Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DMAC high ankle sprain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Done for the season. I can safely say "bon-voyage, you will not be missed".

EDIT: Let me clarify, I have not heard he's done for the season but knowing his past, he's done. Dude could've stubbed his toe and been done.

He wont play to many more snaps this year and will be gone at the end of the year. The funny part is the if another rb comes in and do decent, people will say well the oline is blocking better.

They will say that followed by a "I wish DMac had that line, he'd still be here". McFadden has been overrated since college and although he looked to be on his way, he never got there. Go riddance. We can spend money elsewhere.

First, gtfoh with the overrated part. He was the best runningback in the NFL last season before he got hurt.

Second, I'd be cool with that. We'd get running game production and he'd be free of Greg Knapp.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
uncraiders20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

EDIT: Let me clarify, I have not heard he's done for the season but knowing his past, he's done. Dude could've stubbed his toe and been done.

He wont play to many more snaps this year and will be gone at the end of the year. The funny part is the if another rb comes in and do decent, people will say well the oline is blocking better.

They will say that followed by a "I wish DMac had that line, he'd still be here". McFadden has been overrated since college and although he looked to be on his way, he never got there. Go riddance. We can spend money elsewhere.

now we are just getting dumb. anyone who blames this running performance on dmac and saying he is over rated has not been watching the games and only checks the stat line. everytime dmac gets the ball the whole line is getting pushed back 2 yards, dmac has to avoid runners in the back field everytime. dmac is a prime running back talent in this league, this line just can't seem to block or gel together.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
First, gtfoh with the overrated part. He was the best runningback in the NFL last season before he got hurt.

Second, I'd be cool with that. We'd get running game production and he'd be free of Greg Knapp.

And if the season was only 10 games long, he'd be the best. Fact is, he could never stay healthy and he only produced how many years? Like I said, he looked like he was on his way but never got there. His crappy years outweigh his glamour years IMO.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uncraiders20 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

now we are just getting dumb. anyone who blames this running performance on dmac and saying he is over rated has not been watching the games and only checks the stat line. everytime dmac gets the ball the whole line is getting pushed back 2 yards, dmac has to avoid runners in the back field everytime. dmac is a prime running back talent in this league, this line just can't seem to block or gel together.

LOL I have missed maybe a total of 3 games of McFadden's career and that's pretty much just halves missed combined. Did I miss him when he tripped over himself his rookie campaign? When he lacked discipline and just bulldozed into our lineman's backs w/o even letting a play develop the least bit? What about when ladybugs tackled him on the grass? Maybe about how when he changed his style of running, became more patient, and got his (what it seems like) what lateral agility to make people miss and he became effective til he got hurt every year?

I don't miss games. I just see it for what it is. Dude disappeared against weak competition in college also. I thought he was overrated then and thought he was his entire career. He looked to be turning it around but only got hurt over and over and over again. Maybe had he stayed healthy, he would've done it.......

PM sig requests.
uncraiders20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
uncraiders20 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

LOL I have missed maybe a total of 3 games of McFadden's career and that's pretty much just halves missed combined. Did I miss him when he tripped over himself his rookie campaign? When he lacked discipline and just bulldozed into our lineman's backs w/o even letting a play develop the least bit? What about when ladybugs tackled him on the grass? Maybe about how when he changed his style of running, became more patient, and got his (what it seems like) what lateral agility to make people miss and he became effective til he got hurt every year?

I don't miss games. I just see it for what it is. Dude disappeared against weak competition in college also. I thought he was overrated then and thought he was his entire career. He looked to be turning it around but only got hurt over and over and over again. Maybe had he stayed healthy, he would've done it.......

so because he wasn't a stud his first year he is no good? as far as injuries go, you can't predict injuries. not like he is reinjuring the same body part, its always something different. it happens when you weigh 220 and run full speed into grown men that also weigh 220+. maybe if the rest of this team could develop like dmac has done every year, people would appreciate dmac a little more.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Injured in Week 9? Seems about right.

yup surprised he made it this far lol

For some reason I thought he was due for some good luck. Soooo much for that lol I'm gigged to see Reese and maybe jones finally.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uncraiders20 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
uncraiders20 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

so because he wasn't a stud his first year he is no good? as far as injuries go, you can't predict injuries. not like he is reinjuring the same body part, its always something different. it happens when you weigh 220 and run full speed into grown men that also weigh 220+. maybe if the rest of this team could develop like dmac has done every year, people would appreciate dmac a little more.

ive always said dmac is too tall to be a rb and his legs are way too skinny. I like my rb's short stocky and fast like ray rice, muscle hampster dude, mjd, trent etc etc. short, fast, strong rbs are so hard to tackle cause they are so low to the ground and they often disappear in the trenches.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

For some reason I thought he was due for some good luck. Soooo much for that lol I'm gigged to see Reese and maybe jones finally.

im hella gigged too but reece is too tall to do be a full time rb imo. as fragile as tj is i wonder who would be a our third rb. i wish we would stick reece at te and leave him there.

green24 wrote:
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

im hella gigged too but reece is too tall to do be a full time rb imo. as fragile as tj is i wonder who would be a our third rb. i wish we would stick reece at te and leave him there.

Agreed about Reese and does he have enough burst either ? he moves well for a 240 pounder but playing rb is different story. After watching Monday night Chris ivory looked really good too oh well

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Agreed about Reese and does he have enough burst either ? he moves well for a 240 pounder but playing rb is different story. After watching Monday night Chris ivory looked really good too oh well

i think he has better hands and offers more at the te position than myers. seems like knapp has given up on reece at fb.

green24 wrote:
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Yeah, i don't see the short area quickness with Reece. He's fast on a straight line but as far as navigating through blocks at the LOS, i have some doubts.
raidersbaby

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Why? Dude fumbles everytime he touches the ball.

^^^Props go out to Silver&Black88^^^
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uncraiders20 wrote:

Who said he wasn't any good?? Overrated =/= no good. His injuries have always been foot and leg problems so they're similar. "Develop"?? You call what he's doing this year "developing"? You are also right except I'll phrase it so it doesn't sound a glittery.... if he had any discipline running and was a smarter back, he wouldn't be running full speed into those people. People like glitz and glamour. He could be averaging 3 YPC but as long as he trucks someone and lays him out, he's good. LOL... no. He was a boom or bust back in college and he never changed. He was just more bust than boom. Sorry man, it is what it is.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

ive always said dmac is too tall to be a rb and his legs are way too skinny.

I nicknamed him "Baby Cow Legs" coming out of college b/c I felt that's what they resembled and is one of the reasons I felt he was going to have problems. People loved to name 2-3 examples of people who succeeded w/ the same stature but that's also the problem... only 2 or 3 not 10-20.

PM sig requests.
uncraiders20

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
uncraiders20 wrote:

Who said he wasn't any good?? Overrated =/= no good. His injuries have always been foot and leg problems so they're similar. "Develop"?? You call what he's doing this year "developing"? You are also right except I'll phrase it so it doesn't sound a glittery.... if he had any discipline running and was a smarter back, he wouldn't be running full speed into those people. People like glitz and glamour. He could be averaging 3 YPC but as long as he trucks someone and lays him out, he's good. LOL... no. He was a boom or bust back in college and he never changed. He was just more bust than boom. Sorry man, it is what it is.

i think people are just unrealistic. everyone agrees last year dmac was a beast before injury, so we all assumed this season would be no different. obviously something happened to this offense (knapp) and this team is not even close to being a good team. our offense is bland, and add in a horrendous offensive line, teams have had an easy time game planning for dmac. truth be told it wouldn't matter who is in the backfield this season, no one can block and no one would be successful

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: