Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Midseason Awards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
I would actually say Myers has been the offensive MVP. Heís been big, a great safety net for Palmer. He creates enough space to get open and has good hands. I think Palmer has had some moments, but the mistakes have hurt too much. His season has reminded me of Kerry Collinsí season is 2005. So I did some research and their numbers through 8 games are pretty identical. I think by the end of the year Reece will be the MVP. Heís the complete package, I wish he was involved more.

Hereís Palmers through 9 weeks and 8 games:
W-L: 3-5-Completion % 60.9-Yards 2355-TDís 13-INT 8-Fumbles lost 3-Rating 85.6

Collins through 9 weeks and 8 games
W-L 3-5-Completion % 55-YARDs-2057-TDís 12-INTS 3-Fumbles lost 3-Rating 90.64

I think Palmer is ten times more talented than Collins ever was, but he drives me crazy with the crappy decision making. I honestly used to argue about him with friends, when he was with Cinci. I argued that he would be the best QB in the league and my friends would laugh and always say Brady and Manning are better because they are smarter. I see it now. He just makes poor choices. Heís playing his [inappropriate/removed] off and is surrounded by a poor line and no running game, so he deserves a ton of credit and Iíve softened my stance on him, but still expect more. Hopefully we build some talent around him.
Itís hard to pick a defensive MVP, by default I guess it is Wheeler.

Burris would be our rookie of the year on defense and Streeter on offense.

How about comparing Palmer to a great quarterback

10 C. Palmer, QB OAK 330 201 60.9 2355 7.1 64 13 8 85.6 294.4

3 E. Manning, QB NYG 318 194 61.0 2426 7.6 80 12 9 85.5 269.6
Palmer has played great all year with no WRs,no O-line and no running game
Chali21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
I would actually say Myers has been the offensive MVP. Heís been big, a great safety net for Palmer. He creates enough space to get open and has good hands. I think Palmer has had some moments, but the mistakes have hurt too much. His season has reminded me of Kerry Collinsí season is 2005. So I did some research and their numbers through 8 games are pretty identical. I think by the end of the year Reece will be the MVP. Heís the complete package, I wish he was involved more.

I think Palmer is ten times more talented than Collins ever was, but he drives me crazy with the crappy decision making. I honestly used to argue about him with friends, when he was with Cinci. I argued that he would be the best QB in the league and my friends would laugh and always say Brady and Manning are better because they are smarter. I see it now. He just makes poor choices. Heís playing his [inappropriate/removed] off and is surrounded by a poor line and no running game, so he deserves a ton of credit and Iíve softened my stance on him, but still expect more. Hopefully we build some talent around him.

Yeah but you know what Eli does?

Make fourth quarter comebacks.

oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Jared Veldheer definitely deserves a spot on this list. If he were a rookie stepping in at LT, no one would have Burris ahead of him. He's been good this season, despite going up against defenses that have their ears pinned back against our one dimensional offense.

This is something that slipped my mind. He does have a tougher job w/ that but he still needs to produce more IMO. I'd love to see him w/ a more balanced attack. Not only that, I'd like to see his "numbers" as the game progresses and we still have to pretend we have a running game in the first couple quarters until everyone knows we have to pass b/c we're behind, late.

The OL as a whole hasn't been great at pass blocking and has been terrible in the running game for anyone to be considered IMO. If pressed I'd have to put Wisniewski above Veldheer on the list, Veldheer hasn't been terrible but he's had one or two very Flaky games and despite missing all of camp and struggling with injury recuperation in the offseason Wiz has come in and done a respectable job nontheless.

That's why he isn't on my list. He had 2 terrible games.

Also, Jtagg, Jano is #1 for me because he's the only player on this team doing his job as well as you can ask.
I have no problem with anyone putting Palmer above of Wheeler since i think they're pretty close as far as overall performance this season. I probably put Palmer behind Wheeler because i have a hard time dealing with some of his avoidable interceptions.
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Jared Veldheer definitely deserves a spot on this list. If he were a rookie stepping in at LT, no one would have Burris ahead of him. He's been good this season, despite going up against defenses that have their ears pinned back against our one dimensional offense.

This is something that slipped my mind. He does have a tougher job w/ that but he still needs to produce more IMO. I'd love to see him w/ a more balanced attack. Not only that, I'd like to see his "numbers" as the game progresses and we still have to pretend we have a running game in the first couple quarters until everyone knows we have to pass b/c we're behind, late.

The OL as a whole hasn't been great at pass blocking and has been terrible in the running game for anyone to be considered IMO. If pressed I'd have to put Wisniewski above Veldheer on the list, Veldheer hasn't been terrible but he's had one or two very Flaky games and despite missing all of camp and struggling with injury recuperation in the offseason Wiz has come in and done a respectable job nontheless.

That's why he isn't on my list. He had 2 terrible games.

Also, Jtagg, Jano is #1 for me because he's the only player on this team doing his job as well as you can ask.
I have no problem with anyone putting Palmer above of Wheeler since i think they're pretty close as far as overall performance this season. I probably put Palmer behind Wheeler because i have a hard time dealing with some of his avoidable interceptions.

The Falcons game comes to mind, but when was his other bad game?
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:

The Falcons game comes to mind, but when was [Veldheer's] other bad game?

Jax. Only OL to surrender a sack to the hapless Jags in addition to tying for the team lead with 4 QB hurries.
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Jax. Only OL to surrender a sack to the hapless Jags in addition to tying for the team lead with 4 QB hurries.

No way? If that's not the craziest stat, I don't know what is.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Darkness wrote:

err.. . . Raider OL that is. If that's why it's crazy.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't think McClain is the biggest disappointment because he's playing almost exactly how he did last year. What else did we expect? He's been slightly better this year but still not good enough to be a starting MLB.

For me, McFadden is the biggest disappointment, along with Seymour, and Briesel. It's not McFadden's fault, but he still has to take a small amount of blame for his lack of production. Seymour just doesn't have it anymore, and seems to lack focus. Same with Kelly.

Briesel is so average... I honestly thought he would upgrade our OL but I guess Houston's OL last year overshadowed his average/below average play.

bitty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
bitty wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

Yeah but you know what Eli does?

Make fourth quarter comebacks.

Eli has to score only once. Palmer has to score 2-3 touchdowns to win the game and he brings the Raiders pretty close every week.
Palmer has a great arm and accuracy some of those throws that get intercepted must have been bad routes by the WRs.

I don't think people know how lucky we are to have Palmer.
His WRs run bad routes, dropped passes, his O-Line can't block he gets hit all the time,has no running game and still he doesn't complain he's a true team leader. He worth the price we payed for him and more.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Darkness wrote:

err.. . . Raider OL that is. If that's why it's crazy.

I think I get it now. Jared was the only offensive lineman to surrender a sack to the Jags that game. I thought you meant the Raiders were the only team to allow a sack against the Jags all season. My bad. lol
Chali21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone who's impressed me is huff. Dude has made a good conversion to CB, and the fact that he did it during the season is pretty impressive.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Darkness wrote:

No. The Jags had 2 vs Minnesota, 1 vs the Bears. After us they got 2 vs Green Bay, 1 vs Green Bay and Detroit and 2 vs the Colts.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: