Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SuperBowl Preview? Texans at Bears GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
ChiSportsFan wrote:
Remember when Tice said all offseason he wanted to get the TE involved in the passing game? I don't.

Evan Rodriguez is a talented pass catcher being used at FB. Kyle Adams has to be an improvement over the hot garbage that is Kellen Davis.

Yeah and remember when Lovie Smith was talking up Kellen Davis? Good times. Laughing

Remember when like 80% of the posters on this board were talking up Kellen Davis?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_two_3_forte wrote:
Jason Campbell's excuses for why he sucked?.......

He said something like.. "Well I got no reps. It's hard to come in and produce and get no reps"

Ummm YEA OF COURSE! NO 2ND STRING QUARTERBACK GETS REPS!! THE OBJECT IS TO HAVE A 2ND STRING QUARTERBACK WHO CAN COME IN AND ATLEAST BE FUNCTIONAL!!!! WHY THE HELL YOU THINK WE SIGNED YOU?! TO COME IN AND DUMP IT OFF BEFORE YOU HIT YOUR BACKFOOT!!!!!

Total garbage! Just utter garbageness. Cut the guy. He is horrible.

And to think he was chosen one pick after Rodgers. He would probably never bring that up to save the embarrasement.

And to think people were shouting in the GDT on the general forum that we are better off with Jason Campbell when Cutler went down....Unreal!

No backup QB produces when they come in at the half, a good backup can win games when forced to start.

Cutler sucked worse than Campbell so I can see where people were coming from.

Cutler is on pace for 3224 yards 21 TDs and 18 INTs that is the real story about our QBs.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
ChiSportsFan wrote:
Remember when Tice said all offseason he wanted to get the TE involved in the passing game? I don't.

Evan Rodriguez is a talented pass catcher being used at FB. Kyle Adams has to be an improvement over the hot garbage that is Kellen Davis.

Yeah and remember when Lovie Smith was talking up Kellen Davis? Good times. Laughing

Remember when like 80% of the posters on this board were talking up Kellen Davis?

Yup. I expected him to fail to live up to expectations, but I never expected him to be this bad. I don't think anyone could have expected him to be this awful.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
ChiSportsFan wrote:

Yup. I expected him to fail to live up to expectations, but I never expected him to be this bad. I don't think anyone could have expected him to be this awful.

I expected him to be this bad. Not that I'm proud of that; definitely wish I was wrong on that one.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
The real disappointment for me is Jay Cutler who I expected to step up this season. We got him his #1 in his best friend Brandon Marshall, we got him his QB coach to help with the game plan and we were suppose to see the next step with Jay.

Instead he might be the most disappointing Bear. If we look at his projected stats

3224 yards, 21 TDs, 18 INTs

I was expecting so much more than that and I find myself disappointed with what I am getting.

This pretty much has been my point on all of our OL debates we have had....Cutler is supposed to be elite in his own right, then we get Bates, then we get Marshall, we draft Jeffery, he already has a pro bowl RB, then we add Michael Bush, Cutler has to have an elite OL on top of that to produce??? (rhetorical question)

At some point the finger is squarely on Cutler....dude is just not that great, at this point in his career he is NOT on that second tier of QB's, he is more of a 3rd tier guy.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
The real disappointment for me is Jay Cutler who I expected to step up this season. We got him his #1 in his best friend Brandon Marshall, we got him his QB coach to help with the game plan and we were suppose to see the next step with Jay.

Instead he might be the most disappointing Bear. If we look at his projected stats

3224 yards, 21 TDs, 18 INTs

I was expecting so much more than that and I find myself disappointed with what I am getting.

This pretty much has been my point on all of our OL debates we have had....Cutler is supposed to be elite in his own right, then we get Bates, then we get Marshall, we draft Jeffery, he already has a pro bowl RB, then we add Michael Bush, Cutler has to have an elite OL on top of that to produce??? (rhetorical question)

At some point the finger is squarely on Cutler....dude is just not that great, at this point in his career he is NOT on that second tier of QB's, he is more of a 3rd tier guy.

Unfortunately I am starting to realize what you are saying that Cutler does not do what an elite QB does.

These pathetic games against good teams are killing me.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
BearsDen1-99 wrote:
Man how i hate late games!!!

You joined FF on my 14th birthday. sup.
My birthday is 3/28 my wife's was 3/31 whatever that is worth.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the excuses were suppose to be gone for Cutler this year.

This is what we get?
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS24 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
BEARS24 wrote:
Its like we have forgotten that this is a one score game...

Problem is our offense doesnt want to score

Where has EB been?

Try something there at least?
Bennett has a good game every now and then. So far we have not seen it this year.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
I think several of you guys are underplaying the field conditions factor. It was a mess out there. Neither team did anything on offense outside of one long drive by Houston.

This isnt new though AZ. The offense has been terrible for a few weeks now. We arent going to be playing teams like the Titans from now on.

Agreed - I'm just saying that taking anything concrete from this game isn't realistic both because Jay only played a half and because it was played in a monsoon. I would have loved to see how our team would fare against a good team in reasonable playing conditions.
As it stands there would not be a good result from playing a good team in any conditions. We simply do not have a good offense. It is not impossible that we can win another three games and make the playoffs even with this offense but we should not expect much more.

In watching the Bears for 41 years I have very rarely seen the team with a good offense. There is still a chance to develop one with these players so not all hope is lost.

I see almost no chance of beating GB.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
I think several of you guys are underplaying the field conditions factor. It was a mess out there. Neither team did anything on offense outside of one long drive by Houston.

This isnt new though AZ. The offense has been terrible for a few weeks now. We arent going to be playing teams like the Titans from now on.

Agreed - I'm just saying that taking anything concrete from this game isn't realistic both because Jay only played a half and because it was played in a monsoon. I would have loved to see how our team would fare against a good team in reasonable playing conditions.
As it stands there would not be a good result from playing a good team in any conditions. We simply do not have a good offense. It is not impossible that we can win another three games and make the playoffs even with this offense but we should not expect much more.

In watching the Bears for 41 years I have very rarely
seen the team with a good offense. There is still a chance to develop one with these players so not all hope is lost.

I see almost no chance of beating GB.

I firmly believe that we have NO chance of winning the division.

If we lose to the 49ers and the Packers beat the Lions we are tied and losing the head to head tie breaker.

We lose to the Packers at Soldier and this division is locked up for the Packers.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
A few thoughts on the game: Two plays that absolutely hurt us bad were the Marshall TD drop on a perfect Cutler throw, and the joke of a call that Jay was over the line. I got no problem with that call being made on the field, but it was CLEAR that he did not cross the line completely before releasing the ball on the replay. Terrible, terrible call there. Awful.

The D played great, nothing much else I can say there.

Campbell was terrible, but I also have to put blame on Tice as well. Playcalling was pretty bad most of the game. Didn't call a single screen pass against the most blitzing team in the NFL. Granted it didn't appear to me that they blitzed a whole lot, but still. My dad said it as we watched the game together, he said, "I would rather lose by 2 TDs and know that the plays called game us a chance to win, than play to not lose the game by making mistakes on O, only to lose by a field goal or two whilst getting nothing done on offense." I had to agree.

The O line was flat out impressive. I don't get it. For the love of everything good, can we get that kind of inspired performance at least most weeks, if not every week?

I have said it before, and will again, Forte is hands down better than Foster. If Foster had our line he would do zero. Not really game relevant, but I just had to mention it.
Forte is running behind a line which has some experience. Foster is running behind two rookies. Foster would be just as good behind our line and is AT LEAST as good as Forte. In fact, this kind of weather would have caused good coaches to realize they had to give the major role to Bush. Forte could not use his strengths last night.

Keeping the line together and getting it more experience playing together is the key to developing consistency. It is unrealistic to expect this inconsistency won't continue for the rest of the year.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

This is what we get?
Resigning him starts to look doubtful unless he improves his play the rest of the year.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
1_two_3_forte wrote:
Jason Campbell's excuses for why he sucked?.......

He said something like.. "Well I got no reps. It's hard to come in and produce and get no reps"

Ummm YEA OF COURSE! NO 2ND STRING QUARTERBACK GETS REPS!! THE OBJECT IS TO HAVE A 2ND STRING QUARTERBACK WHO CAN COME IN AND ATLEAST BE FUNCTIONAL!!!! WHY THE HELL YOU THINK WE SIGNED YOU?! TO COME IN AND DUMP IT OFF BEFORE YOU HIT YOUR BACKFOOT!!!!!

Total garbage! Just utter garbageness. Cut the guy. He is horrible.

And to think he was chosen one pick after Rodgers. He would probably never bring that up to save the embarrasement.

And to think people were shouting in the GDT on the general forum that we are better off with Jason Campbell when Cutler went down....Unreal!

No backup QB produces when they come in at the half, a good backup can win games when forced to start.

Cutler sucked worse than Campbell so I can see where people were coming from.

Cutler is on pace for 3224 yards 21 TDs and 18 INTs that is the real story about our QBs.
This is absolutely laughable, Cutler throws an INT where his TE is blatantly contacted on the route and can't get to the spot so that's his fault huh? The other INT was just a great defensive play and a terrific disguise in coverage, and a MAJOR gamble, b/c if Cutler throws to EB instead of Marshall it's an easy 6 since Jackson just abandoned him, as it was he guessed and guessed right. Can't really get upset about it, Marshall had beaten the one on once coverage he had. Defenses make plays too. Why is no one talking about the great play Cutler made to put the offense on the 5 w/ a chance to tie the game going into halftime that the refs just completely took away. No instead we are going to make really stupid comments like Cutler sucked worse than Campbell. Give me a Break

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

This is what we get?
Resigning him starts to look doubtful unless he improves his play the rest of the year.
There is no doubt on this planet that Cutler is getting resigned. LMAO

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 48 of 51

Jump to: