Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Did he just not like us? Chip Kelly to go pro next year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Did he just not like us? Chip Kelly to go pro next year Reply with quote

Quote:
Oregon athletic director Mike Bellotti believes it is "just inevitable" that head coach Chip Kelly will eventually be in the NFL.
"It actually surprised me he changed his mind [with the Bucs] last year," Bellotti admitted. An unnamed source close to Kelly added, "There are nine chances in 10 if he wins out [this season] hes gone." Although some may say so, Kelly does not run a gimmicky offense, in fact many of his ideas are base NFL plays at a much faster pace. Many teams will certainly inquire about his services at the end of the season, and we would put the Jaguars, Chiefs, Browns, and possibly the Panthers on that list.
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me it was more about him regretting the decision to leave Oregon as well as this is the best team he has had in his time in Oregon. Would you rather go to a bottom ranked NFL team or come back to possibly a National Championship?

If he wins that championship this year, what else is he playing for in the NCAA. Only reason i see him leaving at the end of this year.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
To me it was more about him regretting the decision to leave Oregon as well as this is the best team he has had in his time in Oregon. Would you rather go to a bottom ranked NFL team or come back to possibly a National Championship?

If he wins that championship this year, what else is he playing for in the NCAA. Only reason i see him leaving at the end of this year.

I think the title of this thread is misleading. It says he's going to the nfl next year and in the quote from article it says the AD believes he'll go. Nothing like a distraction during an undefeated NC hunt.

Good luck Chip Kelly finding an nfl job bc no one will trust his word.
mfw096

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares?!?!?! Things happen for reasons and we ended up getting the better guy in Greg Schiano.

But to be honest I think Chip Kelly got scared and wants to win a championship with Oregon before anything.
Diesel00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfw096 wrote:
Who cares?!?!?!

Ditto

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Chip Kelly succeeding somewhere, but now that I've learned a lot about this team and more about him, I don't know if it would have worked here. At a place like Philly or Carolina though, I would think he could be successful.

I do hope he doesn't go to Carolina.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
I could see Chip Kelly succeeding somewhere, but now that I've learned a lot about this team and more about him, I don't know if it would have worked here. At a place like Philly or Carolina though, I would think he could be successful.

Lol remember when many people wanted Chudzinksi as head coach after 1 year of being an OC?
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:

Ideally, he would be a fit in Washington, but I believe Shanahan has two more years on his contract at $7 million/yr. I think Chip wants an elsuive QB. Freeman has mobility, but he certainly isn't as elusive as a RGIII and Cam. Also, the o-line is more of a power running team then a spread.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

Ideally, he would be a fit in Washington, but I believe Shanahan has two more years on his contract at $7 million/yr. I think Chip wants an elsuive QB. Freeman has mobility, but he certainly isn't as elusive as a RGIII and Cam. Also, the o-line is more of a power running team then a spread.

Wherever chip Kelly goes you can bet Dennis Dixon will get a call.
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schiano>Kelly. I would have said that when we hired Schiano as well. He has us plaing well, and was/is the coach that this team needs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: