Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 GDT - Giants @ Bengals - Lets just hope for a win...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys it's november... no surprise here. expected this outcome.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Just gotta say good game Cincy. Theyre playing well.

What the hell happened out there today ? I really thought you guys were going to take us behind the woodshed.

I thought we'd really struggle with your D-front, but no-one got near Dalton all day. G-men looked very down beat today, Coughlin has gotta use the bye-week to light a fire under some guys.

You guys still look good in your division. Good luck the rest of the way; see you again in 2016.....

Hey man this is what the Giants do. Now they'll either miss the playoffs or win the Super Bowl. There's no in between.

Best of luck to you guys the rest of the way
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you have 4 TDs but only throw for 199 yards? The only game where we've put together a full game was vs 49ers.
All of the Bengals' touchdowns wasnt a result of moving the chains, they all came off a mistake. But have to give cincy credit, their front 7 balled today especially Geno Atkins - dude is a beast.

I thought we were gonna do some no huddle this week? Our offense has been putrid to say the least the past couple weeks. But thats mainly due to eli getting pressured more than he has previously. When you see Cruz drop a TD pass then you know youre having a bad day.

The only guy imo that balled today was Prince. BTW put Locklear back in, he cant be worse than Diehl or even Brewer.

This team should be hyped up after the bye week because we're actually playing a team at our level and its a sunday night game.

"Champagne"..."Mountain Range"..."Hugs".
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we wake up now?

Bolieve in Masai
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Just gotta say good game Cincy. Theyre playing well.

What the hell happened out there today ? I really thought you guys were going to take us behind the woodshed.

I thought we'd really struggle with your D-front, but no-one got near Dalton all day. G-men looked very down beat today, Coughlin has gotta use the bye-week to light a fire under some guys.

You guys still look good in your division. Good luck the rest of the way; see you again in 2016.....

Hey man this is what the Giants do. Now they'll either miss the playoffs or win the Super Bowl. There's no in between.

Best of luck to you guys the rest of the way

Thanks man.....

Still like your chances the rest of the way, and we know not to count out Eli too soon. Giants look way jaded today, looks like they need the bye week bad. Wouldn't be surprised to see you guys at the big dance come January, that big win out west in SF showed me the Giants can match up well with anyone in the NFC. Just a bad day at the office today I guess.

Good luck again.....
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
How do you have 4 TDs but only throw for 199 yards?

Great average starting field position I guess.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

When you start your drive in the red zone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

When you start your drive in the red zone.

it was a rhetorical question lol. its directed at our offense's deficiencies.

"Champagne"..."Mountain Range"..."Hugs".
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Can we wake up now?

I think that is a fair statement. People talking about Eli for MVP? If nothing else, this game is a reminder of what happens when Eli goes "Full Eli."

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't get much of this game thanks to Cablevision. My cable, internet and phone have hit the rocks. Saw we got plastered. 2nd half of the season begins I guess...

^Stone85 on the sig^
Blahman88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eli's just having his annual derp derp period, he'll come good week 14-15 and you'll go deep in the playoffs....I hate you guys

IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eli's play was embarassig, the offensive line was a mess, Bradshaw killed any momentum we had (albeit for 1 drive) with his fumble, Cruz was a complete non-factor, Bennett had no focus, and eventually, the defense quit.

Oh and horrible coaching. THANK GOD WE DON'T HAVE TO WATCH THE $&@!?)! bums next week. Never been so excited for a bye week.

Congrats to the Bengals, that was a decisive win. It isn't their fault we showed up and didn't want to play this weekend.
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of what we see on TV, it's easy to pin the blame on Eli because he's the one with the ball in his hands too long. What we don't see is what is happening down field. At this point in his career, I'm going to give Eli the benefit of the doubt and say that nobody is getting open. You see him scanning the field and going through his progressions. He's never been one to be afraid to pull the trigger when he sees an opening. So either Eli has gone blind, or our receivers aren't creating separation. The announcers showed that Cruz was getting doubled. Nicks got his receptions, but couldn't get over the top for a big play - he still doesn't look like his old self. And beyond that we really had nobody that is a consistent threat. The passing woes are only compounded by the fact that our running game couldn't get going.

Water under the bridge, but Manningham's speed would really be useful right now. I know I was one of the first ones to want to show him the door. But, right now we don't have a real speed threat on the the perimeter. Just for a moment, the crazy thought of playing Jernigan crossed my mind just so we can possibly create some separation.

Another thing that is concerning to me is that defenses are picking up on what we are running before the snap. Apparently the Pittsburgh Steelers got clues from something that Hynoski was doing. And yesterday the announcers mentioned that Lewis said you can pick up clues based on the Giants formations. That is very concerning because there is no easier way to stop an offense.

Looking at the schedules, the Cowboys are going to be closing in fast. Hopefully a sense of urgency will light another fire under Coughlin and the players.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
minutemancl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Because of what we see on TV, it's easy to pin the blame on Eli because he's the one with the ball in his hands too long. What we don't see is what is happening down field. At this point in his career, I'm going to give Eli the benefit of the doubt and say that nobody is getting open. You see him scanning the field and going through his progressions. He's never been one to be afraid to pull the trigger when he sees an opening. So either Eli has gone blind, or our receivers aren't creating separation. The announcers showed that Cruz was getting doubled. Nicks got his receptions, but couldn't get over the top for a big play - he still doesn't look like his old self. And beyond that we really had nobody that is a consistent threat. The passing woes are only compounded by the fact that our running game couldn't get going.

Water under the bridge, but Manningham's speed would really be useful right now. I know I was one of the first ones to want to show him the door. But, right now we don't have a real speed threat on the the perimeter. Just for a moment, the crazy thought of playing Jernigan crossed my mind just so we can possibly create some separation.

Another thing that is concerning to me is that defenses are picking up on what we are running before the snap. Apparently the Pittsburgh Steelers got clues from something that Hynoski was doing. And yesterday the announcers mentioned that Lewis said you can pick up clues based on the Giants formations. That is very concerning because there is no easier way to stop an offense.

Looking at the schedules, the Cowboys are going to be closing in fast. Hopefully a sense of urgency will light another fire under Coughlin and the players.

You are definitely right on about the WRs. I think the blame for this skid lies mostly on them and the coaches, actually. No separation from the receivers and the coaches are making no adjustments while opposing teams are going into the game touting to the media that they have us figured out.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
fluhartz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Gmen wrote:

You are definitely right on about the WRs. I think the blame for this skid lies mostly on them and the coaches, actually. No separation from the receivers and the coaches are making no adjustments while opposing teams are going into the game touting to the media that they have us figured out.

if you get out coached by Marvin, its a bad day...
I was stunned by the game yesterday.. Not that we won, just how the game went.. Giants will probably be fine, just a very bad day...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: