressive defense, which is why they rank near the bottom in the league in pass defense. And with Wright being injured/suspended and trading away there number one, there will be opportunities for big plays. They are are also starting a rookie at FS, along with there linebackers not standing out at any particular position. The Raiders will have opportunities for one on one plays, and Moore along with DHB excel in these type of situations, if the Raider WR can break a tackle or two there will be huge gains to be had in the bucs secondary.

Overall the game will come down to secondaries as both teams have strong run defenses. If the secondaries hold both defenses should be able to get pressure with the TB and OAK Oline's struggling. This game is very pivotal for both teams as it will get them back to .500 and right in the middle of the playoff race, TB is traveling to a western timezone which has proven to have an effect both ways.

Prediction- 31-30 Raiders

Last edited by Nodisrespect on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
BigMike1b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another key-matchup is going to be our front-7 against their o-line in the run game. We need to take advantage of the fact that they are missing their two probowl guards in Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph. Get pressure and Freeman will fold.

I have:

Raiders 27

Bucs 20

I expect DMC and our run game to come alive now that we're committed to implementing more gap-blocking.

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB is coming in without their 2 starting CB's, 2 starting Guards, and they're traveling cross country.....yeah, we better win this.

Defense has to keep on playing at a high level and the offense has to show up, hopefully we win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
backinblack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a true test for both Huff and our run D. jackson will give Huff all he can handle and Martin is a future stud. Both QB's are prone to make a mistake when pressured so oline has to hang tough. We need to penetrate up the middle and send burris and wheeler off the edges. i think we wear their defense down in the second half and mcfadden takes over in the fourth to put it away.
27-17 Raiders
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
Another key-matchup is going to be our front-7 against their o-line in the run game. We need to take advantage of the fact that they are missing their two probowl guards in Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph. Get pressure and Freeman will fold.

I have:

Raiders 27

Bucs 20

I expect DMC and our run game to come alive now that we're committed to implementing more gap-blocking.

This

Raiders interior DL v. TB interior OL all the way.
early43

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the game that both Kelly and Seymour should show up. If they cant make plays against TB's depleted Oline, were going to have a tough time. Time for them to earn their big salaries. I dont have any doubt that Bryant will have a good showing.

Also, Knapp needs to get Reece involved. Its pathetic how under utilized hes been so far.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Williams is gonna have a big day. All attention will be on Jackson and it leaves Williams one on one with Lee. Really wish Bartell was activated but not till next week. The Interior of the DLine is critical vs a depleted Bucs interior OLine. They're gonna help the corners if they get pressure.

Doug Martin worries me more catching out of the backfield. Burris and Wheeler need to be ready.

Offense needs to convert. Bucs are among the worst vs the pass. You get opportunities you must capitalize on them. Even though the run game is getting better the Bucs have a good run D.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
BigMike1b wrote:

I have:

Raiders 27

Bucs 20

This

Considering what kind of pressure you put on the KC interior line, this should be a strong advantage. Freeman can get rattled, good shot at a win for you guys IMO

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
BigMike1b wrote:

I have:

Raiders 27

Bucs 20

This

Considering what kind of pressure you put on the KC interior line, this should be a strong advantage. Freeman can get rattled, good shot at a win for you guys IMO

Thanks for the kind words sir.

Preacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think for some reason that this is going to be an offensive shoot out. Expect a lot of screens, and big passes over the middle. Unfortunately I think we are looking at 38-37 Bucs.

Thanks JTJagg7754

There is good and evil, choose good.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:

Doug Martin worries me more catching out of the backfield. Burris and Wheeler need to be ready.

He's who is worrying me the most as well. He looks like a special RB already.
I'd rather force Freeman to beat us. He's surely capable of it but i'd take the chance.

On offense, we need a huge game for Palmer and the WRs against below average CBs.
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I watched these two play in person, Tampa Bay was trouncing us 48-21 in SBXXXVII. I will be there tomorrow and I'm praying for a better outcome. 23-13 Raiders sounds about right.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

He's who is worrying me the most as well. He looks like a special RB already.
I'd rather force Freeman to beat us. He's surely capable of it but i'd take the chance.

On offense, we need a huge game for Palmer and the WRs against below average CBs.

Don't let his monster game against min. scare you. We get out front salt we will take him out like we did Charles.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primary focus should be stopping the run and dont give Freeman time in the pocket.

It seems E. Wright will be playing but he has been torched of late anyways.

Hopefully we can continue to run the ball well and Gordon is a week healthier to help blocking.
Raider87

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Martin is the one that worries me. I truly believe if we can stop him on the ground we'll have a high percentage chance to win this game. I'm excited!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 1 of 44

Jump to: