Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 GDT The Fox and the Hound
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win
Broncos
89%
 89%  [ 26 ]
Panthers
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 29

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
They only credited Von Miller with 1 sack. That is complete garbage. He CLEARLY had 2 sacks and should be #1 in the NFL. Not talking

Yea, I noticed that too. Wonder why they didn't give him credit for both sacks?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
They only credited Von Miller with 1 sack. That is complete garbage. He CLEARLY had 2 sacks and should be #1 in the NFL. Not talking

No he shouldn't have got that sack. When the qb commits to running as newton did on that play he is no longer a passer and therefore its a tfl not a sack.

Thanks, Tzimisce
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Where's ihatepotholes?

Right here. I'm happy that he scored a TD, but one TD doesn't convince me. 5 rush gained 5 yards? I didn't watch the game, so I'm not gonna comment on his performance. Ask for me when he really breaks out.
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von was an animal today. No answer for him, he was unblockable. The counting stats didn't really pile up for him, but his impact was immeasurable today.

Also on the DL Ayers had a nice game replacing Doom. Thats the most pressure I've seen him generate since the Steelers playoff game last year. Sometimes you learn some things from taking a step back and watching the games, maybe this has happened for Ayers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense needs to ply better but the Defense and ST played great. Den can all but wrap up the division next week against the chargers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:

I'm guessing they've counted to one hit on Newton a TFL and not a sack as it was a design QB run on 3rd and short.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1234567 wrote:
My opinion on Doom. He's not the best overall DE around for sure. But his ability to pressure the QB and force turnovers still makes him worth the money. Without him on the other side of the line, Miller wouldn't be as successful either. They would just dedicate two guys to block him all the time.

Teams already double team Von Miller and they single block Elvis Dumervil regardless of who is playing opposite him. What a bunch of rubbish.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN Post-Game Notes wrote:
Cam Newton was put under duress, hit or sacked on 19 of his 45 dropbacks (42.2 pct) in Sunday's game. That's the highest single-game percentage and total for Newton this season, and the highest number of dropbacks under pressure the Broncos defense has forced in a game this season. Newton was sacked seven times, tied for fourth most in a game this season, and finished 1-of-9 for 8 yards and an interception when under duress.

While the aggressiveness of the defense was burned by screens at points, the pass rush was super effective. With the secondary playing tight coverage, this was a very well executed defensive game plan. Applause
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the game today as I was in Barcelona for the weekend. I agree with pretty much what all of you have said. We seemed out of sync on Offense, and to be honest our Offensive Line got beaten up pretty badly. Manning got them out of trouble in pass pro and we got beasted in the run game.

A few random thoughts :-

* I have been critical of Ayers for a while, and I said he wasn't worthy of a roster spot before the season. That said, I thought he was very good yesterday. He appears to be play with much better pad level now which will allow him to utilise his core strength a lot more.

* Von Miller - wow. That stat line really doesn't do his performance justice; that was as dominant as a Defensive performance as you likely to see, and that is with him getting held on soooooo many plays.

* Willis has to stop fumbling - it is that simply. Does anyone else just 'know' when he is going to fumble? It is always when he breaks the first line of tacklers, and then it is as if he forgets they are going to hit him from behind. I think Hillman is still to indecisive to run the ball consistently so we are going to have to ride Willis, but he has to find a way to stop turning the ball over.

* Tony Carter's price tag is going up by the game. At what point do we gamble and give this guy an extension? At this rate he is going to be too expensive come the end of the year.

It was a very good Defensive performance that got us this win, and I think even Peyton would admit that. Hey - I have no qualms in winning by that many points on the road when we weren't even close to our best.

MUFC OK
jonnylongfella

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

No he shouldn't have got that sack. When the qb commits to running as newton did on that play he is no longer a passer and therefore its a tfl not a sack.

Though I'm not certain which specific play you guys were referring to, I don't think this isn't entirely true. It is for college, but not at the pro level.

I believe that if it's clearly a pass play and the qb commits to the run, it's still considered a sack as long as the tackle occurs behind the line of scrimmage. That's why you sometimes see qb's get flushed out of the pocket, clearly committing to the run/scramble, then run out of bounds a few yards behind the line of scrimmage. On those plays even though there wasn't a physical tackle made, I think a sack is awarded to the closest player. Same would hold true ifa tackle is made in the field of play.

big_palooka wrote:

Call me a troll if you must.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnylongfella wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

Though I'm not certain which specific play you guys were referring to, I don't think this isn't entirely true. It is for college, but not at the pro level.

I believe that if it's clearly a pass play and the qb commits to the run, it's still considered a sack as long as the tackle occurs behind the line of scrimmage. That's why you sometimes see qb's get flushed out of the pocket, clearly committing to the run/scramble, then run out of bounds a few yards behind the line of scrimmage. On those plays even though there wasn't a physical tackle made, I think a sack is awarded to the closest player. Same would hold true ifa tackle is made in the field of play.

I think they referenced play is pretty clearly a designed run for Cam Newton on 3rd and 2. I'll try to break it down for those who don't have access to the Rewind footage. The play occurs at the 3:29 mark in the 3rd quarter.

The slot receiver motions down to the left side of the line as an extra blocker. Newton is in the shotgun with Tolbert on his right flank:

As the ball is snapped, Tolbert attacks the left side of the line and the slot receiver looking to make a block. Newton makes a counter motion to the right and would like to cut back and follow Tobert to the left. All the while Von Miller has put an inside move on Greg Olsen, who clearly expected/needed help blocking Miller, and is in the backfield instantly:

Miller blows up Newton for the loss with a highlight reel hit while the rest of the Panthers are clearly run blocking for the short yardage situation. Well, all except Olsen, who is standing there like he just got worked over.

Another awesome play by Von Miller on his dominating afternoon. Cool
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was clearly a designed run for Newton. The only difference between that play and a wildcat play was who took the snap. They got it right. I'm not worried about how many sacks Von gets. He is already one of the most feared defenders in the league. He allows so many other guys to make plays. Sack numbers don't concern me at all. He could have 2 all season and if you watch him on film he is clearly a monster.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
jonnylongfella

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
jonnylongfella wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

I think they referenced play is pretty clearly a designed run for Cam Newton on 3rd and 2. I'll try to break it down for those who don't have access to the Rewind footage. The play occurs at the 3:29 mark in the 3rd quarter.

The slot receiver motions down to the left side of the line as an extra blocker. Newton is in the shotgun with Tolbert on his right flank:

As the ball is snapped, Tolbert attacks the left side of the line and the slot receiver looking to make a block. Newton makes a counter motion to the right and would like to cut back and follow Tobert to the left. All the while Von Miller has put an inside move on Greg Olsen, who clearly expected/needed help blocking Miller, and is in the backfield instantly:

Miller blows up Newton for the loss with a highlight reel hit while the rest of the Panthers are clearly run blocking for the short yardage situation. Well, all except Olsen, who is standing there like he just got worked over.

Another awesome play by Von Miller on his dominating afternoon. Cool

Remember the play well. Never seen the 6'5" 245 lb Superman go down so quickly and abruptly as he did on that play! Definitely a designed run and no sack should be awarded.

The box score won't show what a truly dominant performance Von had yesterday. In my opinion, probably the best game of his young career.

big_palooka wrote:

Call me a troll if you must.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
1234567 wrote:
My opinion on Doom. He's not the best overall DE around for sure. But his ability to pressure the QB and force turnovers still makes him worth the money. Without him on the other side of the line, Miller wouldn't be as successful either. They would just dedicate two guys to block him all the time.

Teams already double team Von Miller and they single block Elvis Dumervil regardless of who is playing opposite him. What a bunch of rubbish.

Man, I saw Miller coming off the edge agaist just the tackle several times...just look at the game film. Not saying Miller doesn't get some double teams, but to just disregard someones thought with crap of your own is disrespectful of fellow Broncos posters.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st in sacks
1st in passer rating
t-1st in sacks allowed

superbowl formula....

Fify.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: