Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DMAC high ankle sprain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raaka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one hope we move on from McFadden after this season. I was elated when we drafted him, he was one of my favorite college players ever (I remember when he threw, ran and caught a TD when Arkansas upset LSU). But with the exception of the first 6 games last year, I haven't seen the consistency from him required to be a starter in this league, especially when running backs are dime a dozen. He has that home run ability we all love, but personally I'd rather see a back who can pump out 3,4,5 runs with consistency rather then a series of 1 or no yard gains with a big run once or twice a game.

I think his spotlight is dimming and I'd move on after this year. Too bad, had a lot of potential.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
raidersbaby wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Injured in Week 9? Seems about right.

yup surprised he made it this far lol

For some reason I thought he was due for some good luck. Soooo much for that lol I'm gigged to see Reese and maybe jones finally.

Why? Dude fumbles everytime he touches the ball.

Well if he fumbles it must be in practice because he didn't fumble at all in the preseason or in the limited time he played last year.

You can't be serious Laughing

He fumbled twice in the first game and once last game.

I recall him fumbling the pitch on the reverse in the opener not a 2nd one no ?

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
raidersbaby wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Injured in Week 9? Seems about right.

yup surprised he made it this far lol

For some reason I thought he was due for some good luck. Soooo much for that lol I'm gigged to see Reese and maybe jones finally.

Why? Dude fumbles everytime he touches the ball.

Well if he fumbles it must be in practice because he didn't fumble at all in the preseason or in the limited time he played last year.

You can't be serious Laughing

He fumbled twice in the first game and once last game.

I recall him fumbling the pitch on the reverse in the opener not a 2nd one no ?

Kickoff return.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raaka wrote:
But with the exception of the first 6 games last year, I haven't seen the consistency from him required to be a starter in this league, especially when running backs are dime a dozen. He has that home run ability we all love, but personally I'd rather see a back who can pump out 3,4,5 runs with consistency rather then a series of 1 or no yard gains with a big run once or twice a game.

He was very consistent in 2010, as well. Not including this year, he has been a consistent runner, just like the kind you described above, churning out constant 4+ yard runs plus that home run ability. This year is a different story, of course, but the past 2 years he has been a consistent chain mover and home run threat.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the 3 RB's on the team, I think Jones has the best chance of finding success in this offense. His combo of speed, agility, and acceleration make him better suited to turn something out of nothing.

If Knapp won't run it up the middle with DMC, he definitely won't with Jones, so defenses will continue to know we're running outside. But unlike DMC, Jones has the agility to cut back across the field. Hopefully he has the confidence to do that, because I could see Knapp pulling the plug on him right away if he tries it without success.
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Of the 3 RB's on the team, I think Jones has the best chance of finding success in this offense. His combo of speed, agility, and acceleration make him better suited to turn something out of nothing.

If Knapp won't run it up the middle with DMC, he definitely won't with Jones, so defenses will continue to know we're running outside. But unlike DMC, Jones has the agility to cut back across the field. Hopefully he has the confidence to do that, because I could see Knapp pulling the plug on him right away if he tries it without success.

Fair more likely he gets the plug pulled on him because he fumbles the ball on his first carry.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Fair more likely he gets the plug pulled on him because he fumbles the ball on his first carry.

Not really.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: