Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Midseason Awards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually say Myers has been the offensive MVP. Hes been big, a great safety net for Palmer. He creates enough space to get open and has good hands. I think Palmer has had some moments, but the mistakes have hurt too much. His season has reminded me of Kerry Collins season is 2005. So I did some research and their numbers through 8 games are pretty identical. I think by the end of the year Reece will be the MVP. Hes the complete package, I wish he was involved more.

Heres Palmers through 9 weeks and 8 games:
W-L: 3-5-Completion % 60.9-Yards 2355-TDs 13-INT 8-Fumbles lost 3-Rating 85.6

Collins through 9 weeks and 8 games
W-L 3-5-Completion % 55-YARDs-2057-TDs 12-INTS 3-Fumbles lost 3-Rating 90.64

I think Palmer is ten times more talented than Collins ever was, but he drives me crazy with the crappy decision making. I honestly used to argue about him with friends, when he was with Cinci. I argued that he would be the best QB in the league and my friends would laugh and always say Brady and Manning are better because they are smarter. I see it now. He just makes poor choices. Hes playing his [inappropriate/removed] off and is surrounded by a poor line and no running game, so he deserves a ton of credit and Ive softened my stance on him, but still expect more. Hopefully we build some talent around him.
Its hard to pick a defensive MVP, by default I guess it is Wheeler.

Burris would be our rookie of the year on defense and Streeter on offense.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top 10 Raiders so far this season:

1. Janikowski - Flawless, best player by far.
2. Wheeler - He had some bad games but he has been good in most of them.
3. Palmer - He can look great one minute and make a terrible decision the next one.
4. Houston - He started slow but has been the most consistent defender for the last month.
5. Reece - Everytime he's involved, he's producing. He'd probably be higher if he was more involved.
6. Moore - He was looking very good until a couple weeks ago when he started looking out of sync and dropped too many easy catches.
7. Myers - He's doing good as a receiver but his blocking is bad.
8. Lechler - He doesn't look as good as he used to but he's still performing better than most players on this team.
9. Bryant - He's playing alright, nothing spectacular but no major mistakes either.
10. Burris - His last game was pretty bad but he has been mostly solid the rest of the season.

Who do you got?
Darbsk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

3. Palmer - He can look great one minute and make a terrible decision the next one.
4. Houston - He started slow but has been the most consistent defender for the last month.
5. Reece - Everytime he's involved, he's producing. He'd probably be higher if he was more involved.
6. Moore - He was looking very good until a couple weeks ago when he started looking out of sync and dropped too many easy catches.
8. Lechler - He doesn't look as good as he used to but he's still performing better than most players on this team.
9. Bryant - He's playing alright, nothing spectacular but no major mistakes either.
10. Burris - His last game was pretty bad but he has been mostly solid the rest of the season.

Who do you got?

Janikowski has as you say been excellent yet again, forgot about him....

Reece simply hasn't had enough scope to affect games positively, could this be the time for him to shine?

Bryant looks like 1/2 of the future interior DL to me. Needs a stout presence next to him to bring out his best, can be really disruptive.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

top 10

1) seabass
2) lee - he has played well vrs every wr he has faced this season iirc
3) goody - making a case for himself to start
4) houston - hustler
5) cp
6) bryant - solid cant wait till tko and rich are gone
7) myers - surprised me. would go higher but his blocking sucks
Cool streeter - came from no where and is a poor mans vic cruz imo
9) huff - in a 3 week stretch he was mr lockdown
10) wheeler - a turn over machine

hm: burris

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no coach of the year mid season awards? Laughing Laughing Laughing

green24 wrote:
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
top 10

1) seabass
2) lee - he has played well vrs every wr he has faced this season iirc
3) goody - making a case for himself to start
4) houston - hustler
5) cp
6) bryant - solid cant wait till tko and rich are gone
7) myers - surprised me. would go higher but his blocking sucks
Cool streeter - came from no where and is a poor mans vic cruz imo
9) huff - in a 3 week stretch he was mr lockdown
10) wheeler - a turn over machine

hm: burris

LOL @ putting all those people ahead of Palmer LMAO!!!!!! HATE HATE HATE.

Lee??? LOL!!!!!!! Goodson?? The dude has barely played LOL!!!!!!! Houston has been OK and showed flashes and all but only had maybe 2 "great" games. Seabass.... who's getting Seabass in position to kick those FGs???

You are just.......... nevermind.....

PM sig requests.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goody is the only threat at rb that we have averaging more than 6 a carry and over 12 a rec

also its funny how people fail to realize that goody's kick returning skills have usually given the offense great field position.

green24 wrote:
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
goody is the only threat at rb that we have averaging more than 6 a carry and over 12 a rec

also its funny how people fail to realize that goody's kick returning skills have usually given the offense great field position.

LOLLLL so wait, a guy w/ 17 attempts running the ball is better than our QB who is the only reason we've won or even been in games for the most part????

You're right, haters are gonna hate. One of the most ridiculous things I've ever read..... seriously.

PM sig requests.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

Who do you got?

Hard to disagree with this.

It's on point & sad that we have to dig so deep to think of 10 players. Thinking of 5 was hard enough. No one is truly excelling on this team.
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

Who do you got?

Jared Veldheer definitely deserves a spot on this list. If he were a rookie stepping in at LT, no one would have Burris ahead of him. He's been good this season, despite going up against defenses that have their ears pinned back against our one dimensional offense.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

Who do you got?

Again, Jano has been great but Palmer is literally the only person getting him in position to give him a chance to get on this list. At the same time, the offense's (both Palmer and not him) inability to get the ball in the end-zone also helps Jano achieve his numbers.

For this, I would rank them 1a and 1b. Our society generally doesn't like to think of the positives but more or less wants them to be expected, so we generally focus on the negatives. You don't call McDonald's when you get your order the way you want it, but instead only to complain as an example. Essentially it seems you're saying the same about Wheeler except to a further extent and he's placed above Palmer. Maybe your logic was that Palmer is the QB so his mistakes hinder us more than Wheeler's which I do agree w/ but I cannot say Palmer's mistakes (or how abundant they are) outweigh Wheeler's.

That being said, if I were to finish off the rankings, it would be:

3. Wheeler
4. Myers - Excellent emergence. I was hard on the kid the past couple of years but he's proven me very wrong and I couldn't be happier.
5. Reece - I think he need more touches. If he did, he's be third on my list and that's an indication of how I feel about his ability.
6. Moore - We have an excellent, young group of WRs and he's leading the way. I'm very excited about this group.
7. Houston - I could be doing to Houston what the general fan did to Justin Smith his entire career. He has been solid but he just doesn't do enough for me to rank him higher. I'm sure he would get more notice if we had a better supporting cast around him.
8. Burris - This kid has been a very pleasant surprise. VERY pleasant. He's playing great football and albeit he's making rookie mistakes, I believe he'll get rid of those tendencies as he gets older.
9. Lechler - He's still doing him. Shame he's dropped this far. I could see him being a cap casualty over the off-season (I believe he's still in contact but I'd have to look)
10. Goodson - He's showing he could be a nice addition to the offense given more touches. I think he would be higher if he were more involved but he's not thus far ergo him barely making the cut.

I simply cannot put too many people on this list on defense due to how poorly they perform majority of the time. I hope they get it together for the 2nd half stretch.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:

Jared Veldheer definitely deserves a spot on this list. If he were a rookie stepping in at LT, no one would have Burris ahead of him. He's been good this season, despite going up against defenses that have their ears pinned back against our one dimensional offense.

This is something that slipped my mind. He does have a tougher job w/ that but he still needs to produce more IMO. I'd love to see him w/ a more balanced attack. Not only that, I'd like to see his "numbers" as the game progresses and we still have to pretend we have a running game in the first couple quarters until everyone knows we have to pass b/c we're behind, late.

PM sig requests.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_Tagg is Palmer your kid? Bother, cousin, nephew? You love the guy. He has been ray of light on the team this year, but far from perfect.

His receivers make plays too and run some decent routes to get wide open. Palmer has made some incredible throws this year, but he still has hurt the team with some poor choices.

I'd say his been third best on team this year behind SeaBass and Lechler.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
J_Tagg is Palmer your kid? Bother, cousin, nephew? You love the guy. He has been ray of light on the team this year, but far from perfect.

His receivers make plays too and run some decent routes to get wide open. Palmer has made some incredible throws this year, but he still has hurt the team with some poor choices.

I'd say his been third best on team this year behind SeaBass and Lechler.

Nope. Palmer is the only one getting anything done on a consistent basis on a [inappropriate/removed] poor offense. That's what he is. We'd be 0-season had Campbell or anyone else we've had recently was our QB and I have no doubts about that.

PM sig requests.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

This is something that slipped my mind. He does have a tougher job w/ that but he still needs to produce more IMO. I'd love to see him w/ a more balanced attack. Not only that, I'd like to see his "numbers" as the game progresses and we still have to pretend we have a running game in the first couple quarters until everyone knows we have to pass b/c we're behind, late.

The OL as a whole hasn't been great at pass blocking and has been terrible in the running game for anyone to be considered IMO. If pressed I'd have to put Wisniewski above Veldheer on the list, Veldheer hasn't been terrible but he's had one or two very Flaky games and despite missing all of camp and struggling with injury recuperation in the offseason Wiz has come in and done a respectable job nontheless.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: