Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jimmy Johnson A Football Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Jimmy say that the reason he wanted smart players was that he could reason with a smart player, and get him to change his ways, or see things Johnson's way if he had to vs. a player Jimmy characterized as "dumb" was a guy who just didn't get it, from a football perspective and never would?
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
Didn't Jimmy say that the reason he wanted smart players was that he could reason with a smart player, and get him to change his ways, or see things Johnson's way if he had to vs. a player Jimmy characterized as "dumb" was a guy who just didn't get it, from a football perspective and never would?

He said that much anyway...

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
htfryar wrote:
I mean other than Norv Turner.

I've gone on record as saying that I would want us to step outside the organization and bring in Tom Rathman. I just don't see it happening.

How could you not be ecstatic if Dallas were to bring in Turner as OC? The guy, to my memory anyway, has never had a bad offense. Even with Jay Feilder running it. He's always been more run oriented than pass, this despite being an Air Coryell disciple. That plays so well into Dallas' hands when consider Romo's erratic play.

I see what he brings to the table as nothing but a win/win situation.

I'd be ok with us bringing in Norv. The reason I said "other than Norv" is because pretty much everyone wants him. I just don't see it happening.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 13 tackles, 2 TFL, 0 sacks, 1 Pass Break Up
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

1. Dez Bryant - Drafted 1st round- Dosen't understand his role in a hot read, runs wrong routes, fumbles the ball trying to do too much.

The only reason I cut Dez any slack - and I was against the Dez pick - is because he has something so few posses. An unabashed passion to win at all costs. It's something that really does remind me of the playmaker. He has his faults, lord knows he does. But dammit if he hasn't started winning me over.

And I would not associate fumbling with intelligence. He does take unnecessary risks though.

Quote:
2. Felix Jones- Drafted 1st round- Dose not hitthe hole hard, looks for a place to fall down, loses his balance often, fumbles the ball (mostly from hits from the backside), does not know how to pick up a blitz.

Felix was such a bust for several reasons. It really hurts given the sheer amount of talented backs taken after him.

Quote:
3. Anthony Spencer -Drafted 1st round- Can be blocked 1 on 1, takes wrong angle to QB, cannot drop back and cover well.

I. What? Spencer has been excellent.
Quote:

These are just some of the guys that I think this team drafted solely on the hype and didn't really check under the helmet. I'm sure some of you can think of others.

While I agree with your premise. I think you were stretching in your examples.

Yeah.....but just a little.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: