Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breakdown - Wallace TD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Breakdown - Wallace TD Reply with quote

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/05/giants-steelers-how-a-slant-became-a-key-score/

Quote:
Down by 10 points early in the fourth quarter, the Steelers needed a spark on offense. Facing a critical third-and-5 at their 49-yard line, the Steelers called for 11 personnel one running back, one tight end, and three receivers and lined up in a Shotgun Tight End Trips formation. Wide receiver Mike Wallace, held to two receptions for 15 yards to that point, was isolated to the boundary against Giants cornerback Corey Webster.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace might be the only WR in the NFL that scores on that play.

He catches a lot of flak on here...but I do everything possible to resign him this offseason.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:

He catches a lot of flak on here...but I do everything possible to resign him this offseason.

I agree.... love the guy..... I just don't see how keeping him will be possible.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
treat88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:

I agree.... love the guy..... I just don't see how keeping him will be possible.

Gotta cut ties with Ike, Harrison, Snack, Mendenhall, and Keisel and then tag him.

Not saying it is probable or smart at all, but it is doable if they chose to go young on defense.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Bobikus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:

Gotta cut ties with Ike, Harrison, Snack, Mendenhall, and Keisel and then tag him.

Not saying it is probable or smart at all, but it is doable if they chose to go young on defense.

Snack Mendy and Keisel should probably be out the door soon either way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to keep him.

Im not for paying him $12 mil a year. Considering the cap situation and what Ive seen of him over the last 2 seasons, I just dont think he is worth that type of investment.
treat88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I want to keep him.

Im not for paying him $12 mil a year. Considering the cap situation and what Ive seen of him over the last 2 seasons, I just dont think he is worth that type of investment.

Yep. I've got pretty mixed thoughts as well.

I think he's probably worth the money, but I'm not sure he's worth the money for this team given the cap situation.

Gonna be a lot of changes this off season one way or another.

I really want to keep Wallace, Lewis, and Redman if it is at all possible.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I want to keep him.

someone else will think he is worth it, but if we win a championship, maybe he will reconsider? If we keep running near 6 ypc and getting close to 150 yrds a game it might not matter as much. I would like for him to stay, but when he turned down the offer they had, I gave up.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
I want to keep him.

someone else will think he is worth it, but if we win a championship, maybe he will reconsider? If we keep running near 6 ypc and getting close to 150 yrds a game it might not matter as much. I would like for him to stay, but when he turned down the offer they had, I gave up.

Reconsider what?

I personally think Wallace would like to stay here, but I guarnatee he isnt going to take alot less to stay here, I dont care what we win.

Some team will drastically overpay him. Even if we could offer him $12 mil a year, I have a feeling some team will offer him something ridiciulous with a ton of guaranteed money. I wouldnt be shocked with Miami seeing their need for another weapon and the fact that Wallace is from the south.

If we keep Wallace, so be it and Ill be happy, but a) Im not all for mortgaging our future to keep him, and b) while he will be missed, his departure wont kill this offense as much as some think it will.

We have moved on from great players before, and we can do it again.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We appreciate Wallace but the fact of the matter is, he wants too much money. It doesn't matter how much you want something, if it's too expensive, it won't matter. I think Brown / Sanders / Cotchery will do just fine.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he can accept 9-10 a year; It's possible.

Cut Snack and Keisel; for starters. Then you see what the cap is and go from there.

I don't see why we cut Mendenhall? Are people really sold on Dwyer / Redman?
The Curtain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to keep him too, but I definitely agree he isn't worth what he wants. If it's between that money and replacing him, I say let him walk. Money HAS to go to investing in that defense.

Already got Brown locked up, Sanders will be a cheaper option than Wallace, and then fill in the gaps with draft/FA. Plus, with how well Heath Miller has thrived in Haley's offense, our TE position is really picking up any slack from the WR position. I think we could live without Wallace.

I feel like Wallace is a flawed talent, still very effective with his tools, but he could be a lot better if he did some of the little things better.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:

Cut Snack and Keisel; for starters. Then you see what the cap is and go from there.

I like Mendenhall and I don't think he'll be as expensive as some are believing he'll be.

The Steelers are going to make moves, restructure and free more space.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:

No one is "cutting" Mendy....he is a free agent.

I could see us bringing him back, depending on the cost....but they wont spend alot of resources on him. He is nothing special and can be replaced.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

No one is "cutting" Mendy....he is a free agent.

I could see us bringing him back, depending on the cost....but they wont spend alot of resources on him. He is nothing special and can be replaced.

If you could get Ike or Mendenhall for the same money, who'd you pick?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: