Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 GDT The Fox and the Hound
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win
Broncos
89%
 89%  [ 26 ]
Panthers
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 29

hibdib31

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun stats:

Panthers were 0-12 on third downs. On those plays, the Broncos defense allowed a total of -12 yards.

Cam Newton stats for all third down situations:
1 for 5 on passing attempts for 8 yards, 1 interception, 5 sacks, 2 rushing attempts for 0 yards.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically he dropped back 12 times and we sacked him on 5 of them.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Man, I saw Miller coming off the edge agaist just the tackle several times...just look at the game film. Not saying Miller doesn't get some double teams, but to just disregard someones thought with crap of your own is disrespectful of fellow Broncos posters.

Of course you did, teams don't leave in an extra blocker every play. The point is, Elvis Dumervil is pretty much never doubled and he has zero impact on the attention Von Miller gets. No one doubles Elvis Dumervil. The absolute most you can argue is that their might be a third down back to Dumervil's side every once in a while on third down. But generally that's not even the case.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
Man, I saw Miller coming off the edge agaist just the tackle several times...just look at the game film. Not saying Miller doesn't get some double teams, but to just disregard someones thought with crap of your own is disrespectful of fellow Broncos posters.

Of course you did, teams don't leave in an extra blocker every play. The point is, Elvis Dumervil is pretty much never doubled and he has zero impact on the attention Von Miller gets. No one doubles Elvis Dumervil. The absolute most you can argue is that their might be a third down back to Dumervil's side every once in a while on third down. But generally that's not even the case.

So that's how he's got those seven sacks and 5 FF....to say he gets no doubles is merely ignorant, Doom is well respected in this league and DC's know the impact he has. In tandem with Miller, they form a superior duo, but don't forget Doom was getting his even before Miller stepped on the same field.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to defend Tracy Porter.

He was playing well before his illness. Not fantastic, he had that bonehead play against Houston, but I was lauding him as the best RBC since Darrent at least.

However Carter and Harris are playing out their skin and don't forget we have Omar Bolden.

Porter should return as 4th CB IMO
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
I'm going to defend Tracy Porter.

He was playing well before his illness. Not fantastic, he had that bonehead play against Houston, but I was lauding him as the best RBC since Darrent at least.

However Carter and Harris are playing out their skin and don't forget we have Omar Bolden.

Porter should return as 4th CB IMO

I haven't been particularly impressed with Bolden, but I suppose it's good news that he is seeing some time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to remember the last time Denver got TD's from all 3 parts of the team and I can't.

I'd be interested to know if we've ever done it. Seems like a fairly rare occurence.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Manning mic'ed up for this game?

One blogger reported that NFL network recorded Manning's audibles.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Was Manning mic'ed up for this game?

One blogger reported that NFL network recorded Mannin's audibles

I heard Manning getting ragged on by Bolden, I believe. He took it so well.

Last edited by jsthomp2007 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
So that's how he's got those seven sacks and 5 FF....to say he gets no doubles is merely ignorant, Doom is well respected in this league and DC's know the impact he has. In tandem with Miller, they form a superior duo, but don't forget Doom was getting his even before Miller stepped on the same field.

It's a rare sight for Dumervil to get double teams on passing plays. He's single blocked most of the time. It's not ignorant, just watch. If you actually do, you'll also see who loses the matchups about 80% of the time or more.

What Elvis Dumervil has done in the past is irrelevant. The NFL is constantly changing and player's performance isn't a steady, consistant thing. All that matters is how Dumervil is performing this year. Any team who gives Dumervil extra attention based on his past are just not well-prepared.

Von Miller is a one man wrecking crew who can singlehandedly ruin any play the other team's offense tries to run. Elvis Dumervil has little to no impact on what Von Miller does. If you need any evidence by the way of just how easy it really is to get the occasional sack in Dumervil's position all you need to do is watch the last freaking game. We brought in Robert Ayers and didn't miss a beat. Some people are now making optimistic comments about Ayers. What they should be inferring in my opinion is how unimportant the players at that position are. Instead more crap about what a great "duo" they are. No it's one great player and a bunch of wannabes.
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

It's a rare sight for Dumervil to get double teams on passing plays. He's single blocked most of the time. It's not ignorant, just watch. If you actually do, you'll also see who loses the matchups about 80% of the time or more.

What Elvis Dumervil has done in the past is irrelevant. The NFL is constantly changing and player's performance isn't a steady, consistant thing. All that matters is how Dumervil is performing this year. Any team who gives Dumervil extra attention based on his past are just not well-prepared.

Von Miller is a one man wrecking crew who can singlehandedly ruin any play the other team's offense tries to run. Elvis Dumervil has little to no impact on what Von Miller does. If you need any evidence by the way of just how easy it really is to get the occasional sack in Dumervil's position all you need to do is watch the last freaking game. We brought in Robert Ayers and didn't miss a beat. Some people are now making optimistic comments about Ayers. What they should be inferring in my opinion is how unimportant the players at that position are. Instead more crap about what a great "duo" they are. No it's one great player and a bunch of wannabes.

I agree with you on Dumervil. As far as Ayers, I thought he was quite impressive against the Panthers, he consistently won battles as far as I could tell and was making an impact from RE, something, aside from 1 play, Dumervil didn't do.

Last edited by germ-x on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always said this about Rob, when he puts it together, he's a force. He can literally be unblockable sometimes. He was destroying Byron Bell. Hell, Derek Wolfe was literally tearing Amini Silatolu apart. I almost felt bad for him. I was at the game, and I can say that Dumervil, IMO, didn't play as bad as Anti makes it out to be, but nowhere near as good as others make it out to be. He had a few good plays, but make no mistake, Von allowing him to go one on one obviously helps him a ton. And that's fine, if he can take advantage more going forward, we'll be okay.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
He had a few good plays, but make no mistake, Von allowing him to go one on one obviously helps him a ton. And that's fine, if he can take advantage more going forward, we'll be okay.

Too bad Dumervil never wins matchups against good passing offenses.
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
He had a few good plays, but make no mistake, Von allowing him to go one on one obviously helps him a ton. And that's fine, if he can take advantage more going forward, we'll be okay.

I think you are being a little to harsh as usual. Dumervil has been a good player for many years. To say we have one superstar and a bunch of wannabes is a gross generalization and typical for you. While I would agree that too much credit is heaped upon players as you often point out, I think Dumervil's play a speaks for itself. He has consistently been a good pass rusher since coming into the NFL. He has also done a nice job of becoming a more complete defensive end. He does a better job of setting the edge and making plays in the run game. Overall Doom is a much more complete player than he ever has been.

The most important question will be whether he is worth the 11 million a year he is scheduled to get next year????? Von Miller will need sopme more money here real soon. As will DT, Clady and others.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I think you are being a little to harsh as usual. Dumervil has been a good player for many years. To say we have one superstar and a bunch of wannabes is a gross generalization and typical for you. While I would agree that too much credit is heaped upon players as you often point out, I think Dumervil's play a speaks for itself. He has consistently been a good pass rusher since coming into the NFL. He has also done a nice job of becoming a more complete defensive end. He does a better job of setting the edge and making plays in the run game. Overall Doom is a much more complete player than he ever has been.

The most important question will be whether he is worth the 11 million a year he is scheduled to get next year????? Von Miller will need sopme more money here real soon. As will DT, Clady and others.

He is absolutely not worth 11 million a year. As I said, he isn't as good, or as bad as people say. Miller, Clady, DT, Decker, Carter, Harris....we need to start thinking about these guys and the money they are due.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: