Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SuperBowl Preview? Texans at Bears GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A_Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
All the excuses were suppose to be gone for Cutler this year.

This is what we get?
Resigning him starts to look doubtful unless he improves his play the rest of the year.
There is no doubt on this planet that Cutler is getting resigned. LMAO

The only way I see Cutler not being resigned is if the coaching staff is getting fired and Emery is starting over. I don't see that happening, so I'm gonna go with Cutler being resigned.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
1_two_3_forte wrote:
Jason Campbell's excuses for why he sucked?.......

He said something like.. "Well I got no reps. It's hard to come in and produce and get no reps"

Ummm YEA OF COURSE! NO 2ND STRING QUARTERBACK GETS REPS!! THE OBJECT IS TO HAVE A 2ND STRING QUARTERBACK WHO CAN COME IN AND ATLEAST BE FUNCTIONAL!!!! WHY THE HELL YOU THINK WE SIGNED YOU?! TO COME IN AND DUMP IT OFF BEFORE YOU HIT YOUR BACKFOOT!!!!!

Total garbage! Just utter garbageness. Cut the guy. He is horrible.

And to think he was chosen one pick after Rodgers. He would probably never bring that up to save the embarrasement.

And to think people were shouting in the GDT on the general forum that we are better off with Jason Campbell when Cutler went down....Unreal!

No backup QB produces when they come in at the half, a good backup can win games when forced to start.

Cutler sucked worse than Campbell so I can see where people were coming from.

Cutler is on pace for 3224 yards 21 TDs and 18 INTs that is the real story about our QBs.
This is absolutely laughable, Cutler throws an INT where his TE is blatantly contacted on the route and can't get to the spot so that's his fault huh? The other INT was just a great defensive play and a terrific disguise in coverage, and a MAJOR gamble, b/c if Cutler throws to EB instead of Marshall it's an easy 6 since Jackson just abandoned him, as it was he guessed and guessed right. Can't really get upset about it, Marshall had beaten the one on once coverage he had. Defenses make plays too. Why is no one talking about the great play Cutler made to put the offense on the 5 w/ a chance to tie the game going into halftime that the refs just completely took away. No instead we are going to make really stupid comments like Cutler sucked worse than Campbell. Give me a Break

What is laughable is your defense of the first throw where Davis was covered inside and doubled over the top. That is a bad throw of the Gronk is running that route. Is Davis suppose to knock the LB over and get the ball? Davis was covered on the play from the first step to the pick and the ball should have meet been thrown.

The 2nd one was a nice play by Jackson, but it easy to guess right when the QB throws one way everytime. I was not shocked when DBs started jumping Marshall's routes because we don't target anyone else. I am willing to be that if you have the coaches tape that Jackson does not even cover Bennett past 5 yards and runs right at Marshall.

He made a nice play that should have put us on the 1, but good QBs are judge just as much for the bad plays. And with Jay the bad plays happen to often.

The Campbell being better was an exaggeration, but they were both abysmally bad.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

This is what we get?
Resigning him starts to look doubtful unless he improves his play the rest of the year.

Did I really just see this?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler is not without his faults, but if I were him I wouldn't re-sign unless the team makes a serious commitment to improving the talent level on the offensive line.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Cutler is not without his faults, but if I were him I wouldn't re-sign unless the team makes a serious commitment to improving the talent level on the offensive line.

Cutler is getting resigned because he is the best QB the Bear have bad in 40 years. It would not be easy finding some one better.

My problem is this, is Cutler, like Romo and Rivers, good enough to have a winning record but so flawed and inconsistent that thy cannot win the big games that count?

The Bears will always have a winning record with Cutler, but can thy beat Green Bay, can he win the Superbowl?
bears2308

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this Cutler bashing is ridiculous.

Cutler is a mobile quarterback who has a cannon of an arm. If Marshall didn't drop that TD pass, if Davis didn't fumble and drop the easy first down, if Bush didn't fumble, and if Hester could catch the damn ball then Cutler's stats could have been great. We had at least 4 drive killers that weren't Cutlers fault and we were in scoring distance.

Edit: Not to mention he is the best in the league in the fourth quarter. Don't re-sign him? Blasphemy.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
All this Cutler bashing is ridiculous.

Cutler is a mobile quarterback who has a cannon of an arm. If Marshall didn't drop that TD pass, if Davis didn't fumble and drop the easy first down, if Bush didn't fumble, and if Hester could catch the damn ball then Cutler's stats could have been great. We had at least 4 drive killers that weren't Cutlers fault and we were in scoring distance.

Edit: Not to mention he is the best in the league in the fourth quarter. Don't re-sign him? Blasphemy.

I am not trying to bash.

I was just expecting him to take the next step and I have not seen it yet. I am frustrated that he looks the same as he did before Marshall.

I am glad he is our QB, I just want him to be better.
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Campbell must have trouble looking down field... yes he did find Marshall here and there, but when the game mattered, he became captain check down.... take a shot over the first down marker at least....

There was one play where the defender on Marshall fell right away, and Campbell didn't even see it and just dumped it off to Speth for -1 yards... if he just looked straight down field from Speth, there's Marshall.

If Cutler is not back for next game against the 49'ers, i am in no way confident in Campbell at all managing the game to a dirty win at all.

am i the only one that feels this way?

That's Campbell. As a Raider fan, I can tel you that's just the player he is. He will never lose you games with INTs, but he'll never win you games because he is super conservative and can mostly only see the checkdown. The guy never learned that checkdowns and never going for anything won't win games.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler's going to get re-signed unless he starts playing like Mark Sanchez for the next year and a half. If anything, this poor season just means the Bears are going to save some money.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Cutler is getting resigned because he is the best QB the Bear have bad in 40 years. It would not be easy finding some one better.

My problem is this, is Cutler, like Romo and Rivers, good enough to have a winning record but so flawed and inconsistent that thy cannot win the big games that count?

The Bears will always have a winning record with Cutler, but can thy beat Green Bay, can he win the Superbowl?

Come on. You make it sound like beating Green Bay is something just any bum can do. They were 15-1 last year and would be 7-2 this year if not for the SEA game debacle.

Cutler is 14-5 since the start of last season and outside of his first year under Ron Turner all he has done is win even though this is the first year he has had a legit #1 WR and he has yet to have even an average OL. Every fan wants a winner and we have gotten that as regularly under Jay as we have at any point in the past 20 years. Yeah it's not the 01-04 Pats but it sure ain't the 90s Bears either. There are 32 NFL teams and exactly 6 have a starting QB who has won a Super Bowl.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
1_two_3_forte wrote:
Jason Campbell's excuses for why he sucked?.......

He said something like.. "Well I got no reps. It's hard to come in and produce and get no reps"

Ummm YEA OF COURSE! NO 2ND STRING QUARTERBACK GETS REPS!! THE OBJECT IS TO HAVE A 2ND STRING QUARTERBACK WHO CAN COME IN AND ATLEAST BE FUNCTIONAL!!!! WHY THE HELL YOU THINK WE SIGNED YOU?! TO COME IN AND DUMP IT OFF BEFORE YOU HIT YOUR BACKFOOT!!!!!

Total garbage! Just utter garbageness. Cut the guy. He is horrible.

And to think he was chosen one pick after Rodgers. He would probably never bring that up to save the embarrasement.

And to think people were shouting in the GDT on the general forum that we are better off with Jason Campbell when Cutler went down....Unreal!

No backup QB produces when they come in at the half, a good backup can win games when forced to start.

Cutler sucked worse than Campbell so I can see where people were coming from.

Cutler is on pace for 3224 yards 21 TDs and 18 INTs that is the real story about our QBs.
This is absolutely laughable, Cutler throws an INT where his TE is blatantly contacted on the route and can't get to the spot so that's his fault huh? The other INT was just a great defensive play and a terrific disguise in coverage, and a MAJOR gamble, b/c if Cutler throws to EB instead of Marshall it's an easy 6 since Jackson just abandoned him, as it was he guessed and guessed right. Can't really get upset about it, Marshall had beaten the one on once coverage he had. Defenses make plays too. Why is no one talking about the great play Cutler made to put the offense on the 5 w/ a chance to tie the game going into halftime that the refs just completely took away. No instead we are going to make really stupid comments like Cutler sucked worse than Campbell. Give me a Break

What is laughable is your defense of the first throw where Davis was covered inside and doubled over the top. That is a bad throw of the Gronk is running that route. Is Davis suppose to knock the LB over and get the ball? Davis was covered on the play from the first step to the pick and the ball should have meet been thrown.

The 2nd one was a nice play by Jackson, but it easy to guess right when the QB throws one way everytime. I was not shocked when DBs started jumping Marshall's routes because we don't target anyone else. I am willing to be that if you have the coaches tape that Jackson does not even cover Bennett past 5 yards and runs right at Marshall.

He made a nice play that should have put us on the 1, but good QBs are judge just as much for the bad plays. And with Jay the bad plays happen to often.

The Campbell being better was an exaggeration, but they were both abysmally bad.
OMG, even the announcer pointed out that LB blatantly knocked Davis off his route well beyond 5 yards. Its a timing throw, Davis would have had a definite chance at making the play if not for the illegal contact that was never called, and the ball certainly would not have been picked, at least not w/o another drop from Davis.

Now I have to question if you were watching the game, b/c they showed it on the replay. Its man coverage, Jackson is on Bennett right until the ball is thrown, then he lets him run free and jumps on Marshall. Cutler didn't force that ball, Marshall had beaten single coverage, it was a gamble that paid off for the defense. If anything blame the play design that put Bennett and Marshall that close to each other where the CB could make that gamble.

But instead of actually looking as the play as it happened, lets just blame Cutler. Let's also forget that despite all the mistakes from the other players on the offense, that he had dropped the ball right in the bucket for Marshall in the endzone, and Marshall dropped it, before the FG and the Bears would have been in the lead there. Let's forget that he had put us in position to tie the game and the refs took it away on a blatant bad call.

I will call any player out when they don't do their job, but it wasn't Cutler yesterday. It was Davis who couldn't catch a cold, it was Bush when he didn't protect the football. It was Mike Tice who forgot to run the football early w/ Forte. It wasn't one of the 2 guys on offense who was making plays in the first half of the game and kept the offense moving.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

This is what we get?
There is no doubt on this planet that Cutler is getting resigned. LMAO
Apparently you are laboring under the delusion that the Bears just throw money away. Cutler has shown flashes of brilliance but has never demonstrated the awareness that the truly great QBs have. This is a major reason he is getting sacked as much as he is. He does not have the sense of when someone is behind him nor seem to have an accurate play clock in his head.

Without a major improvement in his play I stand by what I said. And the concussions will also play a critical role in that decision. We are not going to hand him upwards of 60 million if there is serious doubt that he could go down permanently. Not for what we have seen.

I always said that he could not possibly live up to the price we paid and that this is unfair to him. But I can tell you how the fans at Soldier Field react and that does not help him either.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

This is what we get?

Did I really just see this?
Why, yes, yes you did. And I have seen nothing to change it.

We have seen QBs come in as rookies and do better.

Cutler is in the lower third for avg yds per pass. The same is true wrt % completions, interceptions (tied with Vick), 19th in tds (Rodgers has MORE than double), lower third in passer rating. He has never been a top qb while here with one year better than mediocre.

Now just what would be the reason to give him a huge contract?

BTW I find it absolutely hilarious to watch those ready to attack young olinemen like a pack of starving wolves, yet somehow Cutler does not get called to account for his play, the play of a veteran starter.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
The team has done this for three years now and his play is no better. He still runs out of the pocket into linemen, holds the ball way to long, and has no awareness of the rush. Having a rocket arm does not always mean much. He has not shown improvement.

Rodgers gets sacked as much or more than Jay and is a franchise qb. Jay is nowhere close to a franchise qb, you don't become a franchise guy with qB ratings hovering around 80. That is about 20 pts too low to spend 20-25 million a year on.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Cutler's going to get re-signed unless he starts playing like Mark Sanchez for the next year and a half. If anything, this poor season just means the Bears are going to save some money.
Sanchez has thrown fewer interceptions this year than Jay. They both have thrown 65 tds for the Jets and for the Bears, Jay has thrown ONE less interception than Sanchez.

If his play does not improve dramatically they won't resign him. I do not rule out improvement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 49 of 51

Jump to: